CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm in the SF bay area. RIP my paychecks to mtg.  My sis in law lives in San Francisco, two bedroom apartment rent is 4k

volbx3.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Guess I'm going back to Tennessee. #GoogleFiber  :lxthul:

I've lived in Kentucky and Tennessee my whole life. Living in the country > big citys.

It was also nice when those AGL events were only a hour away  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

My wife and I pay about $1750 a month for our mortgage as of September '15. Before that we were paying $1100 rent for a 2 bedroom duplex. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 bedroom apartment with one bathroom for 365 a month and it isn't a rough place. Utilities run around 90 bucks. I feel like I got super lucky tbh.

Missouri is a shitty state to live in, for every reason but one. I live in a studio apartment (not super nice, put certainly not shit) with all utilities included for 585 a month! Fuck Missouri, but super affordable!

I'm so jealous of many of you.

I wanted to get an apartment but it's like 900 for a 1 bed, and 1200 for a 2 bedroom apt.

Screw NJ man  :wutface:

We can throw a router and a few extension cords up to the tree house in my back yard and call rent 150 a month. Even comes with a beanbag chair that rivals DXRacers in comfort

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am all for pros getting some money out of being in the pro league. But was Halo any better when in comes to getting some serious cash by playing/winning ? I don't think so.

Halo is on the rise and ALL pros should imidiately start taking advantage of youtube, twitch, orgs, etc. NOW IS THE TIME. That will not only help them to get extra cash, but even more importantly, it will help the HALO GROW. That is what is 343 hoping for when throwing in 1mil prizepools. When fan base grows, everything grows. More copies sold, crowdfunding grows, subscribers grows, etc. Just look at Optic ffs.

343/Ms won't keep throwing money at you if it doesn't pay back.

Also, I am extremely happy with the pro league news

• Upvote (+1) 5

Now we use this data we collected over the past two pages to set up a couch surf service for pros traveling to events

Just had an image of Optic surfing on couches...

I wish I knew how to make gifs...

players will owe Beyond $500 per dank meme that was failed to be delivered.

damn, that's as much as I pay monthly in rent !! 

edit: this was a joke

Where do you guys live that you pay $500 for rent, and how can I relocate there?  :cash:

• Upvote (+1) 3

These rent amounts make me happy to be living in small town south dakota. I own a house and between my mortgage, water, electricity, internet, and garbage I pay about 1200 a month.

...but orgs already take just a minor cut AND give out salaries.

Then why the fuck are the pros pissed about prize distributions?

You play mediocre and dont place = you get org salary (should be enough to live on)

You play well and finish top 4 (OUT OF 8 TEAMS) = you get org salary PLUS prize money (minus org cut, obvs)

and if the org salary isn't enough to get by on, then we go back to my original post about how contracts are being structured with orgs

(I didnt mean this to be snarky or directed specifically at you Tibs)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where do you guys live that you pay $500 for rent, and how can I relocate there?  :cash:

3 years ago here in south dakota I had a 3 bedroom 2 bath apt with fireplace and vaulted ceilings for 650 a month, not bad.

f7bb1f45-6900-48e9-a313-8fdd743d2136-620

EDIT: It's actually only about tree fiddy

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 years ago here in south dakota I had a 3 bedroom 2 bath apt with fireplace and vaulted ceilings for 650 a month, not bad.

Meanwhile, rent is inflated to the clouds in west North Dakota.

He's asking as a spectator, not as somebody looking to compete. He wants to attend, which sucks 12 days in advance. Similar to the HWC scenario with the info release like...2 weeks out.

PAX East has been sold out since December or so November...