CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm really bad at halo 5 compared to other halo games. I can't hit anyone rip my chances at pro league :kappa:

why is it nV are still struggling? I think ola or mikwen have got to leave that team, because they just don't work well together. they've been together for months and are still struggling with basic strategy. mikwen is far too aggressive and ola is too passive/sneaky, they're both good, but just don't mesh well.

Wow calm down there buddy, lets take a deep breath.

You make it sound like they aren't even wining maps and are being demolished in scrims, personally I think this team has a real shot at wining PAX as the only team which I deem ahead of them (and not by much) would be Evil Geniuses.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else yet but I have had to do a few double takes when people are talking about Evil Geniuses and Enigma 6. 

EG E6

Maybe my eyes are just giving up on me after all these years, RIP eyes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else yet but I have had to do a few double takes when people are talking about Evil Geniuses and Enigma 6. 

EG E6

Obviously you're getting old.

Try cleaning the screen? How big is the print? cntrl + mouse scroll wheel.

Or you're just used to EG and when you're reading your brain just assumes its EG, just like how when you read forwards you're less likely to notice spelling mistakes because your brain just puts the word you're reading together.

Obviously you're getting old.

Try cleaning the screen? How big is the print? cntrl + mouse scroll wheel.

Or you're just used to EG and when you're reading your brain just assumes its EG, just like how when you read forwards you're less likely to notice spelling mistakes because your brain just puts the word you're reading together.

I think its that most of the time. I'm not used to having to differentiate between 2 teams with similar abbreviations.

But really its because I'm getting old (25)

EG E6

I recommend we call EG, well EG, and refer to enigma 6 as EG6

I recommend we call EG, well EG, and refer to enigma 6 as EG6

I think we should use our forum powers, (that we use to set up scrims) and force one of them to get a new org. 

Play a 3 game series online (one game being breakout)

Loser has to find a new org. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

i get that, but this team hasn't been successful AT ALL. Time for both of them to go their separate ways. Ola is sick, he'll find a team. Mikwen is sick he'll find a team. elTown has been putting in work on nV, i don't know much about rayne but he hasn't been playing well in scrims. i am a lurker, but i just don't get why you would stick with a team that has 0 chance of success.

Because there is no "Magic bullet" out there.  There are some rosters that are locked like EG, RNG, Optic and CLG so those players are not available to team with.  Plus in reality this game is still pretty young and so is the format of the Pro League (for halo anyway). Having a consistent roster that you can rely on and practice with long term is something that will pay off in the long run, or so I believe it will as i think a lot of Pros do.

You also need to define "0 chance of success."  What does that even mean? 0 chance to beat CLG?  If that's the case then literally every other team is in the same boat. EG and RNG are probably the 2 other teams rounding out the top 3 right now, and neither one could take more than 3 games off clg in recent scrims.  But that's today, you never know what you will be able to accomplish 3 months from now unless you play and practice consistently with a stable team.

Stability is something that the Halo scene has never really had save for a few specific, elite teams (like CLG right now) and i think its something that the scene needs to learn. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Someone screen capped when Vision was on the front page of Twitch.

Perfectly timed screen cap imo  :simms:

FVTEJ6B.jpg

kdZvHyQ.gif

Someone photoshop Chad's face onto this.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It blows my mind Royal 2 can actually improve that much from online because he's already a ridiculously hard kill with near perfect aim.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Basically, I wish Treyarch had control of the Halo franchise.

This gave me cancer.  :kappa:

I agree with you on most other points and its clear 343 is trying to improve their communication, it just isn't there yet.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ace was asleep as per usual so they propped him up in the chair like a doll to get him into the vision episode . Good guys them Optic lads.

8ba19366558d2b0307ecaddf723ca1fa.png

Is this guy ever awake?

• Upvote (+1) 4

And we playing again tonight

haven't seen any posts about this from tb members in the past few pages - are you sure this is actually happening?

The online to LAN stat is so misleading. Optic always played online against higher quality opponents than they played on LAN. And didn't they only play 3 series on LAN total? Of course Maniac's stats are going to look inflated on LAN. With players who went to Worlds you have to factor in that they played against foreign teams that they never played online. It's a cool stat though, makes for good conversation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this guy ever awake?

Not since the major ankle reconstruction surgery... took a lot out of the poor guy :(