CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Everyone got worse except for CLG, Liquid, and E6.

Not everyone can improve. Unless. The are a lot of top top AM players

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Get back on Halo after not playing for a week or so and the first game I play is Assault on Tyrant. 343 is the most backwards company lmao

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

NV isn't worse. E6 probably got worse. New potential ALG looks better on paper, remains to be seen though. Also, the old TL roster with Naded and El Town is an upgrade.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I think you meant NV instead of E6?  NV got better by taking Huke from E6.  On paper, of course.

• Upvote (+1) 1

wait what do you mean? that 343i should have videos documenting tips and tricks you can do with arena sandbox? or should have more exciting arena sandbox?

second one. right now the arena sandbox consists of a bunch of weapons whose only distinguishing factors boil down to distance at which they're most effective at killing (SMG - Storm - AR - Magnum - BR - DMR) with some variation on shield damage vs. health damage, auto vs. not, and some other minor stuff. But there's no weapon in-game that can plasma climb, for instance (not that that would necessarily work in Halo -- just an example of the kinds of things that can be done with some creativity). I'd like to see more variety in the sandbox that goes beyond the one-dimensional "use this weapon at this range".

Obviously power weapons are a different conversation entirely, although they kind of suffer a similar problem of overlap. 

Did 343 ever give a reason for making the bomb a "ball" in h5? Can't be for PC reasons since h2a had a real bomb

Get back on Halo after not playing for a week or so and the first game I play is Assault on Tyrant. 343 is the most backwards company lmao

I had a streak today where I played it probably 6 out of 10 gametypes. Had to have played it 10 times today alone.

I think you meant NV instead of E6?  NV got better by taking Huke from E6.  On paper, of course.

If Svspector plays like he did at Worlds then it could be an upgrade, but Huke has been going off all Season. 

NV isn't worse. E6 probably got worse. New potential ALG looks better on paper, remains to be seen though. Also, the old TL roster with Naded and El Town is an upgrade.

I definitely don't think E6 got worse. They at least broke even. Stellur and Svspector are great players. Excluding CLG, I think this is the most balanced set of teams we have seen in a while as far as potential goes. There isn't really a team other than Optic that would blow my mind if they made top 4. 

why start an HCS youtube channel when you can just upload the content right to your own channel?

that helps grow halo right?

That was pretty intense, but that definitely should have been on a bigger channel. Poor Tashi has all of 1 subscriber. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

if you get shot 3 times by someone before you shoot at them you deserve to die lol, if you disagree then idfk man go play csgo aim maps

You deserve to die if the other player has good aim. If someone shoots at me 2 times from behind as I'm strafing around on CE and misses 1 or 2 shots, and I turn and kill them, you're saying I still deserved to die? That's absolutely stupid as fuck. I'm not talking about random aiming misses, I'm talking about one player missing due to lack of skill and the other player hitting every shot due to their skill. This happens all the time in CE and you're basically arguing that it's not Halo. Makes sense. A huge part of the unique skill gap is the higher TTK giving the ambushed player an opportunity to turn it around in their favour. Might as well just play COD if someone should be automatically be dead after getting shot at twice.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did 343 ever give a reason for making the bomb a "ball" in h5? Can't be for PC reasons since h2a had a real bomb

I imagine because it's not just Assault, it's a game mode that can be turned into Oddball, Assault, Ricochet and Grifball. 

They should have included an option to toggle between a ball/bomb.

is there any 4th Optic can add to move out of the cellar?  not even sure what they're looking for with the guys they're trying out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

From someone who does video and photo stuff, I'm surprised 343/Microsoft doesn't just shell out for a good camera and some lav mics and produce this content officially for the HCS to give some personality to the HCS. Wouldn't be that expensive.

Simple content, nothing crazy. Would love to see more from Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Off topic but how do you use the spoiler quote?

Clg 1st

its under the special bbcode menu. third from left.

am0iilN.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off topic but how do you use the spoiler quote?

Clg 1st

Like this:

[spoiler]INSERT TEXT HERE[/spoiler]