CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But is it life changing ? :kappa:

It shouldn't be life changing. Rookies in MLB, NFL, etc. don't even make life changing amounts of money. There is no way a Halo pro league will. Yet.

@@Mythology thanks for posting the Vicx killtac. He played so well last night but it was weird because he seemed exhausted and very down on himself after every small slip-up he had. If I would have been only listening to his stream I would think he was getting owed the whole time, while he was actually at the top of his team most of those games. I think that's why I missed this killtac, because I was doing my grandmom's taxes and typically a play that sick would be followed by a Naded-esque scream on another stream, but Vicx was so nonchalant about it. What a beast.

With age a lot of players have mellowed out. Ryanoob has become chill compared to how he used to be, Ninja used to do that as well. Naded is an outlier in his own.

@@Mythology thanks for posting the Vicx killtac.  He played so well last night but it was weird because he seemed exhausted and very down on himself after every small slip-up he had.  If I would have been only listening to his stream I would think he was getting owed the whole time, while he was actually at the top of his team most of those games.  I think that's why I missed this killtac, because I was doing my grandmom's taxes and typically a play that sick would be followed by a Naded-esque scream on another stream, but Vicx was so nonchalant about it.  What a beast.

+rep for doing grandma's taxes. respect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I posted the clg vs rng scrim on the r/halo sub to see if we could get some of the hype to rub off on them (I know that sub is notoriously casual/not interested in competitive halo but its worth a shot).

upvote if you'd like, who knows, maybe it'll get some traction. link

• Upvote (+1) 1

He usually doesn't stream scrims, so probably never count on getting his POV for VODs.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I went with Lethul's PoV since I put up a scrim from Frosty's last week. 

edit: fk, double post. my bad please don't hurt me.

i found that account when i was making my own fantasy HCS twitter, good luck with your project i hope it turns out awesome  :smiley:

Thanks man! I am hoping to get as much community involvement as possible. I love competitive Halo, but am such a shy nerd aha. So hopefully this will force me to be more involved with the community i love.  :beyond: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It would surely be his first event win but with an asterisk, considering there's no CLG. I don't know if any of those teams have what it takes to beat EG. Then again I haven't watched EG scrims lately so I don't think I can judge.

There are no scrims to watch because they haven't been scrimming much....

I hope they have come up with some other practice strategy that they are trying on smurf tags or something and not getting complacent.  On that note,  I do hope that the Arena playlist gets morphed to be only HCS gametypes with proper weightings.  Then teams can do Film > Walkthrough > Practice > Scrims separately instead of having Practice = Scrims.

Hey all, figured I would share this here. This is something i've been working on for the last week or so and am hoping to have it complete for the start of the pro league. When I am closer to completing the site, I'll make a thread and have a discussion about feedback, ideas, etc. Just wanted to share this with you all though.

Tweeted this 2 days ago, but forgot to post it here. :wutface:

Can't wait for the pro league! :weback:

Let me know if you ever need anything. If you could somehow find a way to work pancakes into the business plan, you'd have my three favorite things: Fantasy Sports, Halo, and pancakes.

• Upvote (+1) 7

OT but CSGO man. LG, a Brazilian team, and the winners of the most recent major, just got eliminated in pool play by a Chinese team. Halo needs international competition like this.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That feel when Optic is grinding more than EG...

CK7pRO9XAAAgSdl.png

That is sad, but Optic is grinding perhaps more than anyone......Granted they should have been all along.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That feel when Optic is grinding more than EG...

CK7pRO9XAAAgSdl.png

I think EG realized they're old and washed just like their buddy 2gre. It's time to get the walkers out boys. Retirement is coming  :kappa:

(Snipedowns stream was sick though.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

In that graphic with CLG vs RNG. The spartan kills. Is that Spartan Charge, and Ground Pound?

@@Pregnant Goku haha thanks.  I'm in public accounting, which means that I rarely ever work on taxes, but everyone in my family thinks that's my job so they ask me to do them.  I just look at it as practice and it saves them $200.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In that graphic with CLG vs RNG. The spartan kills. Is that Spartan Charge, and Ground Pound?

IIRC melee kills are included in spartan kills, so that's the majority of them. But yes, spartan charge and ground pound would be included also. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

IIRC melee kills are included in spartan kills, so that's the majority of them. But yes, spartan charge and ground pound would be included also. 

My overall tool of destruction  :simms: #scrublife

I have cought up! Finally! After being behind since like page 60, I am now up to date. :D It required me being sick to have the time to read, but it was worth it! :P Long live Halo! :D

• Upvote (+1) 8

It shouldn't be life changing. Rookies in MLB, NFL, etc. don't even make life changing amounts of money. There is no way a Halo pro league will. Yet.

NFL's league minimum is $450k, MLB is $500k, NBA is $525k.... Your definition of life changing seems different than mine.... Thus the amount of money that is considered "life changing" is completely subjective on the life of the individual who is receiving the money..... The average salary in the US is $51k so on average those amounts would be life changing..... Wasn't this an argument earlier in the previous HWC thread?

• Upvote (+1) 1