CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Eh, LANs can come back at any time. Despite the creation of Pro Leagues and League Championship Series and Starladders, fans have made it known in every single esport that what they really want is events (and if those events are international, even better). Evo, the entire Smash culture, events like the Summit, IEM, DH, etc. all attest to this. So even though LANs have been few and far between, if at any time event organizers want to put together a Halo Summit or IEM with Halo or whatever, it can happen. The game must absolutely work on LAN though, before any of that has a chance of happening.

I meant Halo specifically. Other games definitely have healthy LAN tournament scenes, but Halo used to have both regular LAN tournaments as well as an ingrained social LAN culture as well. I used to LAN at least once a month back in the H2/early H3 days...I haven't been to a single Halo LAN in four years.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's an honour to see the birth of a new thread for the first time. Bets on how many pages it will take to go COMPLETELY off topic?  :simms:  :kappa:

Stellurs stream is titled halo  :intel: and he is playing with FlameSword and unlegit !!!!!!!

:intel:  :intel:  :intel:  :intel: Could they be going  to optic???

El Town as well though. So unless el town left ALG i wouldn't look too much into it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope they don't put any of the new maps in HCS :wutface:

If the tourny maps represented what you play in arena, it would be just torque, ripride and more torque
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yay!! Hope TL ends up with a sick roster. (I would consider staying together a sick roster as well!)

Unlegit is already gone but I think Penguin would be just as good if not better

Unlegit is already gone but I think Penguin would be just as good if not better

I know but you never know, with the organizations I always say nothing is official until a team announces it. But yea Penguin would be sick, I think he would really help Ace out with the slaying responsibilities. 

I am surprised the community/Halo hasn't done a Award ceremony type of deal that MLG used to do at the end of seasons. (Best Pistol, Hardest Player to kill, Best Map movement, Best overall player,etc. ) Those were just few categories I thought on the spot. I think it would be cool if we had something like that and had a week or 2 to vote and then bam. 

Thoughts?

Team Beyond did a Pro Choice Awards last year. I reached out to help out this year but I think they've got it covered... I assume/hope something is/was already in the works. If not, I'd love to find out so I can make it happen.

I suspect they'll have something coming out along those lines though, seems like a no brainer for content.

Link: http://teambeyond.net/hcs-halo-2-anniversary-pro-player-awards/

• Upvote (+1) 2

Team Beyond did a Pro Choice Awards last year. I reached out to help out this year but I think they've got it covered... I assume/hope something was already in the works.

We've just been busy with personal stuff, when we did them last year only a handful of players actually voted. Didn't seem to get any traction and didn't get any attention from 343i sadly. We can try it if the community really wants it though.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If the tourny maps represented what you play in arena, it would be just torque, ripride and more torque

Don't forget Overgrowth  :lxthul:

We've just been busy with personal stuff, when we did them last year only a handful of players actually voted. Didn't seem to get any traction and didn't get any attention from 343i sadly. We can try it if the community really wants it though.

Well, I'm sure you guys can handle it, but if you need some additional man power I'd love to help out!

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can try supplementing the pro votes with the community vote a bit. Make a pro vote worth like 10 community votes. Also could try to rope in coaches/analysts. I always thought it was a great thing for giving fans an idea of pro skill levels/playstyles and introduce them to newer players, so it's something I'd love to see continued.

Well, I'm sure you guys can handle it, but if you need some additional man power I'd love to help out!

If you want to try something feel free, you guys have to understand that is a hobby for us (I'm personally working 40+ hours / taking 14 credits right now).

We do this out of our love for competitive Halo and the franchise. Most of the time there aren't days off and we do our best to create content we feel that brings in good response and traffic to the site while also managing it. The awards aren't a priority as of now with that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

All riptide needs is a weapon placement change.

Overgrowth SH is as fine as many other comp gametypes/maps. Better than empire SH

Torque is shit in every mode.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I hope they don't put any of the new maps in HCS  :wutface:

I'd love to see a variant of Torque tested but then again, I have no idea how it would play at top-level.

Hopefully we get some pro league dates soon.

If you want to try something feel free, you guys have to understand that is a hobby for us (I'm personally working 40+ hours / taking 14 credits right now).

We do this out of our love for competitive Halo and the franchise. Most of the time there aren't days off and we do our best to create content we feel that brings in good response and traffic to the site. The awards aren't a priority as of now with that.

Hey man, I'm right there with you. I'm fortunate that I work in the gaming industry as a career, so I have the ability to post and frequent during my work days.

I was never ragging on you guys, or intended to come off in a negative fashion. I didnt mean the "you guys can handle it" statement negatively, simply offering to help out without trying to step on any of your toes if you were already working on it. Myself and most everybody on these forum boards come here for the same passions that you guys started this place with. What you guys do is much appreciated<3 Apologies if my message was not conveyed appropriately.

• Upvote (+1) 2

All riptide needs is a weapon placement change.

Overgrowth SH is as fine as many other comp gametypes/maps. Better than empire SH

Torque is shit in every mode.

Make the pistons static, swap the hammers with snipers and remove a bunch of the barrels and Torque would make a decent assault or CTF map.

• Upvote (+1) 1