CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I mean if we're being objectively honest with ourselves, Maniac's vlogs are pretty terrible. The only quality is his camera itself. Hecz makes vlogs as well and they're actually informative and entertaining (IMO) so let's not act like it's a "vlog" so it's gotta be dull as fuck.

If Maniac took the time to make the quality of vlogs that Hecz or Hitch make, then he would have even less time to grind, which would lead to everyone on here bitching about him and Optic not playing even more. He's a professional video game player, he doesn't do cool or exciting things like a Casey Neistat does. So he vlogs his everyday life, hate on him if you want, but silly vlogs and challenge videos are a large reason why COD is where its at, and lack of content is a big reason halo is where its at. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Has anyone been able to test this yet to see what type of alert is triggered by the ping?  

Would be interested to know if it's visual regarding name tags / player outlines or if it's an audible ping that announces your map location.

At first I thought this was just for warzone but now I see it's in Arena as well.  Wonder if they intend for this function to be included in the competitive settings.

Was just about to post the exact same thing. The first thing that came to my mind was a visual ping, but others have implied it's audio.

I won't be able to try it out until this evening so just curious if anyone has tried it yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's hope that if RNG has a bad scrim vs CLG, they don't just split up. Judging how your brand new team does against the not so rusty reigning champions and rage splitting would be silly.

I don't see it happening but teams have done it before (ALG 2.0)

I think the main difference between the ALG team and RNG was that ALG formed without even running games, and when they found out the team didn't work they split. At least RNG has been running games for longer together so they have that going for them. 

But it is Competitive Halo and teams have split for less.

• Upvote (+1) 1

R.I.P. "On my X".

I know right...  "On my ping" sounds a bit sexual.

#ILikeIt

• Upvote (+1) 6

Anyone who missed Naded's "LETS GO" comeback into zoom-in dab dance with music while running arena alone last night needs to see it. Honestly the dude made me laugh so fucking much and gives me hope that our viewers will skyrocket with him being a part of Optic. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja "i think naded going to optic was the right move for naded but not the right move for optic, if they want to wiiiiiiiiin"

Ninja"i dont know who will be their (optics) 4th, i think stellur might fall there" 

• Upvote (+1) 2

this is another thing about K/D

you have to look into what teams that player played 

it would be awesome if some math genius could find a way to weight K/D based on what teams you played

Agreed, an "Adjusted KD" is a good starting point for deeper stats.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja"hard to tell about eg i think they have already improved from last night, i was watching the scrims"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed, an "Adjusted KD" is a good starting point for deeper stats.

How would you determine strength of schedule though? Scrim results, where teams may not be giving their all? A team's placing last season, where the format didn't really give a full description? What benchmark would you use?

Ninja"hard to tell about eg i think they have already improved from last night, i was watching the scrims"

I'd have to agree, EG looked damn good last night. Not as great as CLG, because they kept having poor starts to matches, but they were able to utilize small talk and good teamwork mid to late game to close out multiple comebacks. It's looking good from here on if EG keeps up this improvement.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone who missed Naded's "LETS GO" comeback into zoom-in dab dance with music while running arena alone last night needs to see it. Honestly the dude made me laugh so fucking much and gives me hope that our viewers will skyrocket with him being a part of Optic. 

Do you have a link to it? Would love to see it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think CLG will show much rust if any. All have been playing halo since worlds. Only one I don't see on at least consistently has been Royal2. They are the only team to not have team changes. They won't need to be adapting to new players on their squad like other teams. I see a 10-5 CLG win. RNG should be please with an outcome like this facing CLG for the first time.

You're giving RNG 5 wins in this series???? Hell I thought I was gracious thinking they would win 1, at the very most 2.

Can we petition for a final kill-cam? Only at the end tho lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think Reality Check would make room :kappa:

**For real though, doesn't seem like Spartan should have an issue getting on a contending squad, he has to be getting offers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still disagree but at least that's more understandable than saying ogre 2 is better than Lunch. All I can suggest is that you get more Lbx gameplay in your life and specifically watch his movement and the routes he takes. Night and day compared to 2gre.

I've watched a lot of Lunchbox gameplay and I've seen his movement/routes and I just honestly don't think there's much of a difference between them in h5. I think the roles they both play in h5 are near identical and I haven't seen much a gap in their respective shooting skill.

I know, right? This is what my living room looks like right now.

rHVqCbm.png

This made me laugh...now theirs water on my desk and a couple confused coworkers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fixed server crashes surrounding picking up powerups

Fixed a bug that made picking up powerups impossible

Let's gooooooooo

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Reality Check would make room :kappa:

I think any team outside of the top-4 would. EG/CLG/RNG seem to be the only teams happy with their roster.

I know, right? This is what my living room looks like right now.

rHVqCbm.png

Really all this does it point all signs back to a name known as "Pepe Silvia" but there is no Pepe Silvia. He doesn't exist.

• Upvote (+1) 7