CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do people really think this high of Optic Halo where they think people are set for life once joining them?

So many people have left Optic Halo over the years and it wasn't worth it to many of them. Lifestyle streamed with Optic branding all over his stream and averaged 40 viewers. Can someone fill me in on this because this cliché is so confusing to me. The money you get from Optic Halo is no where near what you can get for a 1st or 2nd place finish. Stellur left, lifestyle left, ace left, etc. I think their impact on individuals in the Halo scene is severely overestimated.

Naded is already one of halo's largest streamers, he has an established following and brand, Lifestyle has none of those hence why joining optic did not really benefit him. Lifestyle and Chaser were not established enough for the optic brand to really benefit them, they have no real presence on Youtube or any other other social media platform which is how optic players tend to grow unless you are formal and rely solely on your game play and twitter to establish your brand (it has worked perfectly well for him).

Naded is considered one of the top pro's, has a large YouTube, twitter and twitch following (relative to halo anyway) this provides Naded which a massive opportunity, there is a realistic chance that he can become a full time streamer and be successful doing it, hell flamesword pulled what 23,000 for the last online qualifier and he has nowhere near as large of a following as Naded, that shows the power of the optic brand.

I think it is a step down for naded in terms of a competitive team but it provides him with  the possibility of making a more steady stream of revenue for him if he was successful, (which as long as he does the streaming and YouTube grind he will be), then Naded and his personnel brand has the potential to blow up.

so I think this is extremely beneficial for both parties, optic gets arguably one of Halo's top three personalities of (ACTIVE players) and Naded gets a massive platform that he can potentially exploit.

EDIT: And Ace did not stream or create enough content for it to really benefit him, which was moronic, as he was the global champ, joining optic does not automatically mean more followers, you still have to grind, you still have to create content and stream regularly which ace did neither of hence why he did not see the same success as flame or Maniac. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cratos, Lifestyle, Ryanoob, Shooter.

Been running games all night.

Lifestyle also said he had a squad in Ninja's chat earlier.

Never thought I'd see the day where Ryanoob & Cratos are on the same team, given how much smack they talk about each other  :apg:

Cratos "Ryanoob fucking sucks at H5" Ayala  :lxthul:

I feel like the sud hate is getting out of hand. Yeah they were shit heads when they were younger but when I speak to them personally they seem chill. Maybe that's just me idk. I feel like hating on them could really could be fucking with their heads at this point, nobody needs to be hated this much, they just want to play Halo

Well, its just like they are this extremely long running inside joke in the Halo scene since the old MLG Forum days.

I myself don't hate them, I don't know them to 'hate' them.

But, from what I've seen in terms of skill, they are very sub par players in comparison to the top tier pro players.  Watching them I've seen they have Poor Reaction time/Map movement and average shots.  Not to be crude, but they remind me of try hards in MM.  I guess if they decided to work on their skills/reputation way more then they would have better luck finding consistent teammates.  Because they generally get(I have no idea how at times either) these 2 really great teammates, who outshine them in competitive situations and then move on to bigger and better things( Contra and Frosty are 2 relatively recent names I can mention.)  I feel like the only reason that they may have ever placed 8th or anything close to it is because the lack of attention the scene was getting, and that was them at their peak all the while Halo probably had its smallest talent pool population.  And now with the chances that the scene is going to grow at any pace, they are probably going to get blown away by up and comers because they are too busy arguing and fist fighting on stream to get anything serious done.  They should be spending more time turning "they got reality checked" into something that isn't just a blatant insult.  

But what do I know?  I just post moving pictures of people shrugging

giphy.gif

Edit:  @@RyRev = @@Necrev with the constant hate. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I thought it was established that APG was whiter than tissue paper. You know he won't get into fights like these. 

Kappa. 

I thought it was established that correlating color with "getting into fights" is pretty tacky.

In other words

8gc4JYc.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

Does a team that can beat CLG exist? I think so. Here is my best bet.

Roy Snipedown, Ace, Naded?

i say naded because i feel he is an upgrade from Lunch and Ace because he is consistent, but tbh im over "emotional" players who are only good when they are pumped up.

Roy Snipedown Apg,Ace

this would be a team that could beat clg maybe because APG would try his ass off to beat Lxthul,

I dont know if a team consisting of anyone other than roy and snipedown could do it. Also not sure how the roybox combo could ever split up.

maybe Traaap was a dick, but I must say, none of these make a ton of sense....

for one, consider the fact that EG's three best players right now are Snipedown/Roy/Suspector, and Suspector is better than every other player you put up there. From there, you'd need to have a discussion about LBX. I'm of the opinion that real life was (if not "is) getting in the way. His crazy talent is obviously still there, as evidenced by X Games, and Roy said Lunch is really hungry for redepmtion after Worlds. I can only hope that means he hits the ground running.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Championship Sunday for the Mutliplay Insomnia 57 EU Tournament is live!

https://www.twitch.tv/multiplay_halo

@@Batchford should make it to the finals tune in to see the Scottish Proclaimer in action!

YJV4lKq.gif

Yes. Yes he did walk 500 miles.

eVrr5ck.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

tune in  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:  :prayers:

bracket https://battlefy.com/greatredshift/insomnia57-halo-5-open/56eea3c75e86a58012d029c1/stage/56f6768132231a8712d47c6d/bracket/

• Upvote (+1) 3

This next match is actually going to be awesome. When Enraged (Batch's team) played Movement last night, I believe the series ended 3-2. Who knows, perhaps the loss of morale from playing Epsilon will hurt Enraged, or perhaps Batchford will just dominate again like he did last night. Buk 57 said in the chat that he thinks Batchford has potential to be a top player.

Next time on Dragon Ball Z... Seriously though, go watch this stream, Wonderboy is casting and it's awesome. https://www.twitch.tv/multiplay_halo

Also come on guys, I took a two day break and there's a new thread with 30 pages, plus catching up on the rest of the old thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can I be one to defend the sheer brightness of the map for Torque.

As a ginger which practically makes me allergic to sunlight, I never get more excited than the prospects of finally being able to get a sun tan, and I can do it in the comfort of a gaming chair at home. 343 you get my thanks.

As a fellow ginger, I couldn't agree more.  Now all my friends don't even notice how blindingly white I am. Thanks 343!

But for the love of god, remove Torque.

Being that annoying guy who doesn't read older pages for my answer. I was under the impression 2gre was teaming with Ninja but on the front page 2gre is a free agent? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Being that annoying guy who doesn't read older pages for my answer. I was under the impression 2gre was teaming with Ninja but on the front page 2gre is a free agent? 

Mods have decided not to update front page until "official" announcements - i.e. announcements by the org.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mods have decided not to update front page until "official" announcements - i.e. announcements by the org.

Oh right, that makes sense. Is RnG Ninj 2gre Victory and... ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sick team!

In Ninja's stream last night he also talked about others. He said he and Victory X had reached out to nearly everyone.

He also said he had the most fun playing with the team of Victory X, Ogre 2 and FearItSelf.

It's pretty open ended at the moment though.

In Ninja's stream last night he also talked about others. He said he and Victory X had reached out to nearly everyone.

He also said he had the most fun playing with the team of Victory X, Ogre 2 and FearItSelf.

It's pretty open ended at the moment though.

is FiS good at H5? His first season was disastrous on paper. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh right, that makes sense. Is RnG Ninj 2gre Victory and... ?

RNG is just Ninja and Victory for now. Things could change as nothing is set in stone. Ninja and Victory have been running games with 2gre and Commonly this week. 

Nothing will be official until contracts are signed and the org/players release a statement.