CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah wouldn't be surprised to see CLG try a bit harder during this scrim just to prove a point.  

I'd be happy to see RNG with 3-4 wins.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we'really going to see a slaughter tonight, honestly. CLG knows how important this scrim is, and they will seriously try theor hardest to demoralize RNG. Plus they lost quite a few games last night, so I'm sure they'll be coming into tonight knowing how to improve from their mistakes against Liquid. My money's on a blowout.

IMO a blowout would be an 11-2 or 10-3. RNG was taking 3-4 games off CLG before Worlds when they scrimmed.

i'll be casting the RNG vs CLG scrims for anyone interested, i get unnaturally hyped up. Going to be practicing some different casting techniques some current halo castors have bestowed upon me. 

face cam will be active.. :wutface:  

#overhypeascrim

#GiveMeSomeFin

Im know im wrong but i fully expect for this scrim NOT to happen.

eh, for the most part, even though shooter wasn't even at worlds

Say you gave a player points for his placing. 2 points for 2nd, 4 for 4th, 8 for 8th, and i just gave shooter 16(not sure why).

Both teams would have 26 points.

Cratos, Bubu Dubu, and Huke all finished 2nd and 3/4th once each.  Shooter 3rd in his pool at Regionals (9-12th)

Roy, Snipedown, and Lunchbox finished 3/4th and 5-8th, Suspector finished 2nd and 3/4th.

Granted, Shooter wasn't at Worlds, so it makes it so there's a missing unit of data... but given the average placing of Cratos/Bubu/Huke is higher than EG's, I think it's fair to seed them as 1st.

And then nV/Optic definitely belong at 3/4th since each of them had 2 players not at Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I like these scheduled scrims. Gives people the chance to build up hype and we (hopefully) won't have to watch someone sit in a lobby for 2 hours stressing to find a scrim.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The biggest difference between CLG and RNG is in discipline, the players on RNG seem instinctively inclined to chase kills which makes them more susceptible to being killed.

That being said, Win or Lose, CLG would still the better team in my opinion, if RNG wins or lose 5-8 or 6-7, they would be 2nd best team, if they were to lose 4-9 or worse, EG is the 2nd best team.

The reasoning behind this is Discipline and consistency

• Upvote (+1) 2

Juicy  :intel:  from the mouth of the GOAT... supposed to be running games with Contra Devon and Heinz... I would love to see this team

if only it were 2009

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I've lived in Kentucky and Tennessee my whole life. Living in the country > big citys.

It was also nice when those AGL events were only a hour away :walshy:

This!

Rural > Cities

Just moved back to my rural community for a job after living in a big city while attending college. Love being back in the "country."

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMO a blowout would be an 11-2 or 10-3. RNG was taking 3-4 games off CLG before Worlds when they scrimmed.

Personally I see a possible 12-1 incoming. Maybe not a 13-0, but who knows.

Edit: Personally cannot wait for when EG gets back on the grind. I want to see the improvements they can make, and after a fee nights of shaking off the rust, see how they fare against CLG. That's the biggest matchup for me, really. This RNG vs CLG series is gonna be about how good can RNG handle losing, while EG vs CLG will be about if EG has what it takes to take a series off CLG.

That would be 500k combined for both Na and Eu, for both league seasons finals before the next Hwc. Simply said that is 500k total before 1mil championship.

This ^ with 1 minor amendment in bold.

Are you implying there will be additional payouts per each LAN and online qualifier?  :simms: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The biggest difference between CLG and RNG is in discipline, the players on RNG seem instinctively inclined to chase kills which makes them more susceptible to being killed.

That being said, Win or Lose, CLG would still the better team in my opinion, if RNG wins or lose 5-8 or 6-7, they would be 2nd best team, if they were to lose 4-9 or worse, EG is the 2nd best team.

The reasoning behind this is Discipline and consistency

You guys...these are scrims. Practice. You are putting to much weight on scrims. For all we know (and it may be true) EG could beat RNG right now in a scrim. Would that make them the number 2? The only thing we can say for certain is CLG is number 1. Why? Because they proved a month ago that they are world champs.

So yes your opinion would be correct, win or lose, CLG is the best team. But by how much does not mean RNG is better or worse than EG or any other team for that matter.

• Upvote (+1) 2

halo is like the only scene that looks so much into scrims haha. online is fake in this game thats why only 4 team get to play for cash is beyond dumb my team last season and denial were the worst pro teams online and on lan the lowest we placed was 3rd but online we wouldve gotten 7th or 8th.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I think he means scrims.  :thinking:

Yeah I added something in my last post. I don't think they took scrims as serious, but they weren't the worst team online when it came to online tournaments..

• Upvote (+1) 1