CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Both contra and dev have bad attitudes. Contra literally thinks hes gods gift to gaming. I really want to see what happens when reality hits and he finds out hes not.

I know what you mean.  I don't like contra or devonator at all but I really like ryanoob.  Sucks that they're teaming cause i don't wanna pull for them, but I also do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think this is the pro league seeds and discussion thread. Why people try to turn it into a settings/gametypes thread is beyond me.

Take the same approach I do with memes towards setting discussions...simply scroll right on by them and ignore them.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that couldn't care less about gifs/memes. I know the general concensus here is that they add/contribute to the "feel good" vibe of this thread. But they also make it so there is 50 pages of irrelevant stuff to weed through to get to actual things that pertain to HCS stuff. Oh well, just let the thread play it's course.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Both contra and dev have bad attitudes. Contra literally thinks hes gods gift to gaming. I really want to see what happens when reality hits and he finds out hes not.

i mean i agree that he could be a bit more humble but he's arguably a top 10 player in this game so idk what you mean by "when reality hits." contra is super good at this game and he knows it, same thing with cratos. they're confident that if they play well they can't be beat, which is a good mindset to have in competition because it makes you focus on your mistakes individually in order to push yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Statements like this always bug me. I try my best not to nit pick, but this one really caught my attention. How do you know that is what Contra thinks? Did he respond to a question that you asked with, "I think I'm God's gift to gaming."? Or, did you infer it from his behavior when you watched his stream or something? If so, how do you know what he's thinking based off of his actions? There can be literally any number of lines of cognitive reasoning that lead to a certain behavior, and you inferring exactly what another person thinks based on their behavior alone, without asking them anything, is, in my opinion, a horrible way to come to conclusions.

I could, just as easily draw inferences from the behavior you just displayed. I could say you stereotype behavioral preferences, draw horrible conclusions, and think you can read other people's minds. But, I'm not saying that. I just wanted to point out the fallacy here. K back to lurking.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i mean i agree that he could be a bit more humble but he's arguably a top 10 player in this game so idk what you mean by "when reality hits." contra is super good at this game and he knows it, same thing with cratos. they're confident that if they play well they can't be beat, which is a good mindset to have in competition because it makes you focus on your mistakes individually in order to push yourself.

I was mostly talking shit to talk shit. In any case, I was focusing on the fact he doesn't seem to take criticism well and thinks he doesn't make mistakes. I have to disagree with you that its a horrible mindset to have for competing or you're simply looking at it wrong. Again, focusing on the mindset of never doing wrong/never your fault mentality sorta thing. Thinking you're good, thinking you're going to win, having confidence is obviously fine.

There's always something you've could've done better, something you can improve on (hindsight or not). Whether its impactful or important is another question entirely, and theres always a time and place for things. However you should take criticism and be ok with it, not come off with attitude.

Statements like this always bug me. I try my best not to nit pick, but this one really caught my attention. How do you know that is what Contra thinks? Did he respond to a question that you asked with, "I think I'm God's gift to gaming."? Or, did you infer it from his behavior when you watched his stream or something? If so, how do you know what he's thinking based off of his actions? There can be literally any number of lines of cognitive reasoning that lead to a certain behavior, and you inferring exactly what another person thinks based on their behavior alone, without asking them anything, is, in my opinion, a horrible way to come to conclusions.

I could, just as easily draw inferences from the behavior you just displayed. I could say you stereotype behavioral preferences, draw horrible conclusions, and think you can read other people's minds. But, I'm not saying that. I just wanted to point out the fallacy here. K back to lurking.

I don't disagree.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

AGagAoi.gif

I have never seen you post until the other day. Never seen you, never heard of you. 

Thank you for walking into my forum life. Everything you post is  :fire: 

#Wow2016

TL just beat NV so bad in Rig TS that NV ended the game and left.

Sure say this and don't say what the score was  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

saw this in a commercial for the nba playoffs. the rise of esports is unreal. I wish halo was apart of this kind of attention.

http://www.e-league.com/

halo players are not ready for mainstream media. The only team i would feel safe marketing is EG, they are like Dallas cowboys of Halo "Americas Team" the good guys. Maybe RNG. Ninja knows how to handle interviews as well, never seen peng in an interview, have seen commonly, vic x. Now that i think about it Optic probably as well. 3 marketable teams. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't disagree but this but TB and 99% of the posts on this thread are opinion based and not posted with a thought about possible cognitive reasoning (allow me to infer that you took an introduction to psych class). Basically, let the poor man have his opinion about Contra, I'm sure he has his reasons for it as we all do, sometimes good and sometimes bad reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone said something along the lines of "You should play with your teammate you are next to in that situation." He made up an excuse to why he didn't and got pretty moody.

Again. I will give you $50 if you can find where this happened. You won't be able to cause it didn't happen. My rebroadcasts are open to nonsubs. Stop spreading lies

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It was last game of the series and they for sure won. 

Was saving everyone's time.

you're trying to be the undisputed king of ending games early  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

saw this in a commercial for the nba playoffs. the rise of esports is unreal. I wish halo was apart of this kind of attention.

http://www.e-league.com/

yup EL is gonna be  :dank:

OG needs to play their slayers better and rotate better in all gametypes, that will come with practice 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Again. I will give you $50 if you can find where I did this. You won't be able to cause it didn't happen. My rebroadcasts are open to nonsubs. Stop spreading lies

I didn't say you did? Someone one your team did. I don't know peoples voices

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have never seen you post until the other day. Never seen you, never heard of you. 

Thank you for walking into my forum life. Everything you post is  :fire: 

#Wow2016

huehuehue, if only you knew.... :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I didn't say you did? Someone one your team did. I don't know peoples voices

Ahh, I apologize. But with all due respect I would've remembered if that happened. I've been very in tune with how my teammates communicate with each other and I don't remember Devon responding negatively to criticism the entire night.

• Upvote (+1) 1