CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do people really think this high of Optic Halo where they think people are set for life once joining them?

So many people have left Optic Halo over the years and it wasn't worth it to many of them. Lifestyle streamed with Optic branding all over his stream and averaged 40 viewers. Can someone fill me in on this because this cliché is so confusing to me. The money you get from Optic Halo is no where near what you can get for a 1st or 2nd place finish. Stellur left, lifestyle left, ace left, etc. I think their impact on individuals in the Halo scene is severely overestimated.

You have to move into the house to get the real juice (which is kind of hard considering they're all out of rooms, unless someone was to move into the new CS house they're getting...although then you're a bit separated from the real members who will "grow" your brand).

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's this obsession with Flamesword coaching? See it a ton over on /r/opticgaming but it seems to be bleeding onto beyond now too. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

You have to move into the house to get the real juice (which is kind of hard considering they're all out of rooms, unless someone was to move into the new CS house they're getting...although then you're a bit separated from the real members who will "grow" your brand).

There is on room left in the house actually. The little sun room in the basement. Hecz said its being turned into a guest room for now but you never know.

What's this obsession with Flamesword coaching? See it a ton over on /r/opticgaming but it seems to be bleeding onto beyond now too. 

I guess people just really want him to coach, I don't think it is going to happen though. If FS grinds he can be a good player, just needs to put in the time.

Yeah idk why, I've trying to tell the people over there that he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be. When he actually plays he's not bad.

His elite skill is always touted as his communication and map knowledge which could be something that translates well to being a coach.

He won't leave OpTic so in theory he could be coach and still involved with Halo. Then the team could get a better player as their 4th.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Part of it is that his strengths as a player can be accentuated more from being able to see all 4 monitors -- he does a lot of shotcalling when he plays, telling players where to go and what to do.

Another part of it is that he's never been known for having a dominant shot -- more as a selfless player whose communication is his biggest asset... and in Halo 5, the individual skill gap is pretty pronounced and very clearly important for being able to win games... so taking Flamesword's strengths and putting them in the coach's position allows them to instead put more firepower on the team.

I think he's fine to continue competing if that's what he loves to do, but I think he'd be more successful as a coach.

Good points. He could easily translate as a great coach, and would probably be the best option for the team but I don't believe he is going to give it up just yet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do people really think this high of Optic Halo where they think people are set for life once joining them?

So many people have left Optic Halo over the years and it wasn't worth it to many of them. Lifestyle streamed with Optic branding all over his stream and averaged 40 viewers. Can someone fill me in on this because this cliché is so confusing to me. The money you get from Optic Halo is no where near what you can get for a 1st or 2nd place finish. Stellur left, lifestyle left, ace left, etc. I think their impact on individuals in the Halo scene is severely overestimated.

Maniac joined optic and got 100k youtube subscribers in months. Even if he leaves optic he will always make money from youtube videos if he stays on the grind.

People need to stop complaining about "EGOs" is halo. If you are good, people will find you, if you ask to play with people you know are better than you, you will get turned down. It's like asking an NBA player to come play pickup basketball, not worth the time, does not make them better. The only way to get better is to grind. People notice, pros notice. Hell even stream snipe pros and try and match them. Just don't choke when the time comes. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pit is undoubtably one of the best maps in competitive halo history. The remakes have been really cool in previous games, but I just don't see it being a fit in this game. Let that map go down as a top 5 map in Halo history if not higher. With the speed and abilities, I don't think it would play as well as the others. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

People need to stop complaining about "EGOs" is halo. If you are good, people will find you, if you ask to play with people you know are better than you, you will get turned down. It's like asking an NBA player to come play pickup basketball, not worth the time, does not make them better. The only way to get better is to grind. People notice, pros notice. Hell even stream snipe pros and try and match them. Just don't choke when the time comes. 

I completely agree to an extent. EGO's will always exist, some of my great friends in the community have enormous ego's from older success in past titles. But this is the ONE Halo that I believe is full of unknown gods. If there was ever a time to find teammates with skill that aren't known it's this one. If you're being ego'd, look no further than the high ranked champion players who clearly grind, and win games. If they search alone and win, they're clearly skilled. If they got to Champion with teams of 4, odds are they have a solid network of players, understand the fundamentals of teamwork and communication to an extent. Here we are, right before the second season of Halo 5. Now is your chance.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Part of it is that his strengths as a player can be accentuated more from being able to see all 4 monitors -- he does a lot of shotcalling when he plays, telling players where to go and what to do.

Another part of it is that he's never been known for having a dominant shot -- more as a selfless player whose communication is his biggest asset... and in Halo 5, the individual skill gap is pretty pronounced and very clearly important for being able to win games... so taking Flamesword's strengths and putting them in the coach's position allows them to instead put more firepower on the team.

I think he's fine to continue competing if that's what he loves to do, but I think he'd be more successful as a coach.

I personally disagree. Flame has consistently put up numbers while making selfless plays in H5, and if Optic had actually had high tier teammates (no offense to Gary or Chaser, they played as well as you could hope for) they would have easily made Worlds over TP/C9. I'm honestly surprised at how many people tell Flame to coach when he's performed arguably better than 2gre and Ola have.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Joining optic doesn't automatically give you a free ride to hundreds of thousands of subs, but joining the brand and actually pushing quality content will help you grow a hell of a lot faster. Look at Flame, mboze and maniac they absolutely had zero audience before joining optic and now they're successful in the youtube world. The players that have joined optic and left in a few weeks/months truly aren't the ones to look at because most of them made no commitment or effort to actually use the org to its fullest potential. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does a team that can beat CLG exist? I think so. Here is my best bet.

Roy Snipedown, Ace, Naded?

i say naded because i feel he is an upgrade from Lunch and Ace because he is consistent, but tbh im over "emotional" players who are only good when they are pumped up.

Roy Snipedown Apg,Ace

this would be a team that could beat clg maybe because APG would try his ass off to beat Lxthul,

I dont know if a team consisting of anyone other than roy and snipedown could do it. Also not sure how the roybox combo could ever split up.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Naded's stream is hilarious right now.

All I see is people asking what his team is and saying go to optic

I personally disagree. Flame has consistently put up numbers while making selfless plays in H5, and if Optic had actually had high tier teammates (no offense to Gary or Chaser, they played as well as you could hope for) they would have easily made Worlds over TP/C9. I'm honestly surprised at how many people tell Flame to coach when he's performed arguably better than 2gre and Ola have.

I don't really disagree with what you're saying -- though I didn't personally see Flame "consistently put up numbers" -- I did see him perform well repeatedly in Coliseum TS when watching OpTic online, but that also happened to be one of the gametypes they won regularly, whereas others were less of a good outlook versus better opponents.

Flamesword definitely is capable of staying within the top 8 as a player.  The question to me is more, how is he more likely to make a push for Top 4: With a controller in his hands, or with 4 monitors before his eyes?

Does a team that can beat CLG exist? I think so. Here is my best bet.

Roy Snipedown, Ace, Naded?

i say naded because i feel he is an upgrade from Lunch and Ace because he is consistent, but tbh im over "emotional" players who are only good when they are pumped up.

Roy Snipedown Apg,Ace

this would be a team that could beat clg maybe because APG would try his ass off to beat Lxthul,

I dont know if a team consisting of anyone other than roy and snipedown could do it. Also not sure how the roybox combo could ever split up.

LMAO @ either of those rosters beating CLG.  You can't be serious.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1