CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

when you're trying to vlog with your homie, but start daydreaming about that nap you're gonna take

1E3izZB.gif

Or is he asleep here to? Flame put the sunglasses no so no one would know  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Or is he asleep here to? Flame put the sunglasses no so no one would know  :kappa:

What nobody can see is how his hands are taped together to keep them like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't you breathe pretty slow when you're sleeping? If you look his breathing looks pretty normal to me, but what do I know.

Why are we (am I) discussing this....

You don't follow CoD at all, do you? 

Black Ops 3 has all of what you listed yet it's considered one of the best in the series, especially competitively.  

This might be "arguably" the case but this is coming off of AW and Ghosts so pretty much anything will seem refreshing. Yes Treyarch has actually made competitive CoD a thing (against all odds) however, (opinion) I think competitive CoD is as big as it will ever be and will start to decline or just keep its status quo. With CoD the time to kill is just too fast to make it an enjoyable game to watch and now that they've included the ban system there are some super frustrating things that cause a lesser team to win. You guys think that a storm rifle hose is bad. As far as Vandy goes, yes he interacts but so does 343 (just not on TB) I don't really see a huge difference here. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The online to LAN stat is so misleading. Optic always played online against higher quality opponents than they played on LAN. And didn't they only play 3 series on LAN total? Of course Maniac's stats are going to look inflated on LAN. With players who went to Worlds you have to factor in that they played against foreign teams that they never played online. It's a cool stat though, makes for good conversation.

Except that Optic had Dream Team, Cloud 9 and Allegiance in their group. They would have played those teams online throughout the qualifiers and in scrims prior to the event.

"And on that day," declares the Lord Lethul, "many a laser was focused."

praisethelord-2.jpg

This is why I love the halo community! Lmfao.

OT: I have a feeling this 4 team LAN will be epic. I wish they would have done group play for it though

The online to LAN stat is so misleading.

All stats are misleading really, they only tell a small part of the story due to how situational Halo is and the many things that can't be picked up in a statsheet. They're for fun.

@@ssbChad

Are you going to do the opposite of online to lan improvement?

Except that Optic had Dream Team, Cloud 9 and Allegiance in their group. They would have played those teams online throughout the qualifiers and in scrims prior to the event.

So only one top 8 team then. You're proving my point. They played against EG, CLG, RNG, and Liquid online I'm pretty sure so of course their stats will go up playing Dream Team.

@@ssbChad

Are you going to do the opposite of online to lan improvement?

I couldn't think of a way to post it in a non-negative light, so I just released the google docs of the entire leaderboard and all the raw data.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i just started liking tiberius and then he goes and defends autos

If I had water in my mouth, it would have been all over my desk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every map would play better if storm rifles were removed, and the SMG had a significant ammo reduction

no exceptions.

I wish Storm Rifles would overheat faster (overheat speed faster than kill speed) so you'd have to pulse the trigger more if you wanted to get kills with them.  Would serve as a nerf to kill speed and a training tool to teach people how to use the weapon correctly instead of just spray and pray.

Doesn't make autos any more interesting to watch. Empire is the most boring map for a reason. The maps that people generally say are the best maps are the maps with the least auto dependence. The game would benefit if they were gone or drastically reduced in map presence.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I couldn't think of a way to post it in a non-negative light,

So? :laugh:

Thanks though.

I literally had to get up and walk out of class because of laughing at the Ace sleeping screen caps.  

Why has someone not put up various clouds coming out of his head with things that he is dreaming of??

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think Empire is "boring" -- I think it's chaotic.  It's frustrating to watch, because it's so disorganized and hard to truly follow what's going on, at any level of play.  And I agree with you that it's because of the prevalence of automatics.  I think automatics should be nerfed in a sandbox balance patch, and I wouldn't be upset to see it limited to one automatic choice per map, but I think if the sandbox were balanced better, that wouldn't be as necessary.

Rest assured, my defense of automatics does not coincide with a belief that their overuse is okay...but again, I think that's a sandbox balance issue more than anything else.

I 100% believe the Storm Rifle and SMG are overpowered in their current iterations, and having each of them on each side of a map on a 10 second respawn timer is not good for the health of the game.  But I also believe having them present in some form is good for the health of the game.

I feel like it should be on a tier between the power weapons and normal weapon spawn. 

90s aF

This song came on my discovery playlist on spotify last week, you just helped me figure out how the hell I knew it!  :intel:

• Upvote (+1) 1

<automatic weapons thoughts>

Interesting point.

I think when people bash automatic weapons, what they really dislike is the low opportunity for reversal. You can make the shotgun guy miss, but that's not really an option in the AR case. With the AR, there's an event horizon of engagement inside of which your target is doomed.

I think Halo 5 has solved this because it has really increased the skill cap on movement. This can be used to sneak up on somebody and earn easy kills with an AR, yes, but it can equally be used to score a reversal when ambushed by an SMG. That keeps engagements interesting, and gives rewards to players with good right AND left thumbs.

Plus, when somebody has amazing gunskill AND exceptional movement fluidity, you get gameplay like Frosty or Suspector, which is just damn fun to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you want the game to be only about a player's ability to put a pistol reticule over a player's head and shoot 5 times better than the other player's ability to do the same, you are dumbing down an otherwise diverse game and reducing the potential diversity and player pool just to fit your own definition of skill.

You're shunning players like me who can't aim...

Just wait until you are 40...... Humble pie every time you fire up the Xbone. Autos (and DMR) are good for us old guys.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1