CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

is FiS good at H5? His first season was disastrous on paper. 

He was playing pretty damn well from what I could see, but we are talking about running 4s in matchmaking.

If RNG/TSM were to pick him up I'd be pretty confused.

He has drastically improved. I dontnknow that he makes Renegades better than Commonly does, but he definitely isnt a liability like he was in season 1. I wouldnt be disappointed if he was on Renegades.b And i say that as a staunch FiS hater.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

RNG is just Ninja and Victory for now. Things could change as nothing is set in stone. Ninja and Victory have been running games with 2gre and Commonly this week.

Nothing will be official until contracts are signed and the org/players release a statement.

What do you think would be a better choice. Commonly or FiS?

Optic will be fine with BOTH Maniac + Flamesword competing. Stellur is getting there, but he doesn't 100% play winning halo. Tiberious has mentioned his neighbor-like abilities in this regard. I watched RNG move from a team with Commonly (with Spartan and Ninja putting up big numbers) to a team with Stellur... and they were clearly worse. Stellur put up huge stats but his net impact on the team tells the real story. Ninja's numbers went down. Victory's numbers went down. More importantly, they weren't winning games quite like they were previously.

Maniac and Flamesword still have it. They weren't placing top 6 too long ago in H2A. My personal opinion is APG can't resist seeing the success Maniac has seen under the Optic brand. Adding APG will give that team legitimacy and make finding a solid forth a lot easier. Naded would do the same thing, I just see APG as more likely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you think would be a better choice. Commonly or FiS?

Spartanthedogg

I just want the duo back  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 7

FiS very likely would've made it to Regionals. But, if people remember correctly one of the online cups FiS' team (along with many others), were not able to participate because the ESL check-in glitched out.

This cost FiS potentially a lot of points. This factored into him not being picked up by a team because he had a lot less points (teams like Optic, Laser Focused, etc.)

He is by no means a bad player. He got screwed when Hysteria/VicX left, and could never land on a team that fit (or decided not to fit him due to lack of points).

He has definitely closed the "gap" a bit between him and other pros, and with everyone starting from scratch, he'll definitely get onto a team that will compete.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Picking FiS over Commonly would be a questionable move.. it would only make sense from a personal point of view of Ninja etc.

edit: Not saying FiS is bad, but I think Commonly is better in H5 and has proved himself in H5 already

• Upvote (+1) 2

In Ninja's stream last night he also talked about others. He said he and Victory X had reached out to nearly everyone.

He also said he had the most fun playing with the team of Victory X, Ogre 2 and FearItSelf.

It's pretty open ended at the moment though.

He also said FiS was a wildcard though and didn't know about that as a roster, just the most fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He also said FiS was a wildcard though and didn't know about that as a roster, just the most fun.

He also said 2gre was a wildcard.

Which is when I lol'ed for a good 5 minutes

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's very true.

In all honesty a lot of the things he said last night were pretty interesting. Plus we also got that amazing Hysteria impression.

That's very true.

In all honesty a lot of the things he said last night were pretty interesting. Plus we also got that amazing Hysteria impression.

you mean Crysteria  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It would be interesting to know what compensation Optic gives its players. Do they pay monthly salary like other companies?

I've heard on a few occasions they don't.

Never from a source directly within OpTic, though.  Always hearsay.

Hecz openly says that maniac and flame don't make a salary, instead he provides them with the atmosphere to produce content and a place to grind their game to be successful.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm just hoping for Intel about Season 2 for god sake. Team changes and potential rosters might stir me but waiting for actual information on the league is the big thing.

What happened to the halo multiplay stream? Such low numbers viewing this so sad to see when the HS is like 30k... xbox really failed everywhere but NA.

What happened to the halo multiplay stream? Such low numbers viewing this so sad to see when the HS is like 20k... xbox really failed everywhere but NA.

To be honest Halo hasn't always been big in the EU, and even our universities video gaming society was taking no interest in the Halo scene for Worlds, or even this as quite a local event. It just doesnt seem to appeal. Its bollocks really.

Whats wrong with the colors? Looks like an indoor Burger King playground.

We could always go back to H:Reach gray.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

To be honest Halo hasn't always been big in the EU, and even our universities video gaming society was taking no interest in the Halo scene for Worlds, or even this as quite a local event. It just doesnt seem to appeal. Its bollocks really.

Yes it's sad, if any UK guys wanna grab some games I float between mid diamond and onyx GT : featherzhalo