CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Won't happen, but if I were going to start an org I've always thought 'Four Horsemen' would be a badass name, although it wouldnt fit well with any of the 5 man eSports

WoW player eh

• Upvote (+1) 2

Won't happen, but if I were going to start an org I've always thought 'Four Horsemen' would be a badass name, although it wouldnt fit well with any of the 5 man eSports

4 Horsemen and Apocalypse. Hopefully the captain is a very large and terrifying man deserving of the name. (or they can be an awesome boy band, either/or). 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I was hoping I would never have to see that name again.

I meant to mention this morning...

Liquid should be announcing something very soon, possibly tonight, possibly tomorrow regarding what's happening with them in Halo 5. I unfortunately don't know specifics, so I can't say with absolute certainty.

Well since you said "Team Liquid Top 3' earlier, I can only assume that they are staying in Halo.

getting reality checked is one of the greatest moments in esport 

it's like getting beat by the washington generals 

#staynoblebitches

• Upvote (+1) 3

Enigma 6

Team Liquid. Seriously Team Liquid makes no fucking sense. I'm gonna start up an org called Team Gas. How about Team Solid?

Ninjas in Pajamas. wut

For years I've wanted NiP to pick up Ninja, from then on he streams and attends events in his pajamas.

I'm 99% sure APGs team is resigning with Liquid, but if they are still considering orgs, I'd say take a hard look at this one.

This is the first Halo team I thought of when I heard the announcement.

In terms of E-Sports names, I think Team Liquid is a really good one.  Sure, it might not really mean anything but it's a unique name.  My favorite is probably Renegades, but that's because I really like their colors and logo.  I'll agree with the people saying that "100 Thieves" is a terrible name, it really doesn't evoke any sort of response from me, and I don't understand the 100 part even with his explanation.  That said, I don't think "thieves" would be any better, because that's just really generic. 

Well since you said "Team Liquid Top 3' earlier, I can only assume that they are staying in Halo.

That was just me making up for making a long off-topic post... and then moving said post to a different thread.

Should've just said RIP CLG event win streak, since they won't win PAX East.

On the topic of fantastic names... Evil Geniuses is one of my favorite.  Especially since for a while, they had players like idrA who were known for being kind of the...bad boys.  It fit them :p

In terms of straight up team names, when they're winning, Final Boss and Status Quo were fantastic names.  When Status Quo was a top 8-top 12 team, it was an awful name.

If I ever started an esports org, I'd tell them they don't get to eat until they win a tournament...and name my team The Hungry.  Everyone would just assume they were "Hungry for a win" but it would be a literal team name.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That was just me making up for making a long off-topic post... and then moving said post to a different thread.

Should've just said RIP CLG event win streak, since they won't win PAX East.

On the topic of fantastic names... Evil Geniuses is one of my favorite.  Especially since for a while, they had players like idrA who were known for being kind of the...bad boys.  It fit them :p

In terms of straight up team names, when they're winning, Final Boss and Status Quo were fantastic names.  When Status Quo was a top 8-top 12 team, it was an awful name.

If I ever started an esports org, I'd tell them they don't get to eat until they win a tournament...and name my team The Hungry.  Everyone would just assume they were "Hungry for a win" but it would be a literal team name.

@@PlzLearn clearly doesn't know how to OT

Str8 top 1

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since we're on team names. I really like "Triggers Down" and "Shoot To Kill"

• Upvote (+1) 6

I feel like Org names have to be a lot more generic than a typical team name though. Names like Triggers Down and Shoot to Kill are very Shooter centric.

Final Boss would be an incredible org name.

My team name is best team name, too bad I doubt I'll ever get to use it. (its probably awful but I like it and thats all that matters).

BTW didn't see this posted here, what do you guys think of brands that have nothing to do with gaming sponsoring E-Sports orgs? 

Not a bad thing. I think the car stuffs a little cheesy? though.

Maybe Nadeshots Org can get that Herman Miller sponsor.

Insert unpopular opinion puffin here

I actually like 100 thieves as a team name.  I think it sounds cool.  Please don't hate me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

BTW didn't see this posted here, what do you guys think of brands that have nothing to do with gaming sponsoring E-Sports orgs? 

Tons of orgs have non-gaming sponsors. I think it's a great thing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Actually this sponsorship sort of makes sense.

Hecz is constantly making content FROM his car. Instant promotion.

Naded has videos dedicated to just showing off his cars which have high views.

I assume the rest of the team drive decent to nice cars and have insane viewership.

Optic - "Hey, give us 10k and we'll make 10 videos featuring our cars with Turtle Wax branding, product placement, and mentions that will get over 1,000,000 views"

Turtle Wax - "Done"

I'm all for it. Exposure to eSports for the most part cant hurt.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Wow. Excellent pickup. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was hoping I would never have to see that name again.

I meant to mention this morning...

Liquid should be announcing something very soon, possibly tonight, possibly tomorrow regarding what's happening with them in Halo 5.  I unfortunately don't know specifics, so I can't say with absolute certainty.

Is this a player in halo history, or are you referring to the LoL player...I was referring to actual history, not esports history.

I feel like Org names have to be a lot more generic than a typical team name though. Names like Triggers Down and Shoot to Kill are very Shooter centric.

Final Boss would be an incredible org name.

Either could work as a general org name if you kept it at an abbreviation or emphasized the use of the abbreviation over the full name. TD and StK sounds pretty nice as is as well.