CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Remember the one time ESL teased an announcement soon 3 or 4 days ago and we've heard nothing since? Good times... Good times.

You think the test settings and Fall Preview Playlist are what we were waiting for?

Edit: I hope there's more coming ASAP, I just wonder if that's what they meant by something coming soon.

I have like 12 ping to local servers where I live, and 20.45 download, with 11.95 upload. Is that good? 

I'm not being sarcastic I honestly just don't know how internet works.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have like 12 ping to local servers where I live, and 20.45 download, with 11.95 upload. Is that good? 

People would kill to have 12 ping, so yes, that's good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Amazing ping, decent upload.  That download speed is pretty garbage.  I live in Alabama and have 80down, if that's any indication.  (Don't get me wrong, 20 will suffice for basically anything, but it's massively behind the rest of the country's high speed internet.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Amazing ping, decent upload. That download speed is pretty garbage. I live in Alabama and have 80down, if that's any indication. (Don't get me wrong, 20 will suffice for basically anything, but it's massively behind the rest of the country's high speed internet.)

I would be so happy if I had 20 down...

I’m lucky if I get 8 down. Couple of years ago I had 1.5 to 3 down...

I am talking about megabits by the way and not megabytes.

So are Cratos and him actually going to 1v1? Anyone want to bet on the results?  :lxthul:

There's no way they would. Cratos even knows that he'll lose $100. It's just free money for BEAST, there's no way he won't be able to get an auto kill on him.

You think the test settings and Fall Preview Playlist are what we were waiting for?

Edit: I hope there's more coming ASAP, I just wonder if that's what they meant by something coming soon.

I don't think so. I think they were teasing a separate HCS specific announcement with times and dates.

It wasn't an insult but I just knew it would have gone over your head, what's escaping you is that it's not the players that draws the crowd, but instead it's the title "Pro" that does.

I'm pretty sure if the top 8 teams were filled out with names nobody knew, the crowd would drop significantly.

Look at any real sports strike.

Regardless, I wasn't saying they should strike. I was explaining it to whoever I was responding to (can't remember + mobile)

• Upvote (+1) 1

People would kill to have 12 ping, so yes, that's good.

Oh cool.

Amazing ping, decent upload.  That download speed is pretty garbage.  I live in Alabama and have 80down, if that's any indication.  (Don't get me wrong, 20 will suffice for basically anything, but it's massively behind the rest of the country's high speed internet.)

Hmmm that's weird. I live by the Denver area in CO. So it's not like I'm on random country internet. Would me being on Wifi vs wired make any difference? 

I don't think so. I think they were teasing a separate HCS specific announcement with times and dates.

Maybe 343 realized the announcement was going to be delayed and released the test gametypes to distract us. They (correctly) predicted we'd all get worked up over the changes, buying them extra time.

TinfoilHatKappa

Oh cool.

Hmmm that's weird. I live by the Denver area in CO. So it's not like I'm on random country internet. Would me being on Wifi vs wired make any difference? 

Yes, always hard-wire for competitive gaming if possible. You probably won't see a drastic improvement in your speedtest but you should see your connection's consistency improve. There is a lot of potential interference when using wi-fi.

Edit: @@TheDood message me if you need any other help. 

You need to adjust settings on your router as well if you want the best connection possible. Opening/forwarding ports on your router for specific connections (i.e. Xbox) will drastically help with connection speed/consistency.

Just google port forwarding and you should be able to find what you need.

My speed is 250mbps/20mbps.

Except I can't get past 15mbps download on my xbox.

Make the DNS on your xbox google's DNS.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Even if you do this, they're still going to use Anycast to direct your connection to the closest geographic DNS server node.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

What the hell, you're right haha.

I now have 60 download/25 upload on my xbox using wireless.

Thank you so much!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remember the one time ESL teased an announcement soon 3 or 4 days ago and we've heard nothing since? Good times... Good times.

Rocket League just finished their first season and live event like 2 weeks ago, and they have already announced season 2 with prize pool,details and a sign up date. 

What the hell, you're right haha.

I now have 60 download/25 upload on my xbox using wireless.

Thank you so much!

How are you testing the speed to your box?