CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All i'm saying is there is no positive to getting dominated by a team over and over. CLG embarrassed E6 last night. Made them look like randoms in Arena and that can't be good for team morale or any confidence they have left. It seems like nV won't play CLG and they are doing fine, why won't the other teams do the same?

And I am saying that if teams are ready to settle for second place and avoid the champions shouldn't be in the pro league. We need more ambitious teams that are ready to fight and learn from their mistakes. Honestly, what kind of competitor is okay with competing for second place? Because no one will get good enough to beat CLG by avoiding them. 

In general, we shouldn't promote such cowardly behavior. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If anything, I'm glad NV isn't playing CLG because it'll make their first Pro League match more interesting.

CLG gonna get that hot 3-0 though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

@Bxrz 

what kind of logic is that to just avoid a team because you think you'll get dominated? What happened to the cliche saying of to be the best you gotta beat the best? And is nV really doing fine? How can you tell if you haven't played the defending world champs? (not saying they arent doing well just playing Devil's advocate)

saying there is nothing to be gained from playing (and losing to) the #1 team is ridiculous 

that couldn't be anymore untrue 

https://twitter.com/skhCloud/status/767726367039299584

I mean, he isn't wrong. Cloud isn't on a Pro team right now and hasn't even played in the Pro League yet. He also coaches OpTic for an event and probably has a good relationship with the players on the team. Top on low expectations and no repercussions for placing bad, and it's a pretty solid offer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean, he isn't wrong. Cloud isn't on a Pro team right now and hasn't even played in the Pro League yet. He also coaches OpTic for an event and probably has a good relationship with the players on the team. Top on low expectations and no repercussions for placing bad, and it's a pretty solid offer.

This makes me sad for Halo. Not a fan of OpTic or any of their players but we need them to get good again to bring in the viewers and the more casual fan.

Cloud might be the player they need. Just think of the BtH ties.

2007 - Cloud was on OG BtH all the way up to 11th at Vegas.

2009 - Cloud teams with Maniac after releasing Clutch for 9th at Dallas.

2011 - Cloud rejoins with Maniac and APG to take 3rd at Dallas.

2012-2013 - Cloud and Maniac Duo through Reach and H4.

2016 - Cloud rejoins with Maniac to Duo for Pro League???

Or....

They might just keep 8th.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

And I am saying that if teams are ready to settle for second place and avoid the champions shouldn't be in the pro league. We need more ambitious teams that are ready to fight and learn from their mistakes. Honestly, what kind of competitor is okay with competing for second place? Because no one will get good enough to beat CLG by avoiding them. 

In general, we shouldn't promote such cowardly behavior. 

I'm not saying play for 2nd place. Play them when you have to. In a beyond tourney or during the pro league or event. The gap between the number 1 team and the number 3/4 team should never show how big it is as it did last night. 50-10? 100-0? C'mon

And i'm not seeing anyone learn for their mistakes. CLG's scrims are as lopsided as ever been and its been like this for months now.

Pros obviously have to try something different to beat them because whatever they are doing now is obviously not working.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I'm not saying play for 2nd place. Play them when you have to. In a beyond tourney or during the pro league or event. The gap between the number 1 team and the number 3/4 team should never show how big it is as it did last night. 50-10? 100-0? C'mon

And i'm not seeing anyone learn for their mistakes. CLG's scrims are as lopsided as ever been and its been like this for months now.

Pros obviously have to try something different to beat them because whatever they are doing now is obviously not working.

E6 and NV were gaining ground, but by avoiding CLG, teams will be burying themselves further. And yes, playing for second place. 

this has come up before and it's still the least competitive thing I've ever heard. If you can't handle losing to a better team in scrims stay in matchmaking and rage against 343 for their shitty matchmaking & ranking system.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Cloud might be the player they need. Just think of the BtH ties.

2007 - Cloud was on OG BtH all the way up to 11th at Vegas.

2009 - Cloud teams with Maniac after releasing Clutch for 9th at Dallas.

2011 - Cloud rejoins with Maniac and APG to take 3rd at Dallas.

2012-2013 - Cloud and Maniac Duo through Reach and H4.

2016 - Cloud rejoins with Maniac to Duo for Pro League???

Or....

They might just keep 8th.  :simms:

v3ksmjCsbnJjW.gif

OG will consistently be playing second fiddle to the rest of the league until some serious changes are made. One player wont turn the org around when two out of three are  :poop:

• Upvote (+1) 1

My thoughts from the scrims I watched last night.

EG vs ALG - ALG are still looking for a definitive 4th so this scrim score 10-4 in favor of EG shouldn't hold much weight, but EG seem to be improving chemistry wise every scrim they play. If EG keep improving at this rate and Ninja can actually hold camo for at least half the duration for once, they can definitely challenge Top 4.

Liquid vs Naded's Squad - Naded's team reminds me of the old ALG going into Worlds. Any team playing against them cannot challenge individual fights to the death too often because you run the risk of playing against a hot Naded and Danoxide which can be overwhelming if you don't play with structure against them. CLG is the only team that can consistently prevent this from happening. Liquid shouldn't read too much from the series score of 4-10.

Oh, and avoiding CLG will not work for any team wanting to overcome them. Teams needs to play CLG to understand how to play the right way and watching film, but I wouldn't recommend playing them more than twice a week until they actually show signs of improvement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EG vs ALG - ALG are still looking for a definitive 4th so this scrim score 10-4 in favor of EG should hold much wait, but EG seem to be improving chemistry wise every scrim they play. If they keep improving at this rate and Ninja can actually hold camo for at least half the duration for once, they can definitely challenge Top 4.

Liquid vs Naded's Squad - Naded's team reminds me of the old ALG  going into Worlds. Any team playing against them cannot challenge individual fights to the death against them  too often because you run the risk of playing against a hot Naded and Danoxide which can be overwhelming if you don't play with structure against them. CLG is the only team that can consistently prevent this from happening. Liquid shouldn't read too much from the series score of 4-10.

Oh, and avoiding CLG will not work for any team wanting to overcome them. Teams needs to play CLG to understand how to play the right way and watching film, but I wouldn't recommend playing them more than twice a week until they actually show signs of improvement.

EG winning a scrim.

10u1etNHGbmcwg.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Brad should come back and form a team called "AGL" to really confuse things.

Players can't expect to get paid though.

This is legit the best thing I have read in a while :))))))) ROFL

Teams should maintain an open mind when facing CLG, and use the replays to analyze what CLG does to perfection, like (Openers, Power Weapons Set Ups, Spawn Rotations, etc)

EG vs ALG - ALG are still looking for a definitive 4th so this scrim score 10-4 in favor of EG shouldn't hold much weight, but EG seem to be improving chemistry wise every scrim they play. If EG keep improving at this rate and Ninja can actually hold camo for at least half the duration for once, they can definitely challenge Top 4.

Liquid vs Naded's Squad - Naded's team reminds me of the old ALG going into Worlds. Any team playing against them cannot challenge individual fights to the death too often because you run the risk of playing against a hot Naded and Danoxide which can be overwhelming if you don't play with structure against them. CLG is the only team that can consistently prevent this from happening. Liquid shouldn't read too much from the series score of 4-10.

Yeah only 2-3 teams have mustered up the courage and scrimmed CLG. Seems like every time CLG is on and wanting to scrim they have trouble finding a team. Honestly everyone else just looks scared at this point.. but I guess if you're in the business of boosting self-esteem as opposed to learning what your team needs to improve on it makes sense  :lxthul:

Yeah only 2-3 teams have mustered up the courage scrimmed CLG. Seems like every time CLG is on and wanting to scrim they have trouble finding a team. Honestly everyone else just looks scared at this point.. but I guess if you're in the business of boosting self-esteem as opposed to learning what your team needs to improve on it makes sense  :lxthul:

Nah imagine. Teams are just playing for 2nd place at this point if we're being honest. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

In the optic scrims, they were lacking.

But the problems where noticed.

Communication a lot better but still no real team work, they are just playing as individuals that are talking about what they are doing.

No, plays or set ups. They need to get some gameplans.

Yeah only 2-3 teams have mustered up the courage scrimmed CLG. Seems like every time CLG is on and wanting to scrim they have trouble finding a team. Honestly everyone else just looks scared at this point.. but I guess if you're in the business of boosting self-esteem as opposed to learning what your team needs to improve on it makes sense  :lxthul:

Teams should be scared of CLG. It's not that teams don't want to play against CLG, its the fear that they aren't ready to put up a good fight against them. At this point, teams are just playing CLG not to get 14-0 or 13-1.

Wait is nV actually not planning to scrim CLG or is this just a rumor/assumption?

Also, not playing CLG doesn't seem like a good strat.

BTW which two teams improved the most from the Qualifier LAN to the end of the season. nV and Liquid. Guess which teams scrimmed CLG the most, nV and Liquid.

Fact is if you want to improve the fastest path to that is getting destroyed by CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait is nV actually not planning to scrim CLG or is this just a rumor/assumption?

Also, not playing CLG doesn't seem like a good strat.

BTW which two teams improved the most from the Qualifier LAN to the end of the season. nV and Liquid. Guess which teams scrimmed CLG the most, nV and Liquid.

Fact is if you want to improve the fastest path to that is getting destroyed by CLG.

nV and CLG are mutually agreeing not to play right now. Clg was waiting to get into the swing of things first and nV is waiting for Mikwen to go home to respectable internet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

god has left the Team Slayer playlist

RI4bpVQ.png

This honestly, the pain of overgrowth... the pain...

• Upvote (+1) 1

nV and CLG are mutually agreeing not to play right now. Clg was waiting to get into the swing of things first and nV is waiting for Mikwen to go home to respectable internet.

That sounds fair, the fact is, even when there are other good squads, CLG is the only team that can beat CLG.

In order to get good enough to beat them you have to get beat by them.... if that makes sense.

This makes me sad for Halo. Not a fan of OpTic or any of their players but we need them to get good again to bring in the viewers and the more casual fan.

We NEED OpTic? I don't like that we put Halos fate in the hands of a Org...it's so lame to see viewers only go up because optic gaming. I would rather people watch halo because they actually love the franchise and play the game. Not people who come in for one match then leave...

Making a good Halo title is the best way to get new people in. Sure OpTic may help some but let's not rely on them...

(Sorry...just not a fan of the OpTic juice thing or whatever when it comes to viewers so I apologize if this comes off as negative. Love you guys)

• Upvote (+1) 4