CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You guys actually expect an ESPN article to be accurate? They've been wrong in real sports for the last 10 years, of course they're gonna fuck up eSports.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Like why even put that line in there, and the wording makes it seem like they were dropped which they weren't.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People need to stop freaking out and attacking ESPN for that article and instead be thankful we are atleast getting the exposure. Since when do people expect journalism to be accurate? Lol

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I just feel bad for Sparty, I know he suffers from depression. Can't be good for him to see that.

I'd wager Spartan has never seen Jacob Wolf and his life and never will.

Wolf's a League of Legends writer.

damnit Audley, can I just get these memes off?

:kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 3

People need to stop freaking out and attacking ESPN for that article and instead be thankful we are atleast getting the exposure. Since when do people expect journalism to be accurate? Lol

Is this comment real or am I dreaming

instead be thankful we are atleast getting the exposure

what

no dude. Bad journalism is bad journalism

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm a Leafs fan. There are a fuckton of awful journalists who have no idea what they're talking about (Feschuk....) when it comes to the Leafs. The players just ignore it because when you have millions of fans, some of whom are journalists, some of them are bound to have stupid, unfounded opinions. 

As esports grow the same thing is going to happen. I get that it's weird to see a dude who clearly doesn't know much about Halo say stupid shit, but that just kind of seems like it comes with the job of being one of the best players in the world. And I mean, it's going to get worse as more people watch Halo and think they know what they're talking about.

I don't think the journalist in question had it out for Spartan or was intentionally being an uninformed dick, so at worst the response should be a dialogue between the two parties (and whomever else) to educate, not to fire back with more ad hominems. I'd rather not drive away coverage of competitive Halo if the alternative is to build a bridge and educate whoever is writing about it so they can do better in the future.

yall can neg rep me all you want but i told you this was going to happen in the whole "braindead" saga. ESPN wrote a bogus article and every pro player is lashing out cursing this  dude out based on an opinion he made. THIS is mainstream media, he wrote an article and its gettting lots of clicks and lots of attention that is his job. There will be more aritcles like this, and these pros have to understand this. Does lebron freak out after every bad article written about him? no. he uses it as fuel. Like these guys should as well.

I UNDERSTAND

This ESPN writer was wrong and misinformed, maybe this article will be fixed maybe not, but with yahoo and espn in the picture expect more articles like this to come out. Articles that fuel the fire or tell a better story.

Doesn't mean it should be accepted. People have every reason to complain.