CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@NavG123

This new CLG team remains for the remainder of Halo 5 under the new name "Impulse".

Why was it your Instinct to go with "Impulse"?

L8 BUT LETS GOOO TEAMSKINS

I'd rahter have team skins now then before, with all the roster changes going down you could've ended up paying for a skin you didn't want anymore lol
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 teams and 250k prize pool, called it. I should be hcs leaks. It is sad that its only top 8 teams and only 2 teams get religated. The challenger teams are going to be pros, there really is nothing in it for actual amateurs.

There's plenty in it for "actual amateurs"

namely, a lot of amateurs are going to spend a good amount of time playing the relegated pros. They get the whole "hey, I'm doing well against established players; notice me!" thing going for them.

Also, I've noticed people think that the pro league should be expanded to 12 teams- why? So that all of the players deemed worthy get to participate? That makes sense by itself, but the only problem would be that, barring some unforeseen crazy shit, no team will get relegated. The bottom pro teams would play against the top AM teams.... stomp them, and the league would remain the same.

There's no excitement there. I'd argue that making sure there is actual movement in the league WILL generate excitement.

Also consider that, should a pro team be "relegated," they may want to split and find greener pastures.... giving some of those AM players/teams who made a name for themselves a chance to break out.

Food for thought. I know nothing about anything.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Need game settings Intel now. 

PAX will use the same settings and maps as the Halo World Championship. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

This was better than I expected to be honest. They have planned well in advance and one has to think that there will be a Fall season as well. The 1M min for Worlds next year is HUGE. Inb4 the speculation of Formal and enable coming back. Hey, I were them I would Play H5 once Black Ops3 is over or they wait in the dark for Cod next game and season. 

Pax East last year was awesome because it had such a big crowd, looking forward to seeing that again.

Top 8 or Bust. 

NO, NO COACH WHY DID U PLANT THIS SEED IN MY BRAIN NO WHY

• Upvote (+1) 1

Need game settings Intel now. 

This this.  and the tourney structure.  Single or double elim?

Some in depth details about EU Pro League would make a lot of players and teams utterly thankful!

• Upvote (+1) 3

This this. and the tourney structure. Single or double elim?

Maybe even a hcs playlist?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Its crazy how much money is being dumped into pro league, and we still have shit gametypes being made, and no hcs playlist.

yea, now would also be a perfect time to debate if sprint belongs in h5, and whether bloom in Reach added a skill gap

enjoy the announcements dude

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pro League sounds awesome and excited for qualifiers too. Don't think that there should be 6 European teams to 8 NA teams though. I'd see more of a 10-4 NA split, but anywho lets go!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I'm not too familiar with Pro Leagues and such, but does the CoD Pro League use a single elim bracket? Or is it double elim? I remember lots of people complaining about the past tourneys being single elimination.

Their recent COD pro league playoffs were single elimination, which I think makes sense since seeding is determined over the months of the pro league (2 games against each of the other 11 teams for COD) rather than a handful of online qualifiers.

"Xbox and 343 will allow teams that don't qualify for the pro league to play in an open circuit. Those teams will earn points across multiple events hosted by different tournament organizers and have a chance to relegate the bottom two in each pro league"

So this may mean that MLG will still be involved with halo? HYPE

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'd rahter have team skins now then before, with all the roster changes going down you could've ended up paying for a skin you didn't want anymore lol

Lol it's likely going to be random.

Listening to lecture < TeamBeyond pro league hype

Fun fact: I'm in a class about Journalism right now and we are supposed to be writing a story to recap a speech.

I was typing faster than anyone in the class but they didn't know about the

:dank:  :intel:

I should probably find out what this speech is about though...

• Upvote (+1) 6

Also, I was told, (in a matchmaking game during my stream) that I need to post more on Beyond lol.

This is me posting more. Two is enough. ;P

9797598.gif

Never enough.

• Upvote (+1) 5

there's plenty of action for AMs

TWO open pro league spots

and challenger league after pro league is decided, grind to top 2 and you got a shot at the pro league

that seem's like plenty of opportunity to me

• Upvote (+1) 1