CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Simple content, nothing crazy. Would love to see more from Halo.

343 Industries thought we'd be happy enough they were hosting tournaments, they never thought we'd want them to take competitive Halo as seriously as we do. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

why start an HCS youtube channel when you can just upload the content right to your own channel?

that helps grow halo right?

Tashi has told me before (see @@CyReN's post above) that he sees a fine line between official HCS content and his personal content. It's unfortunate because this behind the scenes type stuff is the sort of content that does really well (see Tashi's post-event Q&A videos, for example).

Also: Ace the type of dude to spin the rods and still lose.

• Upvote (+1) 1

From someone who does video and photo stuff, I'm surprised 343/Microsoft doesn't just shell out for a good camera and some lav mics and produce this content officially for the HCS to give some personality to the HCS. Wouldn't be that expensive.

I liked when they filmed the HCS Bulletin with Jay Freschette. Sure he could be cringe/cheese, but it was fun and generally High Quality. 

Everyone looved The Sprint (at least over on SPacebattles) because we got behind the scenes looks at certain things. 

343 has the capability, but not the vision. 

Jamaican117 for Halo esports director 2016. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They did some similar stuff before HWC but I haven't seen much else like this at all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6j0StHwE9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzfbcvApL6I

Just small player profiles would be really cool to see every now and then.

Yeah I remember this. They probably only did it because it was for the World Finals. I'd like to see this stuff all the time ya know?

It was a good idea creating that content leading up to the Halo World Finals. Now let's do that for the pro league seasons and finals and maybe even more

• Upvote (+1) 5

These are so much better for getting a new audience engaged and coming back than fucking McDonald's forge maps.

Agreed 100%

Yeah I remember this. They probably only did it because it was for the World Finals. I'd like to see this stuff all the time ya know?

It was a good idea creating that content leading up to the Halo World Finals. Now let's do that for the pro league seasons and finals and maybe even more

If they were smart they would play on rostermania more than they do. I mean look at how transfer windows are handled in soccer in the european leagues. The offseason is never ending speculation and hype and the big sports networks bank on that every summer. Fuck, they have a whole day dedicated to it. 343 is missing a golden opportunity to get people invested in the new story lines that are going to play out in the fall season. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

These are so much better for getting a new audience engaged and coming back than fucking McDonald's forge maps. 

Their content team is just flat-out terrible.  The fact that I watch a tournament in July and they're showing a stupid clip about a REQ drop from January is a joke.

We all know the Halo: CE pistol exists in H5.  Show us something new.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think that it's pretty dumb that the roster lock is (probably) gonna occur before settings for season 2 are finalized.

The thing about those Worlds player videos is that they're so easy to make. I don't wanna sound like I'm underestimating the amount of effort but its a few hours of filming your subject and some b-roll combined with a short interview.

You can churn them out so quickly with the right team of people and it's super engaging content.

More effort probably goes into putting those Forge videos/community montages together for less of a payoff.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You deserve to die if the other player has good aim. If someone shoots at me 2 times from behind as I'm strafing around on CE and misses 1 or 2 shots, and I turn and kill them, you're saying I still deserved to die? That's absolutely stupid as fuck. I'm not talking about random aiming misses, I'm talking about one player missing due to lack of skill and the other player hitting every shot due to their skill. This happens all the time in CE and you're basically arguing that it's not Halo. Makes sense. A huge part of the unique skill gap is the higher TTK giving the ambushed player an opportunity to turn it around in their favour. Might as well just play COD if someone should be automatically be dead after getting shot at twice.

You have the ability to turn on bad players in H5 too. A shit player is still going to have shit aim with the AR.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

thanks for your patience and continued support guys!

Dan?

DAN?

:thinking:

Is the a way to stop getting matched with the same person?

Just matched the same 4, 6 plus times in a row. Quite decent. But had the same idiot on my team, i don't think he even got a kill!!

This game is pissing me off tonight.

Normally a low onxy player, but placed in gold!!! Even though I'm playing good and was winning the normal amount, yet i keep playing onxy players.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Is the a way to stop getting matched with the same person?

Just matched the same 4, 6 plus times in a row. Quite decent. But had the same idiot on my team, i don't think he even got a kill!!

This game is pissing me off tonight.

Normally a low onxy player, but placed in gold!!!dan Even though I'm playing good and was winning the normal amount, yet i keep playing onxy players.

lol you sure that idiot who didn't get a kill wasn't you?

• Downvote (-1) 14

lol you sure that idiot who didn't get a kill wasn't you?

No I carried the team to a couple of wins, I can give you there gamertag if you really want it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1