CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yea but federal gaming commission sounds legit. Unless everyone here knows about the gambling commissions, no one will notice it.

Congratulations. Now you understand why people use it in lottery scams. They send out emails and other garbage saying how you won money in some lottery and that you need to provide information to collect your winning. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

we're all just waiting for the NV scrim already

meme lords put the logos on these gloves

yRCuGtB.gif

quality idea 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There is no such thing as an exclusive federal gambling permit. Why would the FGC ever allow that lol.

Yet you use it here as if we all should clue in on the not-so-obvious joke? As you should see not all of us are up to date on gambling commissions, which is why it was mistaken for FTC. The joke was bad and you should feel bad.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, i feel like the ability to turn and destroy a person when down shots is more in this game, like the skill gap with movement and shot is high af. Granted there are autos but you have so many tools at your disposal to just juke the crap out of people. Even at a high level. Like ninja just got demolished by contra when contra was 1 shot. Ninja's out BR perfect kill on snip3down during pro league. Ace getting his ankles broken on multiple occasions. This game gives people a lot of skills to improve on that can give people the ability to just embarrass eachother.

I disagree. I think the new movement options makes it much easier to turn on bad players.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I am saying it is far rarer than in games with low magnetism such as CE. Part of the reason is that most smart players will just thrust + sprint away from the fight because they have little confidence that they can turn a fight around since the magnetism is so high. CE players conversely are super aggressive and will challenge fights when they are absolute one shot because you can still win if you aim well enough and it's better to challenge the opponent to prevent them from getting a powerup or superior position than to turtle. The game is well designed to encourage action which is more watchable and exciting.

Quoting a couple examples where some players choked badly is not proof of skillgap. It's proof that choking can happen especially with how inconsistent the aiming mechanics are in Halo 5. Like the one on Ninja was 'cause he got descoped once and then his aim squirreled on him.

As for the movement options, there is much less skill in thrusting and running away from fights in which your running away speed is higher than your opponent's who is unable to shoot you while chasing. I'm not saying there is zero skill, thrusting requires timing. But overall these movement abilities raise the skill floor, not the skill ceiling. There is only so much you can learn about thrusting and aiming in Halo 5. As I said before even the GOAT CE players miss a lot of shots and have room for improvement. The aiming skillgap is very deep with the projectile ballistics and low magnetism.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Yet you use it here as if we all should clue in on the not-so-obvious joke? As you should see not all of us are up to date on gambling commissions, which is why it was mistaken for FTC. The joke was bad and you should feel bad.

Yeah...it wasn't that kind of a joke. I was facetiously pointing out how something doesn't make sense. Though a lot of people here are probably too young to get the gambling/early 2000s internet references for sure. 

EG has looked better in each scrim, granted the quality of opponent should be considered. Hopefully they keep it up.

As for Liquid, I think they just had an off night, but Naded's team is looking like the real deal (again). Glad to have him back in the mix.

• Upvote (+1) 2

paging @@FrankTheShow lol right now its looking like frankthenoshow  :simms:

but yeah, you were talking shit and id be pissed too if you were calling my business a scam. If you talk to people IRL anything like how you talk to people on the internet, i can see how grown men would react that way towards you.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

where u at @@FrankTheShow lol

This dude is embarrassing. "Our Facebook has more likes than your Twitter you fucking nobody," and you are?.....

Never heard of this guy before now but that is one of the least professional things I've ever seen.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This dude is embarrassing. "Our Facebook has more likes than your Twitter you fucking nobody," and you are?.....

Never heard of this guy before now but that is one of the least professional things I've ever seen.

And unless I missed it Frank just made some off handed comment about money matches. Who goes on a tweet video rant about that on their companies' twitter account lol.

Being called a scammer has to be an occupational hazard if you're running a gambling site.

correct me if im wrong but the last time clg was challenged in the slightest was against denial at regionals? royal 2 was sick during e6 loss and frosty also had a fever at xgames.. wheres this teams kryptonite?

Or maybe we had a good night? Nah imagine

How does it feel to play with Naded again ? You guys gonna grind so hard like the old Alg squad ?

correct me if im wrong but the last time clg was challenged in the slightest was against denial at regionals?

not when E6 beat them?

Or was Royal2 sick then? Or rammy subbing? I don't remember.

Also wtf @ FabE dropping kimbo without losing once.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Or maybe we had a good night? Nah imagine

He said you guys looked like the real deal....?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Do exclusive gambling rights actually exist on the other side of the pond? 

Because that's a seriously bad idea

Why don't teams just not play CLG?

I can't see one possible positive outcome after playing CLG and losing 50-10. 

I don't understand why teams just don't play them and let them play the AM teams and hope they fall off.

• Downvote (-1) 7

correct me if im wrong but the last time clg was challenged in the slightest was against denial at regionals? royal 2 was sick during e6 loss and frosty also had a fever at xgames.. wheres this teams kryptonite?

Besides almost going down 3-0 by the skin of their teeth vs c9?
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Yeah, they're good, but they did lose to E6 and they did lose Xgames. I don't really think that being sick is an excuse in any way, shape, or form. Unless someone is extremely bias I don't see how you can write off Xgames. 

They're not unbeatable, but they're definitely the best team in H5 by a long shot. They have a real chance of becoming one of the best teams in Halo history, no doubt about that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Yeah, they're good, but they did lose to E6 and they did lose Xgames. I don't really think that being sick is an excuse in any way, shape, or form. Unless someone is extremely bias I don't see how you can write off Xgames. 

They're not unbeatable, but they're definitely the best team in H5 by a long shot. They have a real chance of becoming one of the best teams in Halo history, no doubt about that. 

Not a coincidence the only time they've lost since being dominant, was when royal2 was ill though. That's not an excuse, it's the reason. CLG are as close to unbeatable as you can be in a game like this.