CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I can confirm that he is not me :)

Haha meant Fletch as in you beat me to the punch in questioning the guy :P.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes it is. More fair and (possibly) one more LAN than we would have gotten to see?

Creates so much hype for the pro league.

Gentleman by the name of Mark. Been involved in competitive Halo since 2005, worked with MLG at their events 2008-2012 (competed 2005-2007) and now find myself at ESL in the League Operations department working on the Halo World Championships and HCS Pro League :)

I can still picture your avatar from the MLG forums like it was yesterday. Welcome to Beyond! You might end up recognizing a couple other names here that were active in the h1 or h2 era on the forums.

The challenger division needs substantially more detail.  WHERE and HOW do amateur teams compete?  No details were provided in the announcement.

I think you are wrong, there was great quality shown at EMEA.

4 tier 1 UK teams (xL, infused, vibe, epsi)

2 tier 1 FR teams (mix of Millenium, Vitality, Pulse & Supremacy)

2 tier 1 GER teams (Penta, dzs/FabE)

2 tier 2 Nordic teams (Orbit, Menace)

There's 10 off the top of my head, and the UK scene is decent as well with teams like Enraged proving theres substance across the board in EU. 8 I think would have been more realistic.

2 tier 1 German teams? Haha they aren't tier 1 when they get destroyed by ams in matchmaking.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The challenger division needs substantially more detail.  WHERE and HOW do amateur teams compete?  No details were provided in the announcement.

Huh? You should have your sights 200% set on the May 14/15th Qualifiers. The Challenger Division is literally irrelevant until the Pro League begins May 31st. Start grinding for the Online Events!

I can still picture your avatar from the MLG forums like it was yesterday. Welcome to Beyond! You might end up recognizing a couple other names here that were active in the h1 or h2 era on the forums.

Oh man, anytime anyone mentions the old MLG forums gives me the feels. Maybe cuz back then I was a 16 year old with a dream, and now I'm a 27 year old with a hobby.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Evening gents, will try catch up later today and answer/get answers to as many questions as possible. Got out of surgery a few hours ago after having my wisdom teeth pulled and in agony atm. Will check back tonight!

DAT PRO LEAGUE DOE! Great future for Halo both NA and EU, cannot contain my excitement and get back in the booth.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I guess everyone in the NFL, NBA, MLB and any other major professional sports league should just quit after they turn 28. They no longer have the hand eye coordination it takes to be at the top

lol exactly,  I think as we see esports expand to have larger leagues and larger pools of talent that can actually make a living at it, we will find that the real dropoff in ability starts to happen, and sometimes drastically, in the mid-30s like other sports.  some exceptional players will be able to play longer, but most will find that 33 or 34 years old is the cutoff.  2gre is getting closer, but he's not there yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll make an assumption that Challenger events are the Open events (run by any TO's that want to) that grew the scene in the first place and will allow pro teams as well as am teams

If that is the case, this is an incredible landscape for competitive Halo, well done to all that were involved

Woke up this morning and saw all the tweets... I hope you beyond goers are ready to post the dankest of memes... The off season lasted less then 3 weeks and god DAMNIT I hope those memes I saw weren't the best you fucking got. 

-gif snip for the mercy of mobile user's data-

Morpheus-Come-At-Me-Bro.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Made this to try to help people understand.

Here's how the 8 Teams will qualify for the Pro League

Ynf3UW7.png

Thank you! That was very helpful

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Additionally, 343 Industries’ HCS team is working with ESL on bracket formats, options for a picks and bans system, a newly updated focus and feedback group in the form of the HCS Council (including working with this group on updates to maps, game types, formats, and more), as well as exciting new opportunities such as in-game esports skins. There’s lots more in the works, so stay tuned. "

"pick and bans system"  :apg:

:smiley:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Well this news sucks for EGLx. Was looking forward to the couple pros who were going to go to Toronto. 

I guess if you are an AM and want a chance to do well, this tournament now is wide open and a great opportunity for yourself. 

Also excited about Pro League and looking forward to the LAN and Season Finals info. 

• Upvote (+1) 1