CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Went into cratos stream asking whats the beef with some teams, he said it comes down to the money, and that if your not a top 4 team you dont make shit. I guess pros want to beable to make a living.

I think its obvious that halo isnt even close to being there yet, and the same with console e sports in general.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Small request, as one of officially 4 professional players I think everyone should have green titles removed except CLG. Thanks. 

You got carried nerd  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can see where some players are coming from. There's solid talent outside of Top 8 that could easily bring in at least an additional 2-4 teams and without it those teams could potentially dominate the challenger league which could hurt up and coming talent. But there's more to factor in than to just please every top players.

I think this is a great start and if it succeeds I have no doubt we'll see increase in teams per season, maybe even the Fall season could see this increase if 343 and ESL like the reception it gets. 

Went into cratos stream asking whats the beef with some teams, he said it comes down to the money, and that if your not a top 4 team you dont make shit. I guess pros want to beable to make a living.

Then be good in a better game, pros are entitled to nothing. What is Halo5 twitch position right now?? Top 30 ?. There is no interest in the game at all, hell Halo5 isn't even popular in Xbox.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 21

Here is what I have so far. Feel free to make a request. I'd prefer to stick to teams/halo related stuff though.

bk1mJ4h.png

I'm glad you went for the eye rather than having the E6 in the E6.

I was looking forward to the E6ception though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not an E6 fan yet, but this is some of your best work to date IMO

Hell I'm thinking of being an E6 fan just for that sweet sweet logo they have.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then be good in a better game, pros are entitled to nothing. What is Halo5 twitch position right now?? Top 30 ?. There is no interest in the game at all, hell Halo5 isn't even popular in Xbox.

Thought the same thing, I love halo but im suprised 343 is putting in 1.5million. Halo really isnt popular enough for all pros to make a living.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think they nailed everything, other than having enough teams, which in my opinion was the biggest piece of this puzzle.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah it would seem that way, but I entirely understand why. I've always said I feel that the Pro Pool was to slim if it was 8. There is WAY to much talent in the top 12-14-16 teams to be left outside in the AM community. Especially if they have to wait til the NEXT season for a chance to compete at a pro level. We're going to see 4-8 teams consistently THRASH teams at AM events/tournaments, simply because of the team cap in the Pro League.

Yes. Keep making them. They're awesome.

I agree with almost everything you post, but not about these 4-8 teams consistently "THRASHING" other AM teams. If that were to be the case then even if pro league was 12 teams, the teams going to relegation would "THRASH" the teams trying to make pro league anyways. People will grind and get better to make it to pro league no matter the size of the pro league. Yes there will be some thrashings on the way there but there always will be in any competitive league. If you deserve to be in the top 8 than you will find a way. /rant

Ps: not for or against larger pro league. I'm just glad we have one at this point

• Upvote (+1) 1

Small request, as one of officially 4 professional players I think everyone should have green titles removed except CLG. Thanks. 

This

But real talk, as I already said, all these "pros" living in fear of being in the challenger league would just be getting 3-0 swept by teams like CLG, EG and probably Renegades... All this whining is for green titles and brags and they need to shut the hell up and get good because there are only 8 spots. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

This

But real talk, as I already said, all these "pros" living in fear of being in the challenger league would just be getting 3-0 swept by teams like CLG, EG and probably Renegades... All this whining is for green titles and brags and they need to shut the hell up and get good because there are only 8 spots. 

Fitting that you have child in your name.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What? So the pros that are on 5-8 teams are just playing the game for fun and are to get no compensation at all? The only salary they are getting are from their orgs. People have to realize that a lot of us have put our lives on hold to be able to do what we love while trying to make some money off of it. I don't think they should be getting enough to make a living, but at least some sort of stipend for just playing their game at a high level.

There are hundreds koreans LoL and Starcraft players playing 12h a day for a shot at making a living. I don't see most pros grinding more than 6-8 hours a day . You are entitled to nothing, do you how the world works?.
  • Upvote (+1) 13
  • Downvote (-1) 6

There are hundreds koreans LoL and Starcraft players playing 12h a day for a shot at making a living. I don't see most pros grinding more than 6-8 hours a day . You are entitled to nothing, do you how the world works?.

One of the few times I agree with you. Has its issues, but gets the point across.

What? So the pros that are on 5-8 teams are just playing the game for fun and are to get no compensation at all? The only salary they are getting are from their orgs. People have to realize that a lot of us have put our lives on hold to be able to do what we love while trying to make some money off of it. I don't think they should be getting enough to make a living, but at least some sort of stipend for just playing their game at a high level.

I mean,its your choice, its a blessing that 343 is doing as much as they are doing in the first place. As great as it would be to get some extra finacial assistance Lets be real, most pros should not expect to make legit money from halo, most should have jobs outside of h5. H5 isnt that popular, and somehow its managed to have the biggest tournys ever seen for console esports, which is great but it seems silly to ask for even more when I doubt 343 is seeing a return on the work they are doing.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

tumblr_loplqlWucj1qcfba3o1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You can't compare Korean work ethic to American work ethic. Completely different cultures. Korea is way ahead of us in eSports culture and infrastructure. I will compare it to CoD. Pro CoD players in their league make a set amount for just being in the league and playing their matches. Halo can and should do the same.

I think we all know that even though halo has seen an increase in viewers when it comes to streaming, its still behind cod, cod is also multiplatform and make so much more money from game sales, compared to 343. That being said it makes sense why activision is investing more into pro league.

You can't compare Korean work ethic to American work ethic. Completely different cultures. Korea is way ahead of us in eSports culture and infrastructure. I will compare it to CoD. Pro CoD players in their league make a set amount for just being in the league and playing their matches. Halo can and should do the same.

What is CoD position right now on Twitch ???. You are talking about the most popular console game ever to the top 11 game on Xbox. You should had played a different game then. Sorry to be blunt.
  • Downvote (-1) 17

What? So the pros that are on 5-8 teams are just playing the game for fun and are to get no compensation at all? The only salary they are getting are from their orgs. People have to realize that a lot of us have put our lives on hold to be able to do what we love while trying to make some money off of it. I don't think they should be getting enough to make a living, but at least some sort of stipend for just playing their game at a high level.

It's simple supply and demand. I understand all the work you guys put into it but there are a lot more than 16 people in the world of Halo that play as much as you guys do and are devoted to getting better. The cutoff has to happen somewhere and the demand for halo is just not that much right now, and so there is going to be a lot of left over supply... Look at all the millions of youtube channels and twitch streams, its not like all the unsuccessful ones are so because they aren't devoted or working hard enough... No, some are really good quality but will never see money or recognition. Why? Because there is only so much demand and a whole lot of supply. 

• Upvote (+1) 3