CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I honestly get the feeling that you are awful at the game and project your frustration to posting about how bad everything is. I could be wrong but that's what I get from you.

Do you support tyrant assault?

I honestly get the feeling that you are awful at the game and project your frustration to posting about how bad everything is. I could be wrong but that's what I get from you.

Well it depends on what you mean by awful. I'm certainly awful compared to pro players. Then again, I've never had any interest in making this my career. I've said multiple times that this game has lots of potential and good things going for it but I do complain about radar and autos a lot it that's what you mean by "everything"
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do you support tyrant assault?

ive only played it one time since the update but I would still say no, it's not the worst Gametype of the bunch but tbh assault just doesn't work in this game. The bomb isn't a fkn bomb it's a ball, so when you arm it nobody dies and with the spawns it makes the gameplay resort to the other team all getting in the flag/bomb arm zone and the other team spawns in the middle, then after the arm the other team still has full control. Same goes for coliseum.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

There's a difference between a weapon requiring no skill and a weapon being imbalanced.

Automatics in Halo 5 have headshot multipliers (hey look, you're rewarded for aiming well) and perfect tap accuracy (you're rewarded for timing your shots properly).  Combined with Thruster, which effectively resets your reticule to initial accuracy stage AND significantly alters your battle positioning, auto battles are actually skillful in this game.  (The Storm Rifle is not included in this, and has a bit too much tracking, which offsets its projectile-fire mode adding to the required skill of use.  That weapon is absurd.)

However, they are not balanced, and so they tend to win almost any battle versus precision weapons in close quarters.

giphy.gif

What's the reasoning behind not being able to use Forge maps in the HCS?

Not that I have any maps in mind or anything, but just curious as to why considering this the best Forge we've ever had tenfold, and I've seen some pretty authentic looking maps with great aesthetics. If aesthetics are the reason, that's a pretty terrible excuse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well it depends on what you mean by awful. I'm certainly awful compared to pro players. Then again, I've never had any interest in making this my career. I've said multiple times that this game has lots of potential and good things going for it but I do complain about radar and autos a lot it that's what you mean by "everything"

i just get that vibe from your posts specifically, sorry if I'm wrong. I swear it is just how you word things for me. I didn't mean to come at your neck but it's just a vibe. I think this game has potential but I also think this game is really good right now regardless. I think the process people want is the autos to actually be underpowered, because let's behonest the autos in halo 1-3 were some cheeks.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

i just get that vibe from your posts specifically, sorry if I'm wrong. I swear it is just how you word things for me. I didn't mean to come at your neck but it's just a vibe. I think this game has potential but I also think this game is really good right now regardless. I think the process people want is the autos to actually be underpowered, because let's behonest the autos in halo 1-3 were some cheeks.

The autos were awful from 2-4 sure (including Reach) but CE is very debatable.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hmm well I've never claimed to be amazing at the game; I can get onyx easily by myself consistently but that's not really saying much at all. I'd be curious to see what is nooby about the way I word things but I'm mainly just curious about what autos add to the game. Not why they're "not that bad" but why they need to be in at all.

The autos were awful from 2-4 sure (including Reach) but CE is very debatable.

I agree 100% but can definitely see us being in the minority here. Not sure how many people have competitive CE experience and are used to utilizing the AR and PR over the pistol.

I dislike just how much redundancy there is in H5's sandbox. I don't want to make weapons incredibly gimmicky but they should have their own niches imo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't need to learn to write to make 200k a year I play video games for a living if you didn't know I use my thumbs and control a big guy in my tv screen

big guy

big guy

for you

• Upvote (+1) 4

I agree 100% but can definitely see us being in the minority here. Not sure how many people have competitive CE experience and are used to utilizing the AR and PR over the pistol.

How many people are aware that the AR has had tap accuracy since CE?

"NOPE WEAPON IS AN AUTO IT'S SPRAY AND PRAY ONLY"

• Upvote (+1) 2

You seem to talk about tap accuracy often as if it means something in a game where there's no real reason to tap the trigger with autos most of the time. In reality, people spray because it works. But I think I've seen you post that autos should be less accurate/less powerful so that people tap more. Still, I remember you citing tap accuracy as a defense for the SAW.

Overpowered autos add nothing to accuracy, movement, or overall awareness skill. Oh wait, there is the extreme skill gap in knowing that you should pull out an AR at close range

Unless you have the first shot with the AR you will most likely die to a pistol or br. Even in close range. People exaggerate autos so much. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So @@Cratos are you actually gonna give me $100 if I kill you once with an auto while you use the pistol? Orrrrrr were you talking out of your ass again?

tweet me if I win you never post on the forums again
  • Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Unless you have the first shot with the AR you will most likely die to a pistol or br. Even in close range. People exaggerate autos so much.

I've seen multiple pro players miss a pistol shot or two and get shredded by ARs at close range.

tweet me if I win you never post on the forums again

What will this prove other than that someone who has a career in halo can outsmart a random player in a 1v1?

Holy shit dude!

Are you telling me all of the Assault Rifles in the past have had the capacity to be pin-point accurate and relevant to more than their role of being a simple close combat weapon? 'Cuz sweet butter biscuits, I never knew we could've been wrong about something like that for over fifteen years.

How could we have been so blind? You truly have opened our eyes, Tibby Aud!

• Downvote (-1) 1

Surely you can notice the huge differences in tapping the CE AR and the H5 AR right? I see your point though. I thought the H2 autos were a huge downgrade.

At the LAN I got an AR kill from Blue Pistol into pit's health pack on HeH, as well as from top catwalk to rocket pit on Damnation due to tap firing on a weak player. I believe those are the longest AR kills I've ever got in my entire career. 

The same reason OpTic dominates CoD

Because OpTic won CoD season 2 and wasn't challenged at MLG Orlando....

oh wait! 

• Downvote (-1) 1