CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

any sneaky player and players who are smart with flanks will do way better without radar. Ryanoob esp i think

• Upvote (+1) 3

Interesting. I can definitely see ogre 2 but what makes you say ninja would improve with no radar?

They benefit for completely different reasons, which I think is cool. 2gre improves because he has a much better mental game than most people, he's been playing for so long he lives and breathes Halo. Ninja improves because he's a hyperagressive player, so the lack of radar allows him to make kickass flanks and really catch people off guard. We'll really see Ninja shine if radar is removed, I think. This game is so fast and allows for such movement that Ninja will out 1v1 anyone in the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

ryanoob: sprint + no radar = flanks for days

I agree that ryanoob would be great with no radar. I also think Pistola would improve vastly with no radar.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

We should probably have sprint (and possibly abilities) showing on radar. Kinda dislike the idea of people just sprinting to the other side of map undetected.

Maybe, but sprinting does punish you in that you can't shoot while you're doing it so if you're taken by surprise (more likely without radar) you can be in trouble.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They benefit for completely different reasons, which I think is cool. 2gre improves because he has a much better mental game than most people, he's been playing for so long he lives and breathes Halo. Ninja improves because he's a hyperagressive player, so the lack of radar allows him to make kickass flanks and really catch people off guard. We'll really see Ninja shine if radar is removed, I think. This game is so fast and allows for such movement that Ninja will out 1v1 anyone in the game.

Yeah, I definitely think that there are some players like Ogre 2 and Lunchbox who might not have Royal 2-like accuracy but they can compensate with intelligence. I'd tend to think players like them would benefit a lot with no radar.

We should probably have sprint (and possibly abilities) showing on radar. Kinda dislike the idea of people just sprinting to the other side of map undetected.

I agree. The most annoying part from my experience with radar is how many situations you get into that you can't finish what should be an easy kill because your opponent just radar hugs around a pillar. It removes anticipation skills and slow the game down. I also hate how you can't make sneaky lower map flanks... it makes it a lot easier for a team to focus their concentration on specific map areas and need not worry about a flank. I still think players would maintain their skill levels, it would just make the game much more enjoyable. Camping doors with autos would also hopefully have a reduction in effectiveness

• Upvote (+1) 4

Interesting. I can definitely see ogre 2 but what makes you say ninja would improve with no radar?

Ninja did very well in the Team Beyond 2v2 yesterday where there was no radar. His aggressive play style allowed him to push more without there being to much of a setback (being noticed on radar). Thus no radar in competitive play would give him a better advantage to be a pesky flanker. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone watching the multiplay finals? The CS finals got delayed so all the CS fans are showing up in the Halo stream and boy are they pissed

• Upvote (+1) 5

Anyone watching the multiplay finals? The CS finals got delayed so all the CS fans are showing up in the Halo stream and boy are they pissed

Whoa, you're not wrong. The :salt:  is too much.

This is all the chat is right now lol

621f7c0d2ced8ea38d9ee3241d288513.png

This i57 chat got filled with CSGO kids, so everyone started spamming that the CSGO event got cancelled. Halo cancer>CSGO cancer.

Congrats to epsilon for the perfect event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lethul said that Naded is pretty much for sure on Optic, and he said that Penguin is on TL.

OMG yes. This is perfect. Please don't be trolling, Kingthul  :lxthul:

Edit: He said that's "what he'd like". Commonly, Ace, APG, Penguin

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lethul said that Naded is pretty much for sure on Optic, and he said that Penguin is on TL.

Yes intel! Can we stop talking about fucking rep now?

• Upvote (+1) 1

OMG yes. This is perfect. Please don't be trolling, Kingthul  :lxthul:

We've heard that from multiple people now, only can hope its true! I wonder who their fourth would be?  :walshy:

Does this mean Heinz is on renegades?

no, its heinz apg ace and penguin now

• Downvote (-1) 1

no, its heinz apg ace and penguin now

Though Lxthul said he'd "like Commonly" on TL. Didn't mention Heinz, only APG, Ace, & Penguin.