CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Team Allegiance was bad last season online? I think you guys did good when it really came down to it.

e0cd3090510d80ad99bd7bd5b6cd0faf.png

there wasn't any competition when qualifiers were happening pre worlds dif story. also in scrims wed get destroyed even pre regionals by top 8 teams

there wasn't any competition when qualifiers were happening pre worlds dif story. also in scrims wed get destroyed even pre regionals by top 8 teams

Plus...they had breakout. Teams were different, gametypes were different.

Teams are only going to have about 1-2 months after finalizing rosters to get practice for pro league.... Not enough time at all once again. CLG will win because they are the only team with proper practice time.

How did you just read all of our collective thoughts? 

epZiZsU.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Juicy  :intel:  from the mouth of the GOAT... supposed to be running games with Contra Devon and Heinz... I would love to see this team

I might have to root for Denial again?

apgface.jpg

Maybe they could get picked up by Allegiance or even TSM?  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

You guys...these are scrims. Practice. You are putting to much weight on scrims.

I disagree, if these teams are out here trying to win and improve, judging them based on their performance justifies ranking them based on scrims.

I disagree, if these teams are out here trying to win and improve, judging them based on their performance justifies ranking them based on scrims.

Scrims are where teams practice strats and new things. You don't do that in a tournament. They are completely different.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i honestly cannot remember the last time this community was so hyped for an online scrim lol

Hard to say a scrim has ever been this hyped. Most of us just want to see top tier Halo. A slug fest. While sure lopsided scrims are nice to see such domination, the thrill of close matches is what we want!

I miss The Lan Network so much.

I've been watching re-broadcasts from Halo 3's final season, and I love how the announcers know before hand each team's record for a certain gametype they played x times at the 6 team LAN. That shit was awesome.

Online scrims are fun to watch, but damn TLN was the bees knees.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It seems to me like two teams trying as hard as they can during an online scrim/tournament yields a similar result to two teams trying as hard as they can during a LAN event. It's when a team isn't trying very hard during a scrim where the result becomes unrealistic. That seemed to be the case with ALG and Denial pre worlds, but that's just my observation and I could be totally wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Teams are only going to have about 1-2 months after finalizing rosters to get practice for pro league.... Not enough time at all once again. CLG will win because they are the only team with proper practice time.

CLG Won't lose until you get tired of winning then leave to form a team to take them down. Like you said, "No one is good at forming giant slayer teams now."

I know you can't make scrims the end all be all in terms of how you feel a team will perform in a tournament, but if teams are out there not taking scrims seriously, they are never going to get better.

It's the same in "real" sports.

Perfect practice makes perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

halo is like the only scene that looks so much into scrims haha. online is fake in this game thats why only 4 team get to play for cash is beyond dumb my team last season and denial were the worst pro teams online and on lan the lowest we placed was 3rd but online we wouldve gotten 7th or 8th.

What's the connection between the payout and online and lan? Since online is fake everyone should get a cut?

Scrims are where teams practice strats and new things. You don't do that in a tournament. They are completely different.

what does that have to do with ranking teams based on scrims?....or was that your subtle way of saying teams could careless who wins scrims and if that's the case why is this CLG vs RNG scrim so hyped up?