CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hysteria is good at the game. Cloud just sucks.

Hysteria is still Hysteria however'; so he'll never compete for anything.

I don't get this statement. What do you mean by never compete for anything.

Sometimes can be a result of having the best team (CLG) way ahead of every other team. Players feel like they need to scramble to build better teams on paper, when in reality, sometimes chemistry can be much more important. Then again, I have no idea what im talking about  :ghost:

It also is probably related to prize money. If you weren't placing top 2 at events, you probably weren't making much, if any, profit. Why stay with a top 8 team if you make $400 getting 8th place? 

edit*

Historically in Halo you would compete, earn points, get seeded based on points, compete, rinse, repeat. There was nothing keeping players together. You had 10,000 points regardless of what team you were on (they added the Dream Team clause after the Legendz qualified for the National Championship, but still...). And as Str8 in 2007 showed, you can form a team and win in your first outing together. Halo didn't have the orgs contracting players and providing some sense of stability, and even now you look at players leaving orgs that they are contracted to and then usually you get a little "he said/they said" fight on Twitter, followed by a new team forming regardless. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get this statement. What do you mean by never compete for anything.

His attitude is toxic, therefore he'll never end up on a team good enough to actually compete for wins.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Holy shit. Just played some V7 for the first time in years. Holy shit 30fps. How did we never notice how bad the fps was back in the day. lmao. still fun though

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holy shit. Just played some V7 for the first time in years. Holy shit 30fps. How did we never notice how bad the fps was back in the day. lmao. still fun though

As someone who has been playing PC games for years...

We did.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That team would flop miserably, and I pray for all their sakes that roster doesn't happen.

Editing in a qualifier for this...

UNLESS Ninja were to drastically change his playstyle and play like a selfish, stay-alive kind of power weapon slayer. He has the skill to do it, but his Halo mentality tends to be the exact opposite of what he'd need to do to make that roster succeed.

This game relies a lot on individual skill and ogre2 is just not there.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I wonder who would fall off (and who would get better) if radar was taken out. I really end up thinking about this like once a day. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

NV:

Mikwen

Ola

Hysteria

Heinz

While this team does look good on paper I don't think it would end up working out. It's very similar to the original envy roster which iirc split up because of personal disagreements. Now add Hysteria in there and it doesn't get much better.

Personally I hope Mikwen/Ola end up teaming with two young guns. Maybe Rayne and Penguin/swift kill(depending on whether or not the penayne duo stick together)

• Upvote (+1) 4

So I got some Penguin #intel:

He has said that he has way too many options currently and he is trying to see which of the group of people work best with him. He also said that him and Rayne could still be an option, and he has no problem taking him anywhere. Lastly, he said that pretty much everyone but CLG EG and the new ALG team hit him up, so again, he is just running with pretty much everyone at this point. 

Is the Penguin Rayne Ninja Victory dream still alive?  Hell, I would even settle for Ninja VicX 2gre Penguin

• Upvote (+1) 6

Is the Penguin Rayne Ninja Victory dream still alive?  Hell, I would even settle for Ninja VicX 2gre Penguin

No idea but honestly I don't see that team happening,especially since they haven't even ran games, or maybe they did in smurf tags, who knows anything at this point. 

Would like to see the first setup you listed but for the second drop Ogre2 and replace with Commonly and you have a hopped up RNGv1 with Penguin in place of Spartan.  

I don't even care that he isn't considered Pro, but @@Batchford needs a green title! 

I will get the Green Title when I deserve it.

No point giving me a Green Title when I am not a Pro yet lol

• Upvote (+1) 7

I wonder who would fall off (and who would get better) if radar was taken out. I really end up thinking about this like once a day.

Same man. I think the most prominent are Ogre 2 and Ola. I feel Ola as a sneaky player using his school yard bully tactics (as Audley eloquently put it), are very much diluted with Radar. Believe it or not, I also think Lethul would be a lot better without radar which is scary. As he's very good at being up front and a bolshy fucker for his team. He's got such good map awareness and predicting where the other guys are coming from. That he normally always gets the first shot off. So Tj without radar would be scary indeed....
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

only two events in '05 had less than 50 teams

I only looked at the first few events (which had lower numbers), but even then the entire season averaged 62 teams per event overall with a couple of outliers that had way more than the rest.

Anyways just wanted to correct the notion that there was more competition in 2005-2006 than there was in 2007-2010. That isn't a slight on the early gods of Halo. Pretty obvious that halo would grow more and with that more competition would spring. I was watching Gandhi's history of Halo videos recently and he kept mentioning how lots of people thought Halo 3 was random because no teams were able to dominate consistently like you could in H1/H2. You could argue that the level of competition was higher so teams weren't able to just run train. At the same time the inconsistent placings can be attributed to the lack of a single player being able to dominate in H3 or Reach, much more of a team game than H2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even disregarding how good Ogre 2 is or isn't, you've got 3 players who play focused on the team, and one player who focuses on holding forward and finding targets.

You end up with a situation similar to what Liquid went through after the Ace/Heinz/APG/Unlegit roster first formed, where... power weapons and power-ups can go completely untouched or forgotten about, simply because the players on that team would so used to playing without them.

The players would at least pick them up when they're around them, but their playstyles both usually have them in a position where either they're not in position for them off spawn, or when they do grab them, their experience with the weapons is so much less than the players who ACTIVELY GO FOR THEM, they don't really know what do with them -- because that stuff comes from intuition and experience playing that way, not just "Oh I'm a pro player, I automatically know exactly what to do and where to go with this weapon."

If the trio is Ninja/VictoryX/Ogre 2, they need a selfish fourth that will just go off in the slaying department.

Personally, I'd rather see Ninja/VictoryX or Ninja/Ogre 2 looking for 2, and split up the Cam/Tom duo, because I think they'd both be better apart from one another.

If the roster was Ninja, (Victory X OR Ogre 2), Heinz, +a selfish fourth, then I think it would do great.  Ironically, I think the best player to suit Ninja's playstyle is one who left him (StelluR), for the same reason Neighbor got his best 09/10 H3 placing with ToTz.  StelluR likes to flank and slay selfishly... and when that's your playstyle, having someone who's CONSTANTLY drawing attention to themselves/being shot at gives you the most room to succeed and the least pressure on you as you make your pushes.

Also, I think with Suspector/Penguin/Royal 2/Snipedown spoken for, the pool for established pure slayers is drying up, and teams lower on the chain should look to raw talent to mold if they can't grab StelluR or Mikwen.

+1

We need an Audley/Dave Podcast. I'm telling you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

anything with 2gre and Victory is going to need additional slaying power beyond Ninja

• Upvote (+1) 6

He in hasn't gotten the love he deserves. The dude has made every team he played on better than when he gets dropped. He gets dropped way too often, so underappreciated.

Edit: An hour later I just realized Heinz got corrected to He in. My bad yall

• Upvote (+1) 1

He in hasn't gotten the love he deserves. The dude has made every team he played on better than when he gets dropped. He gets dropped way too often, so underappreciated.

If a guy is getting dropped that often there is a reason for that, oftentimes skill doesnt factor into it.