CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

although i really want commonly heinz victory x and ninja i dont think it will happen

left out my wild card.

ninja gets dropped (again) and its victory x commonly ogre2 and heinz.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CLG is going to be bigger than Final Boss ever was.

Lethal is the biggest entertainer and talent we've seen in years in the scene. He's talking to the die hards on here, he entertains on twitch, and posts on social media, the only thing missing is youtube, he controls the scene and decides team changes (other than his own, he has a lot of say in what other teams are formed I believe, behind the scenes) and he also just won the largest tournament in halo history.

Did they drop an X games match because Frosty was extremely ill and EG got lucky? YES.

But CLG is just beginning and nobody is going to stop them. Definitely not anyone of the new teams that are formed. If anyone can take a game off them it's EG with Suspector (best player in the game right now)

CLG are by far the dominant team at the moment, how long they stay dominant im not too sure about, maybe a couple of events before real competition gets in as other teams properly gel. I can see EG bouncing back and competing, and the Denial squad if they get their objective game real good as a dark horse at tournaments.

Bigger than Final Boss though just shows that you are taking drugs that are too trippy your own good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lethal is the biggest entertainer and talent we've seen in years in the scene. He's talking to the die hards on here, he entertains on twitch, and posts on social media, the only thing missing is youtube, he controls the scene and decides team changes (other than his own, he has a lot of say in what other teams are formed I believe, behind the scenes) and he also just won the largest tournament in halo history. 

mMUEQTx.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did they drop an X games match because Frosty was extremely ill and EG got lucky? YES.

But CLG is just beginning and nobody is going to stop them. Definitely not anyone of the new teams that are formed. If anyone can take a game off them it's EG with Suspector (best player in the game right now)

Agreed, this is key. I wasn't a fan of them at all initially (mainly because I didn't know who they were as much as I'm now just getting back in the scene). But after seeing how much Lethul has been involved with this community I've gained a serious amount of respect for him. It's been one of the main complaints for years; how the pros are never involved, and it's great to see. Hopefully more follow suit.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Minuscule improvement lol, they were losing scrims regularly, winning more than not but still losing. They were in the crapshoot for best team with us. If he thinks it's minuscule he's just wrong. Teams had 1.5 months of fkn grinding, the same we did. It probably helped some but you're an idiot if you think it was less about how good we god. 

NO THIS ISNT SAYING 2GRE IS BAD, He played best or 2nd best at Regionals and can still be on a good team. CLG changed playstyles completely when I joined. 

u suck idiot

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How was ours calculated? We hadn't played together. We didn't really talk that much about it, it was a fully winged decision based on faith in the team. If you can't get good in 1.5 months sorry idk what to tell you. 

Oh really? It seems I, and everyone else for that matter, gave you guys too much credit. So it really was just stupidity and luck that formed this new "dominant" CLG squad. Okay. Thanks for clearing that up...

• Downvote (-1) 5

Everyone always counts out hysteria on this forum. It's like he doesn't exist  :bman: I think if c9 can find a team to mesh well with hysteria it could be a top 3 or 4 team.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So it really was just stupidity and luck that formed this new "dominant" CLG squad.

?

Lethul has said on multiple occasions that he felt like Royal 2, Frosty and Snakebite were just insane slayers even before he joined, that it's something he noticed even when he was playing with EG against them. I'm sure he can recognize exactly what he can bring to the table that 2gre can't. So while it's not 'calculated' in that they're looking to time the announcement to weaken every other team as much as possible, it isn't 'stupidity and luck' either. He took a measured risk that he would improve CLG substantially and he did.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just want to point out it's Easter. Doubt any serious team talks/squads will be running tonight.

So there really is a group chat somewhere on the internet where a select few players mold and shape the landscape of competitive Halo. I don't know how I feel about that.

• Upvote (+1) 5

?

Lethul has said on multiple occasions that he felt like Royal 2, Frosty and Snakebite were just insane slayers even before he joined, that it's something he noticed even when he was playing with EG against them. I'm sure he can recognize exactly what he can bring to the table that 2gre can't. So while it's not 'calculated' in that they're looking to time the announcement to weaken every other team as much as possible, it isn't 'stupidity and luck' either. He took a measured risk that he would improve CLG substantially and he did.

lol @ your sig quote, I needed a tinfoil hat after that one.

?

I don't think they timed shit either. When did I say that? Oh right, never. I said calculated as in, ya know, they actually gave it some serious thought. You guys are acting like I meant some Machiavellian plan or something.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just want to point out it's Easter. Doubt any serious team talks/squads will be running tonight.

To be fair I would be fucked off if I was wanting to devour enough chocolate egge to put me in a coma and Ninja there wanting to run games. Piss off like mans got 15 more maltesers eggs.

Oh really? It seems I, and everyone else for that matter, gave you guys too much credit. So it really was just stupidity and luck that formed this new "dominant" CLG squad. Okay. Thanks for clearing that up...

How was it stupidity or luck? Everyone knew that the three best players on CLG were Snakebite/Royal2/Frosty with all three showing elite ability.  It was also widely considered that Lethul may have been the best player on EG (IN THIS GAME), and he had already proven that he could play that gap-filler role which is what he had been doing on EG throughout their run of dominance anyway.  It was a common sense gut decision that was very likely to work out because everything fell into place so well on paper.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it just me or is the aim acceleration unpredictable? I play on 4 accel, and it sometimes feel like I am on 1 accel and 1 sens and bugs the shit out of me.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The only event they didn't win, they lost the finals 4-3 with a player seriously sick during the entire tourney.

They didn't even use it as an excuse, but you could see in his face Frosty was feeling like shit, and you know it would've affected his communication.

okay but I wasn't using that loss as the grounds for why they aren't the best halo team ever as it stands right now. Lets say they do win that event, they have three event wins. That still doesn't put them even close to the FB with Saiyan who had close to 20 wins together. 2011 Instinct have five, EG with Lethul have five, and FB with side have six. 

Sure they have the potential the way they've looked but it'll be a long road before they can be considered better than that FB team with Saiyan. 

man this thread really went to shit over the last couple of days  :wutface:

i feel bad for people that think that any of these teams are going to stick together. the lack of real intel is starving you guys lol. i guess it's fun to speculate so i won't ruin your fun  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think they timed shit either. When did I say that? Oh right, never. I said calculated as in, ya know, they actually gave it some serious thought. You guys are acting like I meant some Machiavellian plan or something.

Yeah, but your opinion is that Lethul only provided a minuscule improvement to CLG - therefore the 'calculation' had everything to do with weakening every other team (unless you want to say that they 'calculated' a 'minuscule improvement', which is just....wtf).

Is it just me or is the aim acceleration unpredictable? I play on 4 accel, and it sometimes feel like I am on 1 accel and 1 sens and bugs the shit out of me.

Dedicated Servers. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Dedicated Servers. 

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH?! Servers can fuck with your aim?

Everyone on CLG is a young gun so the proof is in the pudding

How is anyone on CLG a "young gun"?

Yeah, but your opinion is that Lethul only provided a minuscule improvement to CLG - therefore the 'calculation' had everything to do with weakening every other team.

Lethul DID only provide a minuscule improvement. But the calculation I meant had nothing to do with weakening every other team. I think they might legitimately believe they improved a ton and it was the reason they won the way they did. But no, the competition went down the gutter.

You're reaching at this point buddy.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Lethul DID only provide a minuscule improvement. But the calculation I meant had nothing to do with weakening every other team. I think they might legitimately believe they improved a ton and it was the reason they won the way they did. But no, the competition went down the gutter.

You're reaching at this point buddy.

By miniscule improvement do you mean they only went up one place?

2nd to 1st? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2