CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

1. Every time someone negs more than 2 of your posts, you make a big whiny post about how the guy must be a sad soul and he hates fun and how it's so funny to see and blah blah blah

2. The reason I know you think I have a vendetta against you is because you literally accused me of it the last time we interacted.

1. I have only done this twice on 2 ppl that seemed to have been serial negging, not random.

2. This was literally after you posted a meme calling me out for the same thing. If you want to continue this, slide into my DMs man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heinz hasn't always been an aggressive player, but he's adjusted his play style for this game. Ninja was talking about how 2gre would need to play aggressive if they picked him up. Heinz could very well be a better fit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

By the way the hot Intel flying around i57 at the moment is that observer mode is built for dev kits only for the foreseeable future. Real kick in the teeth for community events if this is the case.

It's amazing how this is the perfect time to grow the local community and still not grow it.

Would be awesome to run a Beyond LAN tourney but everything points to no.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Comeback Candidates - what players who underperformed / under-placed do you see coming back strong? Here's my list of big names with * by players I think will jump back into the limelight:

ryanoob*

shooter

randa

fis*

ogre2

t2*

flamesword*

maniac*

goofy

str8 sick

ola

mikwen

• Upvote (+1) 1

Comeback Candidates - what players who underperformed / under-placed do you see coming back strong? Here's my list of big names with * by players I think will jump back into the limelight:

ryanoob*

fis*

t2*

flamesword*

maniac*

Any reasoning behind why you think these 5 will come back strong?

Heinz hasn't always been an aggressive player, but he's adjusted his play style for this game. Ninja was talking about how 2gre would need to play aggressive if they picked him up. Heinz could very well be a better fit.

Definitely think he'd be a better fit, though if Optic APG + Ace happened, we could lose TL sponsor  :wutface:

ryanoob*

shooter

randa

fis*

ogre2

t2*

flamesword*

maniac*

goofy

str8 sick

As far as established names who didn't make Worlds go,

Ryanoob, Shooter, Ogre2, Mikwen, Pistola, Str8 Sick, Nemassist, Aries

FIS as a wildcard. Maniac could do it but he'd have to either leave Optic or build a real team around himself.

ryanoob*

shooter

randa

fis*

ogre2

t2*

flamesword*

maniac*

goofy

str8 sick

ola

mikwen

Well I don't think Maniac and Flame ever left the limelight. They're probably the most talked about duo on here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Observer mode was clearly designed to be used during the Pro League. I'd be shocked if it's not part of the next update. 343 wouldn't develop it if it was only going to be used at 3 LAN events per year.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Any reasoning behind why you think these 5 will come back strong?

long hanging fruit really.

I think the optic brand will attract top talent, allowing maniac and flamesword to compete on a more successful, visible platform.

FIS is too good to not at least be on a top 16 team, his networking among newer players is his biggest problem.

T2 impresses me on stream with his professionalism in game - very polished. It has to be an asset to some team... although he'll have to build with upcoming talent ala Naded. Make no mistake, I could see him on a borderline top 8 team not a clear cut 2nd best team like ALG.

Ryanoob has always found a way to mold his gameplay to fit the mechanics of a given halo. Blind trust.

Well I don't think Maniac and Flame ever left the limelight. They're probably the most talked about duo on here.

limelight might have been the wrong term. Relevant as competitors. Right now they're just "gaming lifestyle personalities".

• Upvote (+1) 2

People I could see falling OUT of the NA top 8 this season -

Cratos (unfortunately, as he's definitely a top 4 player)

Naded (especially if he ends up on Optic)

Huke

PreDevoNatoR

Swift Kill

Calm

Rayne (if he splits from Penguin)

Ace

Cloud

Danoxide

Assault

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Observer mode was clearly designed to be used during the Pro League. I'd be shocked if it's not part of the next update. 343 wouldn't develop it if it was only going to be used at 3 LAN events per year.

Yeah because 343 clearly always knows what they're doing

During worlds bravo made it seem like it would be for events only, I hope not

I hope Heinz is a serious consideration for RNG.  

I'd much rather a Ninja, VicX, Commonly, Heinz, roster over the other considerations so far.  

But still holding out for Spartan to come back and give RNG another shot now with Commonly back in the picture.  

People I could see falling OUT of the NA top 8 this season -

Cratos (unfortunately, as he's definitely a top 4 player)

Naded (especially if he ends up on Optic)

Bubu dubu

PreDevoNatoR

Swift Kill

Calm

Rayne (if he splits from Penguin)

Ace

Cloud

Danoxide

Assault

Puzzled by quite a few names on this list. 

1) Bubudubu + Predev are the two best players on Denial IMO, and they seem to be sticking together.

2) Rayne is 95% likely to team with Mikwen & Ola. Even if Penguin doesn't join them, can't see this team not making T8 (especially since Mikwola were the two best on Regionals nV).

3) Assault really played well at Worlds - was best player on C9 IMO, and people like teaming with him - he has a great personality. 

4) Ace is always a popular pickup for a fourth (ex: H2A EG). Plus, he had a pretty good Worlds except for that snipe choke. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Not sure why I put bubu, I was thinking Huke. I stand by everyone else. My list assumes a roster hurricane where everything that's been suggested so far is thrown out the window which I think will happen.

I'm not necessarily saying these players are bad but there are only 30 spots in the top 8 and a lot of hungry people outside it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not sure why I put bubu, I was thinking Huke. I stand by everyone else. My list assumes a roster hurricane where everything that's been suggested so far is thrown out the window which I think will happen.

I'm not necessarily saying these players are bad but there are only 30 spots in the top 8 and a lot of hungry people outside it.

I just assumed you were trolling with that list.  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Puzzled by quite a few names on this list.

1) Bubudubu + Predev are the two best players on Denial IMO, and they seem to be sticking together.

2) Rayne is 95% likely to team with Mikwen & Ola. Even if Penguin doesn't join them, can't see this team not making T8 (especially since Mikwola were the two best on Regionals nV).

3) Assault really played well at Worlds - was best player on C9 IMO, and people like teaming with him - he has a great personality.

4) Ace is always a popular pickup for a fourth (ex: H2A EG). Plus, he had a pretty good Worlds except for that snipe choke.

Devon is rumoured to be more dedicated to Smite than he is Halo. Even if Denial's core sticks together I could see them dropping him if that continues.

I really think Penguin will be a prize pickup for a team seeking a 4th (Denial? Contra once called him the best player in the game) and unfortunately Rayne will get lost in the mix.

Assault, Danoxide, Cloud and Ace are all great players but i just don't see them as shoe-ins for top 8 this season. They could make it, but they have their work cut out for them.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ryanoob*

shooter

randa

fis*

ogre2

t2*

flamesword*

maniac*

goofy

str8 sick

ola

mikwen

same but put coby swift in there. made top 8 at h2a worlds and is solid at this game. 

Top 5 Teams Right Now Going into Season 2

1. Cummie Logic Gaming - nobody in the game more important to this community than lethal and his squad, what he did to create this team was pure magic, this is his community right now and the man truly is Hesienlethal.

2. Denial - best team not named clg, took multiple games off them recently on lan, and didn't let them score 3 caps in the CTF's, games ended due to clock run out not score. unlimited upside. all 4 of them shoot better than anyone except clg. they are for real on lan, really not sure how they lost to elevate but they ended up shitting after that. 

3. EG - Suspenders is really the missing piece that they've been looking for. this kid is really nice, he has a relaxed nature and no chip on his shoulder that some of these guys seem to have. hes at ease and his movement and decision making are truely better than anyone in the game. hes probably the best player in the game right now, he might be able to single handedly carry eg back. eg was a sinking ship and he is guiding them back to the shore. this kids the real deal. 

4. Allegiance Remodeled - The town might have stolen allegiance from naded, but he did it the best way possible. he put together a decent little squad, unlegit had a nice tournament, spartan and stellur are beasts, if he can run objective and flags, they will be pretty good. easily top 5. 

5. Elevate - not sure who to put at 5. lot of teams up in the air, nothing in particular that makes you think they could be real contenders. so elevate lands here if they stick together, they're a shoe in for top 5 (closer to 5 than 1)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8