CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Naded to optic makes sense, got the big HWC paycheck, now he is about to double up on his streaming/youtube monies. He has said he wants to move out of his parents but the housing market is ******** in cali.

I agree Naded could be huge with the optic brand. It would be the best career decision for him imo. They may not win many events (I would expect consistent top 8) but he would more than makeup that money with youtube and streaming anyways.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

lethul is like 22 (not a young gun) and everyone else is like 17-18-19

young enough for me considering my favorite pros are late 20s and were born in the mid to late 80s

i didn't watch h3 because h3 was garbo, same goes for reach and h4

H3 was garbo?  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

With 2gre, CLG was one of three or so elite teams that had a 33‰ chance of winning worlds. With lethul there's a legit argument that they're the best Halo team ever assembled.

This may be the boldest and possibly most obscene thing I've ever seen posted. I do think this CLG team is amazing, don't get me wrong, but right now there is not a legit argument that they are the best halo team ever assembled.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What were you doing since 2008, just bashing halo on the forums, Jesus Christ man that sounds like 8 long years.

• Upvote (+1) 9

big time

going from h2 to h3 was awful, h3 was slow and the aiming was awful, it was just a big mess 

I did end up loving Halo 3. I had a lot of fun playing it with my friends. I had a ton of fun watching H3 MLG. However - H3 being "garbo" was definitely the predominant feeling within the community at the time. Moving from H2 to H3 was jarring, to say the least. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

What were you doing since 2008, just bashing halo on the forums, Jesus Christ man that sounds like 8 long years.

You could probably say that for a lot of people about that here :P

Disliked Halo since CE/H2 but continued to stick around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I did end up loving Halo 3. I had a lot of fun playing it with my friends. I had a ton of fun watching H3 MLG. However - H3 being "garbo" was definitely the predominant feeling within the community at the time. Moving from H2 to H3 was jarring, to say the least. 

it's unfair of me to say it's "garbo" because it's clearly one of the most popular competitive halos of all time (and a lot of peoples first halo)

i'm glad you understand my POV, back in the day going straight from h2 to h3 was painful

pretty much lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

This may be the boldest and possibly most obscene thing I've ever seen posted. I do think this CLG team is amazing, don't get me wrong, but right now there is not a legit argument that they are the best halo team ever assembled.

Reminds me of MLG back in H3/Reach when a team would win a tournament and immediately be labeled as a 'dynasty'. The league was so desperate for another H2 Final Boss team that they just constantly grasped for straws.

CLG winning HWC does not make them the greatest team ever assembled. It made them the best team at HWC.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Except for maybe that they're currently the best team in the game when people have had the longest to refine and get good at Halo. You might be able to argue that they wouldn't be as good in other Halos but that's pretty flimsy at best outside of maybe frosty or CE since its so different. The current best Halo team is always likely the best overall team to exist imo as long as the majority of the good players are actually playing (H4 doesn't count). Its just a bit weird with H5 since its so different. When I say best though I mean would win a series not some FB dynasty type of shit. Teams don't usually stay that good for that long relative to their competition.

big time

going from h2 to h3 was awful, h3 was slow and the aiming was awful, it was just a big mess 

adpt fgt  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

The holiday weekend is over, intel should flow right about...now.

Now.

Nnnnnow.

2.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not sure if they have room in the Optic House for Brett to move out.

He doesn't need to live in the Optic mansion to compete with the team. Formal doesn't live there and he's been on the cod team for over a year. Assault and Ace never lived in the house when they were on the Halo team (I believe they visited at times). 

big time

I can understand your point of view. The transition between H2 to H3 was pretty rough and it took me awhile to completely dive into H3 when it was launched because the game out of the box was shit to me. I stuck with Halo 2 for literally the first 4 months after H3 was released. Adapting to the aiming was definitely the most annoying thing to deal with, but I managed and grown to like it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

FB with Saiyan was winning when there were like 14 MLG events per year and the competition was mediocre ... I dunno man.  OG2 winning the final H3 + Reach national championships is honestly more impressive to me because there were a ridiculous amount of good teams then.

6edkXQU.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I can understand your point of view. The transition between H2 to H3 was pretty rough and it took me awhile to completely dive in to H3 when it was launched because the game out of the box was shit to me. I stuck with Halo 2 for literally the first 4 months after H3 was released. Adapting to the aiming was definitely the most annoying thing to deal with, but I managed and grown to like it.

To be fair, it also took quite a bit of tweaking with movement speed, jump height, damage percentage, shield strength, etc. until the game became playable at a competitive level.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Can´t take this anymore. Wake me when its over.

980x.gif

Well, fuck me. Four hours, then I am here again. The hibernation plan didn´t work. Seriously, I need help.

And of course, no intel. And also, Heinz seems to have been evaporated. No tweets, no stream. And he used to be active here. gah.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know things are slow when even Lethul isn't (or doesn't know) giving any  :intel:

Based Lethul pls  save us and shed some light.

• Upvote (+1) 2