CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anything interesting happen tonight?

Frank with some conspiracy theories and CLG dominating in scrims.

Nothing new  :lxthul:

Has it not been being worked on for ages? Not like they're new to the scene...

Also, isn't betting on video games illegal in the United States?

We have been working on the site for some months now to ensure you all get the product you deserve. So in the meantime, we have been hard at work behind the scenes to tie in the community the best we can. This has been a long road for us and we are stoked to have the site launched by 2050 Chatt.

As for the betting on video games in the united states, we own the exclusive rights. It is 100% legal. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

We have been working on the site for some months now to ensure you all get the product you deserve. So in the meantime, we have been hard at work behind the scenes to tie in the community the best we can. This has been a long road for us and we are stoked to have the site launched by 2050 Chatt.

As for the betting on video games in the united states, we own the exclusive rights. It is 100% legal.

How exactly do you get exclusive rights for that?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

How exactly do you get exclusive rights for that?

Forgive me, I don't know the technical side of things, but essentially you pay for them. 

He's dam near champ though

Was going off last time I matched him, was around 1850 I think.

Forgive me, I don't know the technical side of things, but essentially you pay for them. 

This may be another technical question, but is there a federal license, or is it a state-by-state license? I know some states don't allow betting on sports, so I am curious if the same applies to esports.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree. I think the new movement options makes it much easier to turn on bad players.

that has nothing to do with autos

that has nothing to do with autos

The discussion wasn't strictly about autos and it's still true in the case of autos. You gonna buy premium so you can neg me more?

• Downvote (-1) 4

I know mark Cuban is an investor in unicxrn, and they can't take bets in the USA yet.

If FanDuel can get fucked even with their billions in backing, I don't see how money matches is going to be legal

CLG just won 50-10 against E6 on Rig Slayer   :walshy:

It was obviously because of the radar  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 2

E6 just left a scrim before they lost 100 - 0 in Eden strongholds. Yikes. 

CLG is playing like nV  :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

i don't like the way the money matches guy acts, mainly all the profanity and internet gangster beat u up stuff, but props to him for jumping on the video game betting bandwagon before anyone else thought of it. He is clearly doing well and takes care of his sanctioned players and fans. Respect for how he runs his business, whether or not i like his attitude is irrelevant,. hes clearly not dumb. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

This may be another technical question, but is there a federal license, or is it a state-by-state license? I know some states don't allow betting on sports, so I am curious if the same applies to esports.

It definitely does. And I have zero idea how one acquires an "exclusive" gambling permit. 

I can't be the only person who hates when people tell matchmaking stories in this thread.

seriously, I thought the H5 thread was bad enough ... it's like hearing about bad beats in poker.  truly, person, no one gives a shit but you

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

If it's possible to own the exclusive rights to betting on video games in the United States, why didn't Unikrn (a website with prominent investors such as Mark Cuban that launched forever ago) or one of the other hundred esports gambling sites buy them?  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 3

It definitely does. And I have zero idea how one acquires an "exclusive" gambling permit. 

look out we got a gambling expert over here

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1