CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Who does @@Cratos think is the best player in the game?

What did he do with his share of the 500k prize from The Halo World Championship?

What does @@Cratos have to say about his reputation?

Find out in this edition of the Pro Player Spotlight!

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/13131-halo-pro-player-spotlight-5-cratos/?p=737553

Sorry for how late this was posted guys. I've been trying to get this going since prior to the Halo World Championship but some personal stuff came up and my schedule got SLAMMED with work(Its Big Buck World Champs planning season for me), and some other content plans started to hatch. I'll get back into the grind of getting these out consistently and continue to take criticism and feedback to make these better, so please if you have any feedback dont hesitate to share it with me!

The next Spotlight will feature @ which I'm incredibly excited to have on board! I'm targeting that for a launch next week or the following week!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the read!

343 should be tweeting these kind of things out. They are great reads!

Be ready for tomorrows scrim against CLG...

rF2Opk9.gif

Im just afraid what you had to Google to find this

• Upvote (+1) 7

I live in Nassau County, Long Island NY. Housing is so insane here $1000 gets you a one bedroom in a crack house essentially. At least 1500 for a one bedroom in a decent neighborhood.

On Halo news, an org called soul was founded by sixten. They picked up Mr. Blakerz and Swish, and then recently my teammate firebird as a to3. Going to try my best to grab that fourth spot. We scrimmed enigma 6 last night. We didn't take a game but we played pretty well as none of us were warm and I had never seriously played with swish and blakerz. Give me some dubu guys help me land that spot :D

Goodluck on that fourth spot!

Also thanks for making me look forward to getting an apartment at Hofstra after my first year of grad school haha, housing is already rough as it is.

8 NA teams and 6 EU teams, with the quality differences between the scenes for NA teams there's roughly a 1/3 chance of landing in the money and that is heavily in the individuals own hands. No they shouldn't be paid for a decent chance of winning a part of $250k (not to mention a second season confirmed again cycling money into the same groups of teams hands). It's not like it's that heavy a commitment or there is any form of exclusivity stopping top teams from attempting other ventures either.

If I were a pro team knowing there was 1 1/2 months until the league even kicks off:

1. Get all the top teams banded together.
  2. Approach some tourney organizers / sponsors with a quick setup idea - two 'fight night' style bo11s per week (which they already do nightly), fan voted loser stays on, 3 losses and you're out, winning teams must skip a tournament before being allowed to be voted in again.
  3. Supplement whatever is raised with crowd funding - think how much they could make in a week with a concerted effort.
  4. Tell their Orgs to milk the fuck out of it each week - ORG vs ORG combat.
  5. Tournament stream but players also allowed to stream if they want for that dirty subscriber / donation money. 

Hey look everyone is making money and generating interest.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You pay $1000 a month? What do you make a month?

Rent is expensive..... why would $1000/mo surprise anyone?

I live in Nassau County, Long Island NY. Housing is so insane here $1000 gets you a one bedroom in a crack house essentially. At least 1500 for a one bedroom in a decent neighborhood.

Shit 5 years ago I was living in a $650 two bedroom in a decent area of Orlando. A 1 bedroom is $1000 now. Shit is crazy.

Penguin is a fucking freak tho. That RNG squad looks decent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In my area, a studio apartment is around 350/month, 2 bedroom apartments are around 550 a month.

What.....? How in fuh....

I guess my first question should be, what is your "area"? Because I've never seen rent that low save for some really unsavory places....

I guess it can differ regionally, but those numbers are shocking to me.

Edit: This has been answered.

nope, their last scrim was 2 nights ago VS E6

What is EG doing :wutface: they have a LAN in almost 10 days and it SHOULD be a guaranteed spot for them. They should be scrimming 6 nights a week like CLG does.

Quinn in the chat defending binaries and radar.

:wutface:

lol radar is one thing to defend- people are on the radar side of the fence, the no-radar side of the fence, and right the fuck on top of the fence. I consider myself to be "right the fuck on top of," and although Quinn defends radar to the death, it's at least defensible.

Binaries? BINARIES? BINARIES? Never has an effort to "balance" a map gone so poorly.

That new Coli map plays like a joke. "Oh, since it's too easy to snipe, let's put TWO binaries on the map so people can sweep their shots and guarantee a hit"

Hamy changed his GT to RNG Commonly so I think we can go ahead and make RNG official

I was waiting til the official announcement to add a sig banner as I didn't want to jinx the team, but this is close enough.  

Let's go RNG!   :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep. Played them when I had 3 diamonds on my team. Got stomped.

There are plenty of diamond players who are better than some Onyx players lol

edit: obviously not THOSE Onyx players, but still

• Upvote (+1) 2