CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why no stats from their scrim vs. E6? I know they took a ctf off of them

interesting

i only have scrim series that appeared on http://halo5arena.com/ and i started tracking on the 11th

so either that happened before the 11th or h5arena didn't record it for some reason

I agree with all of this. Watching (listening) to CLG play there is a lot of communication that is understood without being said. Another unique thing to CLG is that Lethul is support and leads while Snakebite can lead and call the shots and they don't step on each other's toes. It is hard to explain. You would think EG would be as good as CLG at this for all their Halo brain power plus Towey but CLG has the magic for sure while EG will fall into screaming "one shot my x" 

That's a good way of putting it. Just from watching Lethul's stream he doesn't call out single enemies unless it's totally necessary. One moment in particular I noticed that stuck out to me was in a game on Truth there was an enemy nearby Frosty and Lethul didn't say anything, as if he expected Frosty to notice him on his radar, and Frosty did end up turning on the opponent and finishing him off. There seems like there's a lot of little moments like that where most would start barking off a call out and Lethul kept it cool and expected his team mate to be aware of his surroundings. Maybe that's the best way I could put it; they all seem to expect everyone to be aware and they don't feel the need to make obvious callouts and communicate more about the general areas the other team is or where they're going.

One thing I notice a lot from Lethul watching his stream is that very often the first thing he does off the spawn is saying where he's going/what he's going to do, and that's something I don't see in other pros streams.

• Upvote (+1) 2

At this point CLG seems like the only team where every member fully understands how to rotate as a team; they move around the map like a wave at times and they do so very naturally because all of them understand rotating and they all seem to have a great feel for how their team mates will move around the map. They also have the most efficient communication I've seen; other teams are yelling callouts whereas CLG rarely just barks callouts inefficiently. They discuss where they're going as much as where they see the enemy and I think that helps them move together. When you compound the fact that they're all crazy individually skilled while also understanding how to communicate and move as a team they're just really far ahead right now.

I think other teams need to cut down on repeating themselves and giving super specific callouts for one enemy and focus more on communicating with one another on where they're going so they can move together as a team.

It really is ridiculous how good their teamwork is. I watch their scrims and drool because I see Lethul or someone get a shot or two on an opposing player but end up dying, and it seems like 99% of the time the assist bar comes up because their teammates finished them off. They don't leave kills on the table.

Have not done one of these in a while so here it is... in the flesh. the one the only.....

WHO HAVE THEY BEAT!?

(Sponsored by bad pizza, but is pizza really ever bad?)

​Ladies and gentlemen we are on the brink of an epidemic, of cataclysmic proportions (i heard that in a zombie western once). Ogre 2 is team less, penguin is on a choir trip, and im arguably ready to argue for the sake of argument. Lets get down to business

OGRE2: sup, big fan of the swamp. not a fan of how you are not on a team. whats going on? why wont any pro roast you like cratos roasts everyone. or do you just not like roast. the world may never know. Is it time to announce the ogre 2 2k16/17 retirement tour. maybe so.

PENGUIN! who knew that baritone darth vader on a sunday in galactic church sounding artic creature had a golden voice? surley his parents did, because they paid for this choir trip before the pengster made it big in the halo world. Leaving RNG out in the dust for Ninja to drink and play darksouls,and hammy to work on his  cooking show. (those sliders looked so righteous btw).

TONIGHT. THE FAMOUS BEYOND WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS CONTINUE.

we have the beyond scrim undefeated untested unrivaled unimoutofunwords CLG facing the "WE TALKING BOUT PRACTICE?!? MAN PRACTICE??" EG.

WILL omg im still typing in blue hold on. ok dang still bold hold on. ok will EG actually play a competitive scrim against CLG?? or will we see another 11-3 yawn fest? WHO knows ill be watching from work with no sound while my loving store has a cheaply made wine dinner for college kids, should be life changing.

THIS has been ..#WhoHaveTheyBeat?! ep:3   :salt:

(obligatory satirical sentence about rent)

edit: cant live with myself any longer...i had to look up the world obligatory to make sure it was the right word...wow. feels good to get that off my chest.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 6

When you haven't been on a halo forum since '10, but you've been low key lurking because you couldn't remember your beyond password and email, and you see someone discussing mackeo *insert Jordan crying face meme*

• Upvote (+1) 8

I think the forced upon sexually debate win's that, Just my personal opinion although it could be the 3/4 worst 

Edit: does anyone know who started the life changing debate the first time?

My post, post #45033 started that bullshit in the HWC thread.

It wasn't over the wining prize money though. My browser is fucking up, but I'll do what I can.

@TheSimms: "Looking at it hypothetically and using infused as an example, if they make it out of groups including UK and EU finals the lads will have bagged a minimum of $98,000 in the space of 3 months giving them roughly at a guess £17,500 each. (split evenly by 4 players with no deductions)

This makes me happy as hell, what a life changing lump sum of money for playing Halo.

I'll be so happy if any EU roster does well COME ON BOYS!"

Then I say "Let's be real.... is that really a "life changing" amount of money? The obvious answer is no."

That was it. In retrospect, I shouldn't have said it, but it was taken and applied to the HWC Prize Pool as some sort of dank memery... and here we are today. I regret everything.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This list is only players I tracked. I didnt track the Sudds last season. When I asked the community and a few pros, they said not to.

Oh i'm not complaining, I just thought it was funny.

It wasn't over the wining prize money though. My browser is fucking up, but I'll do what I can.

@TheSimms: "Looking at it hypothetically and using infused as an example, if they make it out of groups including UK and EU finals the lads will have bagged a minimum of $98,000 in the space of 3 months giving them roughly at a guess £17,500 each. (split evenly by 4 players with no deductions)

This makes me happy as hell, what a life changing lump sum of money for playing Halo.

Then I say "Let's be real.... is that really a "life changing" amount of money? The obvious answer is no."

That was it. In retrospect, I shouldn't have said it, but it was taken and applied to the HWC Prize Pool as some sort of dank memery... and here we are today. I regret everything.

You're like the creator of 50% of the dankness contained within this thread. How does it feel? What are you going to do next??

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think you need a hug man. It's not your fault.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait, Penguin is legitimately part of his high school choir?

That's honestly fucking dope.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Won't be around tonight (probably for the good):

CLG vs EG scrim predictions: 11-2 or 10-3 CLG. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have not done one of these in a while so here it is... in the flesh. the one the only.....

WHO HAVE THEY BEAT!?

(Sponsored by bad pizza, but is pizza really ever bad?)

​Ladies and gentlemen we are on the brink of an epidemic, of cataclysmic proportions (i heard that in a zombie western once). Ogre 2 is team less, penguin is on a choir trip, and im arguably ready to argue for the sake of argument. Lets get down to business

OGRE2: sup, big fan of the swamp. not a fan of how you are not on a team. whats going on? why wont any pro roast you like cratos roasts everyone. or do you just not like roast. the world may never know. Is it time to announce the ogre 2 2k16/17 retirement tour. maybe so.

PENGUIN! who knew that baritone darth vader on a sunday in galactic church sounding artic creature had a golden voice? surley his parents did, because they paid for this choir trip before the pengster made it big in the halo world. Leaving RNG out in the dust for Ninja to drink and play darksouls,and hammy to work on his  cooking show. (those sliders looked so righteous btw).

TONIGHT. THE FAMOUS BEYOND WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS CONTINUE.

we have the beyond scrim undefeated untested unrivaled unimoutofunwords CLG facing the "WE TALKING BOUT PRACTICE?!? MAN PRACTICE??" EG.

WILL omg im still typing in blue hold on. ok dang still bold hold on. ok will EG actually play a competitive scrim against CLG?? or will we see another 11-3 yawn fest? WHO knows ill be watching from work with no sound while my loving store has a cheaply made wine dinner for college kids, should be life changing.

THIS has been ..#WhoHaveTheyBeat?!  :salt:

(obligatory satirical sentence about rent)

every time you post these i have no idea what's going on

seems like you're trying too hard tbh but i appreciate your enthusiasm

• Upvote (+1) 6

Guys, it's all about the implication....

Conversational implicature can get lost online.  

That's what memes are for. 

every time you post these i have no idea what's going on

seems like you're trying too hard tbh but i appreciate your enthusiasm

Define-satire.PNG

no one was doing it so i thought why not me! i have 0 shame and 0 fear thanks for the support!

• Upvote (+1) 2

when you're catching up on the thread trying to avoid the "life-changing" debate

Your sense of humor...I like it. Your gif game has been on point sir. Btw, I set up this camera. Here you are getting home from the forums :simms:

87191-family-guy-tooth-fairy-upvote-i6oh

• Upvote (+1) 8

Define-satire.PNG

no one was doing it so i thought why not me! i have 0 shame and 0 fear thanks for the support!

if i can't tell your post is satire then you're not doing a very good job at it :/

like i said i appreciate the enthusiasm i just think posts like these are pretty pointless and not very funny  :intensifies:

BUT I LOVE YOU ALL THE SAME NO HATE JUST FEEDBACK <3

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think we as a group should consider No-Meme-Mondays. If you object to this, just go ahead and +rep me so we can get a gauge on opinions.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

when you're catching up on the thread trying to avoid the "life-changing" debate

giphy.gif

The quality of these  gifs..... have my upvote.

• Upvote (+1) 1