CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They actually have not lost Fathom CTF since the very first scrim after Lethul joined (vs. RNG when they were trying out Mikwen). After that, not in scrims, not for TeamBeyond tourneys, not for OQ5, not at X-Games, not at Regionals, not at Worlds.

Didn't they lose empire sh and fathom flag against denial at regionals?

this is easily the most accurate description of OpTic I've ever read  :lxthul:

Every time Maniac says something about a rap battle video, I cringe. Like, is that a thing now?

People watching obscure people rap battle on youtube? To me, it sounds like you're just some rap hipster.

Old guy who hasn't listened to rap music since I was in middle school and BIG & Tupac were alive

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every time Maniac says something about a rap battle video, I cringe. Like, is that a thing now?

People watching obscure people rap battle on youtube? To me, it sounds like you're just some rap hipster.

Old guy who hasn't listened to rap music since I was in middle school and BIG & Tupac were alive

rap battles are actually a huge thing. They have been for a little while now. I personally don't enjoy watching them because I honestly don't think they are that great. There are many battles on youtube where you just cringe the entire time.

Is the EG vs CLG scrim tonight confirmed? If yes, do we know what time?

I believe the time mentioned in the chat last night was 9 pm Central/10 pm Eastern.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys the CLG v EG scrim is today HYPUUUU!!!!!!

If EG loses badly, whats the point of watching the finals of tournaments, the players on CLG can't be that much more skilled than everyone else so why is the gap so wide when it comes to teams being competitive against them......do they have the Cheat Code or should we just chalk it up to them be that much more smarter.

Either way, finals will be anticlimactic.

Rap Battles used to be a big thing back in the H2/Beginning of H3 days at events.

Reminds me Wilmer's "Yo Momma" show way back aha

rap battles are actually a huge thing. They have been for a little while now. I personally don't enjoy watching them because I honestly don't think they are that great. There are many battles on youtube where you just cringe the entire time.

lol, I'll never understand you youngins

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ace spreading rape culture  :kappa:

Edit: inb4 someone takes this seriously

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol, I'll never understand you youngins

I'm 21 so I've taken part in everything from the 90s 00s and now 10s. Things are definitely much different nowadays lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea most are trash.  But if you look at the bigger match ups between the more well known guys from URL or Grindtime(idk if they are still a thing.  I know URL is pretty popular on the battle circuits currently.) You'll see some good battles with some ok punches and set ups. Not too into it myself, but its not all bad.

If EG loses badly, whats the point of watching the finals of tournaments, the players on CLG can't be that much more skilled than everyone else so why is the gap so wide when it comes to teams being competitive against them......do they have the Cheat Code or should we just chalk it up to them be that much more smarter.

You act like the finals are next week.

@@Tashi, you know what would be super cool for crowd funding next year? Some site that has a rolling counter showing what the total is so that when a person purchases a req pack (or 100) they can quickly pull the site up and see the change they made. Or for people who just like to be in the loop they can open it up and check in real time. 

Would eliminate skepticism and become more open. You could always put a cap on it and say anything after this point is going towards X (whatever X may be).

I'm just disappointed that crowdfunding is being suspended until a certain point (presumably when the team skins release).

We had about what, 4.5 months to Crowd Fund HWC? Obviously H5 won't have as many REQ Sales now compared to it did in that period, but if crowdfunding began immediately after the first HWC we would have essentially and entire years worth of crowdfunding.

I thoroughly doubt this is a decision made by the HCS Team, Microsoft probably has some sort of pull in terms of micro-transaction income, because its a colossal missed opportunity. I've wanted to buy the new Mythic REQ Pack and knowing that the funds would contribute to HWC would push me over the edge to splurge.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No cheat codes, they are just very skilled, very well organized, and have good chemistry. Think 2016' Warriors or 95' Bulls. They obviously don't have cheat codes and yet they also won 87% or more of their games. All three of those teams had/have really good players who play really well together.

Also, how do sports references fly on this forum still learning?

r5H5TtA.gif

Battle rap has been around forever, and the modern platforms have been around almost as long as Halo.

I divide a sizable amount of my free time between following Halo and Battle Rap. 

edit: Here are some gateway battles for anyone willing to give it a shot:

Conceited vs Illmaculate

Dizaster vs Canibus

Murda Mook vs Serius Jones

Arsonal vs Shotty Horrah

Serius Jones vs Jin

Conceited vs Tsu Surf

Loaded Lux vs Calicoe

This is a pretty wide scope of styles and taste, but you should find something you like. The best part about Battle Rap is the Drama, just like Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

No cheat codes, they are just very skilled, very well organized, and have good chemistry. Think 2016' Warriors or 95' Bulls. They obviously don't have cheat codes and yet they also won 87% or more of their games. All three of those teams had/have really good players who play really well together.

is 2016 warrior's K/D or his damage? If it's K/D both are great, if its damage Bulls suck.

Remember these are just scrims. CLG look far more beatable at events than they do in their scrims. They've already been beaten by EG in a series, lost several games against Denial, and nearly lost to Epsilon. You only need to take three/four games from them at a tournament which I think can be done if a team like EG/RNG/Liquid comes out on fire against them. 

I think the only way to beat CLG is by outpracticing them. Make a rigid schedule, minimum 8 hours a day, at least 1 hour of replay analysis, 1 hour of communication improvement, 4 hour scrims, 2 hour of solo queue or individual improvement, 6 days a week, they should treat it like a job.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Yes because a team's online performance always directly correlates  to their LAN performance, that is why allegiance won X-Games and Regionals.

e5dbbcc3a319e75bab27646c5c2533ed.jpg

Remember these are just scrims. CLG look far more beatable at events than they do in their scrims. They've already been beaten by EG in a series, lost several games against Denial, and nearly lost to Epsilon. You only need to take three/four games from them at a tournament which I think can be done if a team like EG/RNG/Liquid comes out on fire against them. 

CLG = online kids confirmed.

:kappa:

So basically, Royal 2 is Steph curry who drops absolutely ridiculous numbers. He breaks the game.

Snakebite is Clay and Draymond in 1 package. The other  splash brother who drops bombs while orchestrating all the plays on the floor.

Frosty is Bogut holding down rim doing the dirty work.

Lehul is the barnes/igdalua  getting the sixth man of the year, the support of all support players. I mean just look at his LR plays on the start of Eden stongholds. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is the EG vs CLG scrim tonight confirmed? If yes, do we know what time?

I remember a discussion between EG members about when they could be on today. All I remember is Roy saying he could be on anytime. 

Are we sure that Snipedown said they were scrimming CLG?