CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What did you expect from a guy that was on a Team called "Shady Halo Kids" . #onceshadyalwaysshady

Shady_Halo_Kids.png

IIRC Shady Halo Kids was formed after SQ dropped Ace and Elamite for Royal 2 and Snakebite, and Best Man and Hysteria dropped from another team at the last minute as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

IIRC Shady Halo Kids was formed after SQ dropped Ace and Elamite for Royal 2 and Snakebite, and Best Man and Hysteria dropped from another team at the last minute as well. 

I was just making a joke. I am aware they formed because they were all dropped last minute.

• Upvote (+1) 2

370 pages, and Pro League details havent even been announced yet. So proud of you guys :laugh:

• Upvote (+1) 1

370 pages, and Pro League hasnt even been announced yet. So proud of you guys :laugh:

Pro League was announced a long time ago.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Plug for Jimbo's Bronze to Champ series:

By far the most interesting thing for me about these series is watching bronze players  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I can't even use "Best Online Performers", because that'd be the players with the highest k/d, ka/d, etc online. Not the players on the other end of LAN difference spectrum.

oh damn thats true, yeah idt there's a truly nice way to portray it

it might soften the blow if instead of making a nice graphic like you normally do (which then gets tossed around on twitter by pros), you could just post a plain list of names on here. Also wouldn't blame you if you decided not to post it at all

CLG - Royal2, Lethul, Snakebite, Frosty

EG - Snipedown, Roy, LBX, Suspector

RNG - Penguin, Commonly, Ninja, VictoryX

CrP - Cratos, Shooter, Bubu Dubu, Huke

Optic - Flamesword, Maniac, Ace, Naded

TL? - APG, Spartan, Eco, Stellur

Denial - Contra, Predevonator, Ryanoob, Goofy

These are either confirmed or look likely.

Not sure how they stack up to Worlds rosters

• Upvote (+1) 5

Be honest you would watch it. I would. 

I watched Nadeshot clean his room...  Of course I would watch this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

little off topic, looking for an active spartan company with some arena grinders. halp.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Might be worth adding nV to that list. Their line up is looking pretty likely too

I can just imagine the mattress and pillow unboxings that Ace could put on his channel. Hopefully we get some :dank: reviews on Tempur Pedic and Sleep Number, been trying to find a new mattress for a while now.

OpTic Napping

#NAPWALL

• Upvote (+1) 3

Plug for Jimbo's Bronze to Champ series:

By far the most interesting thing for me about these series is watching bronze players  :walshy:

Like he starts out going for a 100% accuracy and gets a perfection... they are sooo bad it makes me cry. 

@@W0uld you're a Ninja sub, right?  The Ninja Army has 15/32 on the way to Achilles right now, although it might be full at the moment.  Usually hovers around 98-100 members.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Might be worth adding nV to that list. Their line up is looking pretty likely too

nV is 100% confirmed. The org made an announcement and everything.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If everyone else is scrimming and you don't scrim because there is no pro league details, you are going to be behind everyone else. Teams need to scrim a lot. EG was looking very good before they took a break and now they lost a lot of the momentum they had gained. "There's no pro league intel" is a terrible reason to not scrim. Teams like OpTic didn't scrim at the beginning of H5 because there wasn't anything released and see how that turned out.

Did they say that's why they didn't scrim because i'm pretty sure they planned a couple days off.  Even if that is why they took a couple days off, i fail to see what the problem is.

Seriously everybody needs to watch the video with Towey and Snipedown explaining what happened to EG at/after Worlds.  He mentions how much they were playing and watching film every damn day for weeks and just not improving.  Its pretty obvious that they got burned out and were overthinking it.

Every professional athlete takes time off.  you HAVE to.  Sure, Halo players don't need time to let their bodies recover, but they certainly need time for their minds to recover and to avoid thinking "Damnit, we have to do this again today??"  Sure they looked rusty for a bit but they still won the series 8-5 and 4 in a row at the end. 

When pro-league starts it would behoove teams to look at the schedule and pick probably 1 day a week that they take off anyway.  Being pointed and efficient with your practice time is going to start being more important than straight up grinding for most of the pro-bracket teams.  When the league is FINALLY FUCKING announced, its not like they are going to say "and it starts RIGHT NOW!!".  There will probably be a few weeks for teams to grind their hearts out. Keeping yourself in a good mental state is a smart thing to do.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You forgot NV

• Upvote (+1) 1