CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Could other teams not just starve CLG of scrims until the pro league starts?

Maybe a bit shady but considering the gulf between CLG and the rest of the field i'd be taking any advantage i could get :P

• Upvote (+1) 2

We've anticipated a more heavy-hitting lineup of teams, and can’t wait to see them duke it out on the ESL stage at PAX East 2016! Here’s a breakdown of the format for this LAN tournament.

FORMAT

• Winner qualifies for HCS Pro League
  • Double elimination
  • Matches will be a “Best of 5,” until the Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals, which will be a “Best of 7.”
  • Teams will be seeded based upon Halo World Championship performance
  • Halo World Championship map and game type rotation will be used

I wish I could upvote this more

• Winner qualifies for HCS Pro League

Double elimination

Matches will be a “Best of 5,” until the Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals, which will be a “Best of 7.”

Teams will be seeded based upon Halo World Championship performance

Halo World Championship map and game type rotation will be used

:weback:  :weback:  :simms:

Evening gents, will try catch up later today and answer/get answers to as many questions as possible. Got out of surgery a few hours ago after having my wisdom teeth pulled and in agony atm. Will check back tonight!

DAT PRO LEAGUE DOE! Great future for Halo both NA and EU, cannot contain my excitement and get back in the booth.

Had mine out a month ago. Drink lots of gatorade and avoid straws! Hope you recover quickly!

<p>

Stuff

Is seeding going to go off of if teams made it to worlds? Or by how the players did at worlds?

Like is the seeding going to be EG 1, Optic 2, Envy 3, and E6 4?

Maybe a bit shady but considering the gulf between CLG and the rest of the field i'd be taking any advantage i could get :P

Sorry meant to +rep vivi's post above you but hey, have some free + rep.  Today is a good day.  :simms:

QBsFn.gif?noredirect

(pretend those are green ^)

• Upvote (+1) 5

<p>

Stuff

Is seeding going to go off of if teams made it to worlds? Or by how the players did at worlds?

Overall Worlds performance, including NA regionals. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Additionally, 343 Industries’ HCS team is working with ESL on bracket formats, options for a picks and bans system, a newly updated focus and feedback group in the form of the HCS Council (including working with this group on updates to maps, game types, formats, and more), as well as exciting new opportunities such as in-game esports skins. There’s lots more in the works, so stay tuned. "

"pick and bans system"  :apg:

I'm curious as to a picks and ban system would work in Halo. Unless it's for maps and gametypes

Also, I was told, (in a matchmaking game during my stream) that I need to post more on Beyond lol.

This is me posting more. Two is enough. ;P

:intensifies:

You're welcome everyone

p.s. we tied

@@Vivi is killing it with listening to what the community (specifically the Beyond community) wants. Someone get this man VIP status or something! 

• Upvote (+1) 3

<p>

Stuff

One would assume that envy and optic will be 3 and 4 considering both teams weren't at the hwc. Tbh I think e6 should get first place seed as the overall placing for their team at hwc is higher than eg. Either way we all know eg will win the allegiance lan.

343 honestly killed it today. Couldn't be happier. Hope they release gametypes and settings soon.

Qualification Tourneys will use the HWC Ruleset but I'm definitely anxious for what's to come in May.

@@Vivi is killing it with listening to what the community (specifically the Beyond community) wants. SOMEONE GET THIS MAN VIP STATUS! 

Incredibly happy to take all of the credit, but there is a really awesome team working on all of this behind the scenes. Tashi, Che, Bravo and Timo just to name a few. (apologies for not tagging correctly)

edit* and Simms of course. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

You would need 100% cooperation and dedication from all other pro teams (highly unlikely) to not scrim them.  

Besides, you'd be doing a disservice to yourselves by not playing against them.  The way it sits right now, other teams can improve at a better rate than CLG.  That's the problem when you're on top - your progress slows a bit as there's no one better than you to learn from.  

NV has it right by scrimming them twice already and they look much stronger.

I don't believe that pussy bullshit that you don't learn anything by getting destroyed.  I think if you want to go at the best you should practice against the best as much as you possibly can.  Who gives a fuck if you get destroyed?  Keep practicing with them until you stop getting destroyed.  

• Upvote (+1) 1