CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

:( just started a new job. Night shift. I'm gonna a miss the RNG vs CLG scrim.

Reddit.com/r/prohalovods

I'll have it up tomorrow morning sometime

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hi everyone,

quick intro, because most of you probably don't know me (and why would you :) ). My name is Timo and I am the Product Manager for Halo at ESL. Been working on HCS Season 1 and 2, much of what was going on with the World Championship, and more. So...hi!

Without being able to go into details, I just wanted to briefly clarify that not only Top 4 from a season of HCS Pro League are going to be making money. We'll be able to give more insight in the near future. 

Thanks,

Timo

:( just started a new job. Night shift. I'm gonna a miss the RNG vs CLG scrim.

Just quit and sell memes  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I definitely agree with what Cratos was insinuating. The finals should definitely have all 8 teams IMO. Or at least 6 (assuming 8 team league). The league would be fighting for seeding.

Hi everyone,

quick intro, because most of you probably don't know me (and why would you :) ). My name is Timo and I am the Product Manager for Halo at ESL. Been working on HCS Season 1 and 2, much of what was going on with the World Championship, and more. So...hi!

Without being able to go into details, I just wanted to briefly clarify that not only Top 4 from a season of HCS Pro League are going to be making money. We'll be able to give more insight in the near future. 

Thanks,

Timo

:intel:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Timo

Not only am I excited to see the ESL guys on here, this is also INCREDIBLE news and I'm very excited for what you have to share in the future.

Also, as always, WELCOME!  :prayers:  :fire:

Well there goes my thunder...

we still <3 you

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm so grateful for the Beyond forums. Could you imagine us trying to run a thread like this out of Halo Waypoint? I'm also not perma'd like I was on THC :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7

The amount of attention  :beyond:  is getting has me speechless.  :tear:

Big shout out to all the staff at TB for whom without I'm really not sure Halo would be what it is today.  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Timo

welcome. Now that you are on our radar ( :kappa: )...

Q7WlCa7.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

1. Does crowd funding help pay for the venue the Lan is held at? If it does then shouldn't the prize pool be untouched allowing for the top 8 teams to be easily paid , if not then I think both pros and fans would be okay with a percentage going towards it the venue. This allows for the prize pool to go untouched and the remainder of money crowd funded could go into the pool allowing for payouts to the top 8 , meaning more halo for the fans... Idk just a thought

2. Is there a reason crowd funding is only for HWC and not the seasons ? Even if it's small percentage I feel it could greatly benefit the scene.

3. Why do orgs get a percentage of a teams winnings ? I generally do not understand this. The only exception to this is if you live in the team house or making a really good salary per month or base salary throughout the year other than that I don't understand why player a who competes should pay the organization they are "signed" to. Maybe that's the reason because it is such a high turnover rate of team switches. I understand that these orgs pay for travel and accessories if necessary but still they are getting free advertisement. Can anyone explain this to me because no other competition does this ....

Sorry for super long post only ever posted like 3 times and want to be more active !

So, when you guys like things, all me. When things are bad, blame @@Timo   

deal?

I am used to getting blamed. Big whoop. 

I know this is left field but I always wondered how'd Hyena & tranQ would of done if they moved to America to compete. As they've got awesome shooting skills, but never had the environment to succeed, as is in America. Here's two videos of SnipeDown getting the sharp end of a pointy stick. First from Hyena, then tranQ. http://youtu.be/Pga54afzPt8 http://youtu.be/MXl7em4ilkw

TranQ is a good player and such. But he wasn't able to break into the top tier of European teams so I don't see how he would be able to do it in the US.

Hyena isn't a competitive player / never tried to be one to my knowledge, unlike TranQ. A video of him flanking 20 times in a game doesn't show he can play at a high level. For all we know he was leaving his team hanging by just running around the map and coming behind the other team.

Not only am I excited to see the ESL guys on here, this is also INCREDIBLE news and I'm very excited for what you have to share in the future.

Also, as always, WELCOME! :prayers::fire:

we still <3 you

It's like they are listening?! What a time to be alive!

• Upvote (+1) 1

TranQ is a good player and such. But he wasn't able to break into the top tier of European teams so I don't see how he would be able to do it in the US.

Hyena isn't a competitive player / never tried to be one to my knowledge, unlike TranQ. A video of him flanking 20 times in a game doesn't show he can play at a high level. For all we know he was leaving his team hanging by just running around the map and coming behind the other team.

TranQ only ever played Halo 3 from my knowledge, and Hyena has always been a montage kid. But the skill is there... I was just hypothesising how'd they do living in America during peak Halo 3. And SnipeDown is still a Halo 3 God so... Ja

I definitely agree with what Cratos was insinuating. The finals should definitely have all 8 teams IMO. Or at least 6 (assuming 8 team league). The league would be fighting for seeding.

That's where it gets tough because they have the challenger league (assuming it's like cod) where the bottom 2-4 teams relegation against the top challenger league teams instead of playing at the finals. But I agree at least 8 teams at the final cause anything less isn't really much of a tournament, more like just a couple of series