CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is it okay that I cried reading the Pro League details? :weback:

We are so back. Nothing can stop us at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We're gonna have to do something about this "boys in blue" thing. I think like 3 or 4 teams in the top 12 are "The boys in blue" EG, CLG, Envy off the top of my head.

Boys in Blue, Bleed Blue, Blue Wall... wait...

• Upvote (+1) 7

1. Pegasus is in Slayer (which should be Social, but thats another conversation), not Team Arena
  2. A lot of the hate regarding the DLC maps stems from them not being in the competitive rotation in the first place. It's become a big circle jerk about an HCS Playlist rather than critiquing the maps for actual competitive improvement 
  3. The new maps are all being reworked (Torque has been majorly improved) so blindly hating them would be bad when they might be deemed more competitively viable in the near future. Riptide Strongholds could stay in but Slayer removed, etc. I'm not saying keep Team Arena as it is but refinements need to go in on both ends of the spectrum (MM & HCS)

Yeah sorry, just picked whatever awful map came to mind. Should've been Torque etc. There is playlist combining and refining to be done for sure.

I dunno man, I see what you're saying, but think the physical layout of most of those maps is inherently just bad/not suited to competitive, and don't think settings tweaks will help Riptide or Torque be very good HCS maps. You'd rather see the maps shoehorned into the competitive rotation with their best 'good enough' versions possible so that the playlist matches tournaments, rather than keep the maps separate because they just don't/probably won't work for competitive play?

We're gonna have to do something about this "boys in blue" thing. I think like 3 or 4 teams in the top 12 are "The boys in blue" EG, CLG, Envy off the top of my head.

Boys in blue = nV

Bleed blue = eg

Clgfighting = CLG

• Upvote (+1) 1

That and well...Cratos outright said they knew for a few weeks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I see that now after going through the posts! Am still catching up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Liquid too  :wutface:  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think create a HCS playlist is not feasible. Modify Team Arena to contain only HCS gametypes also is not feasible since many people like to play other modes and maps/gametypes.

Perhaps a solution would be na "All/Only HCS" toggle option. By default MM searches for games in all gametypes and maps in team arena, but there is a toggle in the bottom menu (the same way there is one to enable/disable others mic audio) to search only official HCS maps/gametypes. By selecting this option, you would be notified that it may increase the search time.

I think this way everyone would be happy. Who likes to play in all modes and maps can still do it, and those who prefer only official HCS maps/gametypes would not mind waiting a bit more for it.

I don't know, just an idea.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Also for those interested, I made a point system (Low=Better) for those going to PAX to see if the seeding makes sense:

EG (Roy +5, Lunchbox +5, Snip3down +5, Svspector +2): 17

E6 (Huke +3, BubuDubu +3, Cratos +2, Shooter +17): 25

NV (Mikwen +17, Pistola +17, El Town +2, Rayne +3): 39

OG (Ace +5, Naded +2, Flamesword +17, Maniac +17): 41

(The players get the highest potential placement at worlds (5th-8th=5), whoever didn't make it gets 17 points)

The latter. 

Is the above post accurate?

I know I'm super L8 (I share the same sleep schedule as Ace), but HOLY PRO LEAGUE HYPE. The Allegiance LAN is going to be so great, and it's less than 2 weeks away. I'm so excited for everything to come.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah sorry, just picked whatever awful map came to mind. Should've been Torque etc. There is playlist combining and refining to be done for sure.

I dunno man, I see what you're saying, but think the physical layout of most of those maps is inherently just bad/not suited to competitive, and don't think settings tweaks will help Riptide or Torque be very good HCS maps. You'd rather see the maps shoehorned into the competitive rotation with their best 'good enough' versions possible so that the playlist matches tournaments, rather than keep the maps separate because they just don't/probably won't work for competitive play?

And that's where it comes down to opinion. I personally think that the maps would be fine combined with the right settings, weapon layout, and game mode but people are too busy screaming for a separate playlist that would obliterate coherent playlist populations.

I think create a HCS playlist is not feasible. Modify Team Arena to contain only HCS gametypes also is not feasible since many people like to play other modes and maps/gametypes.
Perhaps a solution would be a toggle option. By default MM searches for games in all gametypes and maps in team arena, but there is a toggle in the bottom menu (the same way there is one to enable/disable others mic audio) to search only official HCS maps/gametypes. By selecting this option, you would be notified that it may increase the search time.
I think this way everyone would be happy. Who likes to play in all modes and maps can still do it, and those who prefer only official HCS maps/gametypes would not mind waiting a bit more for it.
I don't know, just an idea.

This is a really good idea.

Also kind of funny that the 'Allegiance LAN' won't actually have Team Allegiance lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Tom Brady will be 39 when the season starts, and is playing arguably his best football

6yq1Iqj.jpg

First off, that picture is amazing.

And I know, I'm a huge Tom fan. Both of them lol. QBs do seem to have a longer shelf life, I guess from not getting hit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This allegiance lan seems like nadeds best chance at getting the W (1 in 4) unfortunately he's with optic :(

I really hopes he wins it with Optic. I really can't see Optic beating EG in double elimination. They won't ever beat CLG though so there's no hope of him winning any of the big LANs to come in the next year or so. This is his best shot until after worlds 2017. I really want it to happen just so his storyline gets a happy ending. 

Prediction for Pro League/Power Rankings

1. CLG: Royal 2, SnakeBite, Lethul, Frosty

2. RNG: Penguin, Ninja, Commonly, Victory X

3. EG: Roy, Suspector, Snipedown, Lunchbox

4. E6: Huke, Cratos, Shooter, Bubu Dubu

5. NV: Mikwen, Pistola, El Town, Rayne

6. DNL: Hysteria, Contra, PreDevonator, Ogre 2 (I believe this team is still in flux but I like this lineup as I saw yesterday on Contra's stream)

7. TL: Eco, APG, Spartan, Stellur

8. OPT: Naded, Ace, Flamesword, Maniac