CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Every single day :P

I am a fan of players having options for various encounters. People should be good with the whole sandbox, not just the precision weapons.

How does it make sense for an AR to not be good in CQC?

Good is fine. Dominant is not. If autos (which have a lower skill gap then precision weapons) have a quicker ttk in close range it creates problems. It turns the game into who has the auto (or who has the better auto) rather than who outplayed who. For example, if I have a storm rifle and you have a pistol, and we fight in close range you can literally land all your shots and I can still win. There is no way to beat it if the auto user hits his shots. That doesn't add variety it makes certain weapons practically guaranteed kills.

Hell I'll let @@Ugug go more in depth I'm on mobile.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What's not good about the arguments presented?

Haven't seen anything compelling yet and I watch every scrim and tournament game pretty much. 

Give me a second I'll write one up for you

Thanks.

Good is fine. Dominant is not. If autos (which have a lower skill gap then precision weapons) have a quicker ttk in close range it creates problems. It turns the game into who has the auto (or who has the better auto) rather than who outplayed who. For example, if I have a storm rifle and you have a pistol, and we fight in close range you can literally land all your shots and I can still win. There is no way to beat it if the auto user hits his shots. That doesn't add variety it makes certain weapons practically guaranteed kills.

I just think a smart player will not be using a pistol in CQC situation - I like that players have to make a choice. And yes,  I will wait for the write up. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't understand why OpTic drops Str8 sick so they can play with friends and then they run with people they have never played with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah SMG and Storm rifle are really good and maybe too effective at close range. You wouldn't take a long range fight with a pistol against a dmr at long range and you shouldn't be taking close range fights against SMGs and storm rifles. Weapons you pickup are supposed to be better than the ones you start with or else there would be no reason to pick them up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Weapons you pickup are supposed to be better than the ones you start with or else there would be no reason to pick them up.

Biggest fallacy that gets thrown around and it's the same line of thinking that has made the sandbox so poor. Weapons aren't supposed to be "better" they are supposed to be niche and fill roles. In CE how many on map weapons were "straight upgrades" like in H5? That's not good weapon balance and that's the same logic AR/smg start people used.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think people need to stop thinking of autos as noob weapons and start thinking of them as power weapons. Saying that a pistol and an auto should have the same ttk at close range is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think people need to stop thinking of autos as noob weapons and start thinking of them as power weapons. Saying that a pistol and an auto should have the same ttk at close range is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

You are right. The pistol should kill faster.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Assault Rifle is the topic at that point then.

I think headshot multiplier should just be removed from AR, or a map pickup.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When your 12 and your big brother @@Mikwen is in town and your playing custom 2v2 with 3 friends and he takes the controller while you have snipe, you lose friends.

Wait, is Mini Mikwen posting on Papa Mikwen's account? 

Biggest fallacy that gets thrown around and it's the same line of thinking that has made the sandbox so poor. Weapons aren't supposed to be "better" they are supposed to be niche and fill roles. In CE how many on map weapons were "straight upgrades" like in H5? That's not good weapon balance and that's the same logic AR/smg start people used.

In every Halo until H5 you started with the best precision weapon and map pickups were useless for the most part. The plasma pistol and plasma rifle were the only other weapons that could fill any role better than your starting weapons and they weren't relevant in H3. Having map pickups be direct upgrades to your starting weapons add a nice dynamic and layer to the combat.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Storm rifle should be on the same spawn cycle as non weapon pad power weapons. One per map and the respawn timer doesn't start until the weapon despawns.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In every Halo until H5 you started with the best precision weapon and map pickups were useless for the most part. The plasma pistol and plasma rifle were the only other weapons that could fill any role better than your starting weapons and they weren't relevant in H3. Having map pickups be direct upgrades to your starting weapons add a nice dynamic and layer to the combat.

It adds a dynamic that smg starts had, and I do not like that dynamic. Starting with the best precision weapon is what made Halo great. You won a majority of fights by out shooting and out positioning people that had the same lethality as you. Fighting people that had the same weapon an as you was an amazing thing in past titles. Abd the PR and PP weren't straight upgrades, both those weapons were niche pick ups. PP in H2 was a little too good but that's another story.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I love how morons perpetuate this dumb ass meme that map pickups are useless in MLG settings.

Especially Halo 1 being called a "pistol fest". Unreal. Watch some good players and say that again.

Having weaker precision utilities as your starter is just stupid and leads to spawn killing and unequal randomness in utility vs utility fights.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait, is Mini Mikwen posting on Papa Mikwen's account? 

lol no, I'm pretty liberal but he doesn't need read what we post here  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 4

It adds a dynamic that smg starts had, and I do not like that dynamic. Starting with the best precision weapon is what made Halo great. You won a majority of fights by out shooting and out positioning people that had the same lethality as you. Fighting people that had the same weapon an as you was an amazing thing in past titles. Abd the PR and PP weren't straight upgrades, both those weapons were niche pick ups. PP in H2 was a little too good but that's another story.

I've played br starts settings with no autos in H5 and I personally disliked it. I like how the sandbox is in H5 and I don't think removing autos would make it better

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're right it is really fucking stupid.

Pistol should have a better perfect kill time than autos, and higher average kill time in close range to accentuate skillgap.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Having weaker precision utilities as your starter is just stupid and leads to spawn killing and unequal randomness in utility vs utility fights.

Maybe if there are enough BRs on the map for an entire team but that's not the case. Power weapons lead to spawnkilling far more than pistol starts

• Downvote (-1) 1

I've played br starts settings with no autos in H5 and I personally disliked it. I like how the sandbox is in H5 and I don't think removing autos would make it better

I don't want BR starts. No one said they want BR starts. And maybe one auto on the map would be fine. Not 4 on 15 second timers along with 4 rifles on 15 second timers. It makes using a pistol (the hardest weapon) pointless because other rifles are better at every range, and all the autos are better at cqc. There should be more emphasis on gunskill im this game since its, you know, a first person shooter.

I love your insightful argument full of details and wonder.

It just wasn't relevant at all.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1