CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've seen alot of discussion on twitter and here so just wanted to confirm, the 250K finals figure is made up of both NA and EU prizepools combined. We are yet to release the prizepool distrubution but the 250K for season finals is a total figure made up of the 2 regions. Still amazing to see the launch of pro league with a commitment of 500K for finals and another 1 Million minimum world champs!

So that is 125k for NA and 125k for EU or 250k for NA and 250k for EU?

I wanna talk about about why we didn't scrim CLG earlier. I want to start by saying this could be a terrible outlook but it's how I personally feel about it. So we avoided playing the #1 team that has a huge skill gap between the other teams until we felt comfortable together as a team. This isn't because we play to win scrims it's because when you're playing a team as good as CLG you're 100% going to come out of it learning stuff you can improve on, it doesn't matter how comfortable you feel with your team or how good you think you are. Now we feel comfortable enough to play clg and come out of it with productive results rather than getting owned and being overwhelmed with improvements we could make. Like I said this could be a terrible outlook but it's blatantly obvious CLG is farther ahead than everyone, why not see how you fare against other teams before trying to stack yourself up against a team of their caliber?

Tldr; while the team was trying to feel comfortable playing together we wanted to play teams other than CLG to work out what we needed to get better at before getting stomped by CLG and become overwhelmed by the progress we would have to make.

Also, im sorry if this post isnt very good. I stopped 384838 times because I got distracted while typing it xD

Appreciate you shedding some light on your reasoning. Although I still disagree, RNG has loosely been a team for almost 2 weeks? And to scrim the same teams multiple times in that period without facing CLG once does not enforce your point. Obviously as a new team you have to build that teamwork/unity and I can rationalize that you wouldn't want to play the #1 team at the beginning but it is a disfavor to your team to scrim the other teams multiple times before CLG. 

Optic has probably benefitted the most out of all scrims so far because even though they are getting crushed by CLG they are still learning how they need to play these maps to win. Its obvious that they need to win individual battles which is difficult against 4 of the top 8 players in h5. I just can't get behind the fact of purposely not scrimming a team for this long just so you don't lose. I played D1 college football and everyday you were put in individual drills against ppl who were better than you with the idea that you are going to gain the most experience from this. It forces you to adapt quicker because losing isn't something easy to swallow. 

I'm glad its happening tonight I just feel like it's long overdue, and disappointing to want to watch CLG scrim and just see multiple teams dodge them.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Niether of them, its a 250K total so kind of like the first part except the distubution has not yet been released.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Appreciate you shedding some light on your reasoning. Although I still disagree, RNG has loosely been a team for almost 2 weeks? And to scrim the same teams multiple times in that period without facing CLG once does not enforce your point. Obviously as a new team you have to build that teamwork/unity and I can rationalize that you wouldn't want to play the #1 team at the beginning but it is a disfavor to your team to scrim the other teams multiple times before CLG. 

Optic has probably benefitted the most out of all scrims so far because even though they are getting crushed by CLG they are still learning how they need to play these maps to win. Its obvious that they need to win individual battles which is difficult against 4 of the top 8 players in h5. I just can't get behind the fact of purposely not scrimming a team for this long just so you don't lose. I played D1 college football and everyday you were put in individual drills against ppl who were better than you with the idea that you are going to game the most experience from this. It forces you to adapt harder because losing isn't something easy to swallow. 

I'm glad its happening tonight I just feel like it's long overdue, and disappointing to want to watch CLG scrim and just see multiple teams dodge them.

We never played the same team twice xD we played eg, optic, elevate team 1, elevate team 2, ALG, e6, NV. We only had the opportunity to scrim CLG twice and we didn't take the offer. We'll be playing them a lot from now on so you have nothing to be upset about anymore my friend.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i'll be casting the RNG vs CLG scrims for anyone interested, i get unnaturally hyped up. Going to be practicing some different casting techniques some current halo castors have bestowed upon me.

face cam will be active.. :wutface:

#overhypeascrim

#GiveMeSomeFin

That's dope man. I'll be sure to tune in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm gonna predict an 8-5 series with CLG taking the advantage over RNG. I am just hoping that RNG reminds themselves when they lose that it IS just a scrim. No matter how much people have been anticipating this match, who wins and loses doesn't really matter, at least not for now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

RNG is a very likeable team when they scrim. During scrims the only talk revolves around calling out and praising eachother for making good plays. They are fun to watch, and I hope they give CLG a run for their money.

I only watched them for about a hour yesterday, but I was getting annoyed watching them play mm ane ctf warm-up. It's an attitude thing. Specifically towards Ninja. I get that talk outside of scrims is going to entail jokes and harmless banter, but "we are just joking around" doesnt make one sound like less of an ass. I noticed it for a while before Ninja made a comment that Commonly sounded "condescending," and that Ninja felt like he was back on team Cloud 9.

I'm not sure if the attitude thing is conscious or unconscious, but it's there. RNG would be more likeable if they would learn how to have fun in MM without coming across as being dooshy to one another. Props to Ninja for how he handles it.

Also much respect to Snakebite for his post game pep talks. Snakebite is a master at giving constructive criticism, which is not an easy thing.

i made that same point regarding rng

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12986-hcs-pro-league-teams-seeds-and-discussion%E2%80%8F/?view=findpost&p=734215

even bubu agreed  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

RNG is a team of highs and lows. I think this was mentioned at Worlds too. You see when they are winning and hyped, they can literally compete with anyone. Ala EG, ALG. When they drop games or choke, it's the lowest of lows. I'm hoping with Commonly on the squad now that he kind of kills that and keeps them more even-keeled.

I've seen alot of discussion on twitter and here so just wanted to confirm, the 250K finals figure is made up of both NA and EU prizepools combined. We are yet to release the prizepool distrubution but the 250K for season finals is a total figure made up of the 2 regions. Still amazing to see the launch of pro league with a commitment of 500K for finals and another 1 Million minimum world champs!

Wait, 500k finals? What? Are you saying the 250k is strictly for pro league matches and then the finals has its own 500k prize pool? That's not how I read things at all. Really confused at where 500k came from.

Highly doubt it will be a 50-50 split due to the discrepancy in talent/viewership figures i.e only one EU team placed top 8 at worlds in comparison to 7 NA teams.

Wait, 500k finals? What? Are you saying the 250k is strictly for pro league matches and then the finals has its own 500k prize pool? That's not how I read things at all. Really confused at where 500k came from.

250K per season = 500K

• Upvote (+1) 1

pRNGuin

Very interesting spelling indeed. 

Edit, each season will feature a $250k prize pool. This $250k is split between NA and EU pro leagues, but the exact split is not known. Hope this helps/clarifies. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i'll be casting the RNG vs CLG scrims for anyone interested, i get unnaturally hyped up. Going to be practicing some different casting techniques some current halo castors have bestowed upon me. 

face cam will be active.. :wutface:  

#overhypeascrim

#GiveMeSomeFin

Nice. Link to channel?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope lethul sees all of the posts in here thinking RNG will do well against CLG, tells his teammates, and they actually try their asses off and win 13-0 tonight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Chad drop a graphic on these people explaining how the prize pool works :kappa:

I would, but even I'm confused here. Didnt they say crowdfunding was coming back?

So wont the season prize pools be larger than $250k?