CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't believe you finished your thought... lol

My point was, if Dignitas is one of only three decent teams in EU, then why did they get swept out of their pool by teams other than Epsilon and Infused?

I didn't know losing a game 5 is considered getting "murdered" by a team

by far the greatest 2nd place team that's every walked this planet losing to the 6th 7th best team is pretty embarrassing to me idk I should've said arguebaly murdered my b
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Elevate (Arkanum, Assault, Str8 Sick, Swift Kill) vs. Final Leftovers (2gre, FiS, Heinz, Cloud) 4/15 Scrim Results:

Truth CTF: 0-2 though Swift Kill lagged out, so game was ended early. Not counted in scrim score. INB4 fanboy salt.

Plaza TS: 50-37

Empire SH: 58-100

Fathom CTF: 3-1

Regret TS: 50-44

Coliseum CTF: 3-1

Eden SH: 100-37 

Truth TS: 50-31

Rig SH: 90-100

Plaza SH: 100-51

Coliseum TS: 45-50

Rig TS: 50-44

Eden TS: 50-33

Truth CTF: 3-2

Elevate wins 10-3. Seems like Str8 Sick, Assault, & Swift Kill are a core three. They ran with Danoxide instead of Arkanum when they scrimmed EG. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

since regionals Liquid was 14-0 or 16-0 vs every team not named denial they played.  they also did swept alg easy at worlds. and won the pool with  no problems. thats what my argument is based on.

Yes, ONLINE

There are countless examples in e-sports of team's who dominate online, that preform entirely different on LAN, yes online has become more prevalent these day's but that does not dismiss the fact that it cannot be used to determine a team's overall capability as there are mitigating factors which cause some players to play at a disadvantage in comparison to others. 

Edit: Denial lost to elevate, does that make elevate a better team,  how about renegades are they better than EG?

I think a better way of working out how good a team was, is to look at the average placings, 

• Downvote (-1) 2

by far the greatest 2nd place team that's every walked this planet losing to the 6th 7th best team is pretty embarrassing to me idk I should've said arguebaly murdered my b

No problem dude!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yes, ONLINE

There are countless examples in e-sports of team's who dominate online, that preform entirely different on LAN, yes online has become more prevalent these day's but that does not dismiss the fact that it cannot be used to determine a team's overall capability as there are mitigating factors which cause some players to play at a disadvantage in comparison to others. 

no on lan actually they were 14-0 or 16-0 literally did not lose to anyone at regional except denial, and only lost to denial at worlds. Granted they did not play RNG clg or eg but they played and beat everyone else. on lan.

Was that 1/10 chance when ALG 4-0'd RNG at X-games?

That one tourney where RNG was together for like a week?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Allegiance got a golden ticket? They wouldn't have beaten Liquid, a team who had failed to place top 4 at a single event?? How can you make these predictions when Renegades who beat EG to play Allegiance, lost to Allegiance the next game, Additionally Elevate who beat Denial earlier in the tournament also lost to Allegiance in the semi finals, it seems like Allegiance did not have a golden bracket but rather the supposed better teams under performed and blew it where as Allegiance kept their composure and earned second place.

My argument is completely relative similar to yours but my point is too illustrate that their is no way, you can possibly predict how one team will fair against the other unless it actually happened, so please refrain from making such claims. Allegiance earned that second place and was not handed it on a silver platter.

Liquid literally 3-0'd Allegiance at the same tournament you are insinuating they had no chance at beating them at. Only lost to Denial who looked by far the best against CLG at both regionals and worlds.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Liquid literally 3-0'd Allegiance at the same tournament you are insinuating they had no chance at beating them at. Only lost to Denial who looked by far the best against CLG at both regionals and worlds.

PEdxDO5.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I care far more about the final ranks being an accurate refliection of teams' skill level than about a mid tier team fluking out a win against a higher ranked one, especially when people's incomes and livelihoods are on the line. Better teams should be paid more, period. Double elim does that. Also, if a team does actually turn up at a LAN then the best way to prove they're not just a fluke is double elim.

I'm not talking specifically about the HWC: we can argue about whether EG deserved to walk home with a (relatively) paltry ~15k each at a tournament with a 2.5 million dollar prize pool (I'd obviously say no), but for future tournaments I don't think fluke wins by middling teams should be favoured over the final standings being much more in line with reality.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's all just opinion. Being able to close games is a huge factor. So if you look at it in that sense Liquid played us better and clutched up vs us. Like I said it is all opinions and what you value more, but it is easy to see why people would say liquid played us the best. Winning games>coming close to winning games. 

Edit: Maybe that is just how we view it though :/ *insert dank meme

yeah, but i like to look at what's more sustainable. RNG played overall more close games than Liquid did, and it didnt feel like they were playing their best to keep it so close.  I think their ceiling is higher than Liquid's at this point

gX7zg9F.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Elevate (Arkanum, Assault, Str8 Sick, Swift Kill) vs. Final Leftovers (2gre, FiS, Heinz, Cloud) 4/15 Scrim Results:

Truth CTF: 0-2 though Swift Kill lagged out, so game was ended early. Not counted in scrim score. INB4 fanboy salt.

Plaza TS: 50-37

Empire SH: 58-100

Fathom CTF: 3-1

Regret TS: 50-44

Coliseum CTF: 3-1

Eden SH: 100-37 

Truth TS: 50-31

Rig SH: 90-100

Plaza SH: 100-51

Coliseum TS: 45-50

Rig TS: 50-44

Eden TS: 50-33

Truth CTF: 3-2

Elevate wins 10-3. Seems like Str8 Sick, Assault, & Swift Kill are a core three. They ran with Danoxide instead of Arkanum when they scrimmed EG. 

time for ogre 2 to hang em up lol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Was that something connection based or is he legitimately cheating there?

It's theater glitch. Ammo counters/reloads and ton of other stuff is still wonky/glitchy in the theater mode.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's theater glitch. Ammo counters/reloads and ton of other stuff is still wonky/glitchy in the theater mode.

Did not know that.  Thanks for the answer.

Would it be possible to get someone to make a "calculated" banner?  Like something Lunchbox related?

Isn't everything he does calculated?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Would it be possible to get someone to make a "calculated" banner?  Like something Lunchbox related?

Isn't everything he does calculated?  :kappa:

that would be  :fire:  

• Upvote (+1) 1

i always wonder how meta some pros get like, do they study other pros strafes? that could be super usefull. pros i run into in arena generally have the same strafe. left right left right jump  right thrust left. you would think if you knew they were going to thrust left the majority of the time you could calculate it and kill them faster. 

time for ogre 2 to hang em up lol

Just like Heinz, FIS, and Cloud, right?  :uncledrew:

Unfortunately, unless 2gre ends up on Denial, I don't think he'll be on a top 8 team this season. Just the way the chips have fallen with teams. 

Does anyone see a make-up of F/As that can outplace at least one of these eight teams?:

Obvious top 8 teams:

CLG

EG

RNG

nV

TL

E6 - Def. top 8, top 4 material. Will be underrated no matter how well they perform. The Cratos effect  :simms:

Optic - Know some people will call me out on this one, but they've been grinding, and Naded top 2  :holmes:

Denial - Contra & Predev can carry a lot of pros to top 8. Only squad that isn't finalized yet, although they ran games with Hysteria/Stellur, Ryanoob/Goofy, 2gre/Heinz, and 2gre/Cloud. 

• Upvote (+1) 1