FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just found out that I'm getting an extra 5 holidays this year. Pro League Summer or Fall finals here I come!?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think there's a very serious discussion to be had if the bottom 4 teams don't get any prize money, especially if the league isn't salaried.

You have this already intensely constricted 8 team league when there's easily 10-12 good pro teams and you're really not going to compensate all of the actually pro-PRO teams?

I'll wait for more news but I don't think I can support that decision. Either reduce the winnings for the top 4 and pay out the bottom 4 with SOMETHING even if it's only like 10k each, add 50k and distribute it without affecting the current prize pool distribution, or salary the 8 teams and you're golden.

@@Vivi

Honestly the only justification I can see is maybe they're going to use the summer as a "test" and see what kind of number the weekly matches get. Then things might change for the fall.

But I don't think the community will be divided on this, there needs to be some compensation for making the pro league, other than the chance at placing in the money.

I'd be fine with a prize for making pro league (a flat prize for all 8 teams), then you can win the season finals for a much larger prize. But imagine winning the LCQ and competing all summer only to place top 6. Great you're still in Pro League but you have nothing, especially if you don't have a salary from an org.

Another interesting aspect of this is I wonder if Halo and Esl will ban players from streaming their matches, because then you are cutting another potential revenue source.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I legitimately hope Allegiance, Liquid, and Winterfox remain in the scene. We've been spoiled with so many great orgs entering the scene that it would suck to see them leave due to rostermania. I'm assuming/hoping APG's team will stay with Liquid and Ryanoob's eventual squad will end up with Winterfox. But that still leaves Allegiance. They are a great org and hope they pick up a solid top 8 contender at the very least. Cloud 9 is a lost cause, they've bailed already twice after bad placings so I don't expect much from them.

On the another note, Hysteria, Heinz, and 2gre should squad up.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly the only justification I can see is maybe they're going to use the summer as a "test" and see what kind of number the weekly matches get. Then things might change for the fall.

But I don't think the community will be divided on this, there needs to be some compensation for making the pro league, other than the chance at placing in the money.

I'd be fine with a prize for making pro league (a flat prize for all 8 teams), then you can win the season finals for a much larger prize. But imagine winning the LCQ and competing all summer only to place top 6. Great you're still in Pro League but you have nothing, especially if you don't have a salary from an org.

Another interesting aspect of this is I wonder if Halo and Esl will ban players from streaming their matches, because then you are cutting another potential revenue source.

Yeah so basically they get nothing for competing and can't support themselves at all via streams.

You're basically imploding the scene for everybody other than the top 4 teams, and with CLG being one of those teams absolutely guaranteed, you're asking people to cut off some serious income for a chance at 3 PLACES TO WIN ANY MONEY AT ALL.

Again, those team skins having a percentage going to players and orgs make it not only appealing for great orgs to come into the scene but gives players income and makes the scene more enticing for new players. Also, if you make regular req packs and special edition req packs like they've been doing continually fund worlds 2017, you're not missing out on crowdfunding by using team skins packs on players and orgs.

Whatsayyou @@Tashi @@Vivi

I legitimately hope Allegiance, Liquid, and Winterfox remain in the scene. We've been spoiled with so many great orgs entering the scene that it would suck to see them leave due to rostermania. I'm assuming/hoping APG's team will stay with Liquid and Ryanoob's eventual squad will end up with Winterfox. But that still leaves Allegiance. They are a great org and hope they pick up a solid top 8 contender at the very least. Cloud 9 is a lost cause, they've bailed already twice after bad placings so I don't expect much from them.

On the another note, Hysteria, Heinz, and 2gre should squad up.

Cratos mentioned in the Player Spotlight that Allegiance is going to stick around. So at least there's that.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I don't understand, did ESL and 343i actually said that there is only prizes($$) for the top 4 teams? 

QQDCaw6.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would ESL or 343 pay the salaries? They are running a league, that these organizations are competing in. There is not one professional sport, where the league pays the salaries to the players. Even in other eSports, do players get their salary from TSM or from the LCS? Most if not all of the players who are signed with an org get some sort of monthly salary. 

Imagine how ridiculous people would sound if they wanted the NBA to pay Lebrons salary and not the Cavaliers. 

Has it been confirmed somewhere that only the top 4 spots get paid? 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I think there's a very serious discussion to be had if the bottom 4 teams don't get any prize money, especially if the league isn't salaried.

You have this already intensely constricted 8 team league when there's easily 10-12 good pro teams and you're really not going to compensate all of the actually pro-PRO teams?

I'll wait for more news but I don't think I can support that decision. Either reduce the winnings for the top 4 and pay out the bottom 4 with SOMETHING even if it's only like 10k each, add 50k and distribute it without affecting the current prize pool distribution, or salary the 8 teams and you're golden.

@@Vivi @@Tashi

Im also pretty irritated that we have no concrete updates on req funding and how the team skins will work.

Should I start buying packs now to increase worlds funding? Because a whole year of crowd funding would be fucking insane and legendary.

Do the HCS team skins come in individual packs? Or a bundle and do I have a chance of just getting random teams? If there individual do they increase worlds prize pool or do the players get money out of it? Because that would totally make the no salary and bottom 4 not being paid worth it (Ala stickers in csgo).

Sorry for the concern filled rant but these are incredibly important things to know with the league starting next month. They need to get this info out asap.

I'm fine with taking the 250,000 and making sure that even 8th gets a cut, however, we're talking about 1,000 or so per player for 4 months of their year. That's probably not going to make or break you and you should be looking at a good part time job like waiting tables anyways. 

Why is everyone acting so shocked about the lack of money for a small unpopular game? What did did the H4 and Reach scene look like?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I'm fine with taking the 250,000 and making sure that even 8th gets a cut, however, we're talking about 1,000 or so per player for 4 months of their year. That's probably not going to make or break you and you should be looking at a good part time job like waiting tables anyways. 

Why is everyone acting so shocked about the lack of money for a small unpopular game? What did did the H4 and Reach scene look like?

I'm confused why you're on a forum just to talk about how small and unpopular the game this forum is based on is.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Why would ESL or 343 pay the salaries? They are running a league, that these organizations are competing in. There is not one professional sport, where the league pays the salaries to the players. Even in other eSports, do players get their salary from TSM or from the LCS? Most if not all of the players who are signed with an org get some sort of monthly salary. 

Imagine how ridiculous people would sound if they wanted the NBA to pay Lebrons salary and not the Cavaliers. 

In the LCS Riot pays the players a salary. I believe they get a salary as well through the org but I'm not sure about that. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm all about being realistic, but in order to grow the scene you need to make sure the money's being put into the right places.

Id rather have a smaller first place prize pool with all 8 teams getting a decent amount of the money for almost 3 months time than what we have now. We need to make Halo more enticing so more people play and more people follow and watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not even close to the same point commonly was making lol. You can't compare a league like the NBA to Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

i'm not at all opposed to taking some of the prize pool and giving pro league players a stipend

but let's not act like they are entitled to them at this stage in the game

however a stipend would go a long way to help these guys pay bills and spend more time promoting (that's what the HCS is really about) halo 

• Upvote (+1) 1

In the LCS Riot pays the players a salary. I believe they get a salary as well through the org but I'm not sure about that. 

You are right, it does look like they a salary from riot as well as their org. 

a radar that only shows people who sprint, thrust or spartan charge would be a godsend.

Quinn has no clue. Binaries are shit, no matter what for competive play.

I think if you added clamber onto that, I would be on board.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just so everything is clear... CaiNaM is just Maniac backwards.

And here I thought Eco had rebranded himself again.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3