CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think 343 had to wait for all the former Allegiance guys to get on teams before they could really announce anything official. It seems like this invitational wouldn't have even taken place had Allegiance not broken up the way they did, so they couldn't really give advanced announcement of something they weren't even aware was going to need to take place.

This has been covered before.  The teams involved knew well before the announcement actually happened.

why is it nV are still struggling? I think ola or mikwen have got to leave that team, because they just don't work well together. they've been together for months and are still struggling with basic strategy. mikwen is far too aggressive and ola is too passive/sneaky, they're both good, but just don't mesh well.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

why is it nV are still struggling? I think ola or mikwen have got to leave that team, because they just don't work well together. they've been together for months and are still struggling with basic strategy. mikwen is far too aggressive and ola is too passive/sneaky, they're both good, but just don't mesh well.

Here is to hoping that DOESN'T happen.  Don't know if you were lurking at the time but @@Mikwen was on here a while ago explaining things/backing up his boy Ola.  You have to have respect for them after that so i hope for their sake and the community's sake they stay together and find success.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Have you seen blops3 that game has wall running, double jumping, slide, thrusting. Has gone so far from the simplicity of old CoDs.

You don't follow CoD at all, do you? 

Black Ops 3 has all of what you listed yet it's considered one of the best in the series, especially competitively.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have you ever visited David Vonderhaar's twitter? The level of interaction he has with the CoD community is amazing; I see him responding to feedback often. He is very transparent about changes being made to the game, and I've seen him straight up ask for feedback before. 343 doesn't seem to be able to even publicly admit their failures. Basically, I wish Treyarch had control of the Halo franchise.

(This isn't to say 343 is horrible, there are far worse developers out there. They are much improved from what they were during The 4 as well).

I'll go back to lurking.

Before you get too excited about Vonderhaar you should know that he made the argument that the UAV scorestreak would be fine in competitive because you had to "earn" it by getting a couple of kills

Although...That game is pretty "hectic"...maybe they need a constant radar in a circular radius around each player

From what I have seen, they mostly struggle with two aspects of the game: coming back in games and closing out games. When they are rolling, they really look dominant and there are flashes of brilliance from this team ,but when they lose control, it seems that they all try to make individual plays. Also, I wouldn't call Ola necessarily passive. I am sure he realized by now that this game caters for aggression, which Mikwen has, but maybe he is too overaggressive at times, but if he can find that balance, I am sure this team will do just fine. I still feel like they should have gone after a slayer as that seems to be their worst gametype by far, but El Town hasn't been too bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here is to hoping that DOESN'T happen.  Don't know if you were lurking at the time but @@Mikwen was on here a while ago explaining things/backing up his boy Ola.  You have to have respect for them after that so i hope for their sake and the community's sake they stay together and find success.

i get that, but this team hasn't been successful AT ALL. Time for both of them to go their separate ways. Ola is sick, he'll find a team. Mikwen is sick he'll find a team. elTown has been putting in work on nV, i don't know much about rayne but he hasn't been playing well in scrims. i am a lurker, but i just don't get why you would stick with a team that has 0 chance of success.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

From what I have seen, they mostly struggle with two aspects of the game: coming back in games and closing out games. When they are rolling, they really look dominant and there are flashes of brilliance from this team ,but when they lose control, it seems that they all try to make individual plays. Also, I wouldn't call Ola necessarily passive. I am sure he realized by now that this game caters for aggression, which Mikwen has, but maybe he is too overaggressive at times, but if he can find that balance, I am sure this team will do just fine. I still feel like they should have gone after a slayer as that seems to be their worst gametype by far, but El Town hasn't been too bad. 

i'm not saying that ola is the problem or mikwen, they just don't work well together, and they never will. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I guess I'm late on watching vision too. When will it be up on youtube?

i'm not saying that ola is the problem or mikwen, they just don't work well together, and they never will. 

I won't make a statement like this until I see them play on Lan and we can see all 4 POV's. It is very easy to  say "this guy is a problem" or " those guys don't seem to work well together" when we only look at the end of scrim scores and assume we know player's playsyles.No one on NV streams consistently, so we don't know if they are just trying to strats every series or just focusing on certain aspects of the game, etc. We can't always assume just because a team loses a scrim it is because they don't work well together. Sometimes, yes, it is true, but it isn't as if NV is getting blown out in all their losses. They competed vs CLG a handful  of games, and a few other they just struggled to close out games.

tl;dr: CLG players consistently call NV is good or will be good with time, so let us just enjoy the ride as spectators :sunglasses:  

You don't follow CoD at all, do you?

Black Ops 3 has all of what you listed yet it's considered one of the best in the series, especially competitively.

Well when you have a franchise 12+ games serie is very easy to be one of the best, though it isn't even top3 CoD. So you are settling with a top4 CoD ??.

Well when you have a franchise 12+ games serie is very easy to be one of the best, though it isn't even top3 CoD. So you are settling with a top4 CoD ??.

:huh::wutface:

• Downvote (-1) 2

i get that, but this team hasn't been successful AT ALL. Time for both of them to go their separate ways. Ola is sick, he'll find a team. Mikwen is sick he'll find a team. elTown has been putting in work on nV, i don't know much about rayne but he hasn't been playing well in scrims. i am a lurker, but i just don't get why you would stick with a team that has 0 chance of success.

They've been a team for maybe a month now. Coming to the conclusion that they have 0 chance of success based on scrims from that month is really jumping the gun.Teams do improve over time you know. Give them more time to improve as a squad and work out their problems. 

Anyways if Ola and Mikwen were to split from each other, its not like they have all these other options to pick from that would put them in a better position either. I can't think of a team that they could put together from current F/As that would be significantly better than their current team. 

• Upvote (+1) 4