CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Cleaning out my pictures folder and came across this...how long ago it seems.

EG%20Finals_zpsdpwakjt9.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

I know you don't have to write but you should know how to read. I never said I wanted br only. I just don't want nooby automatics that reduce the skill gap enough for you to find success

200k my god

• Upvote (+1) 4

It sucks that Cratos said he thinks Overgrowth Strongholds has a chance of being good, now the Beyond Hivemind will irrationally hate it even more, all the while just posting the words "sight lines sight lines sight lines" over and over.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did you really just go through and neg everyone who said they like Riptide? Like really, what does that achieve? Not that I particularly care about rep, just want to know why you'd waste your time doing that...

Yes.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

I know you don't have to write but you should know how to read. I never said I wanted br only. I just don't want nooby automatics that reduce the skill gap enough for you to find success

there is a hugeeee skill gap in this game. Even on the pro end so idk how people say it reduces skill gap. Why don't we use no auto aim a plasma pistols only that would be the hardest halo
  • Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It sucks that Cratos said he thinks Overgrowth Strongholds has a chance of being good, now the Beyond Hivemind will irrationally hate it even more, all the while just posting the words "sight lines sight lines sight lines" over and over.

It's almost like people don't like the map! Weird right?

there is a hugeeee skill gap in this game. Even on the pro end so idk how people say it reduces skill gap. Why don't we use no auto aim a plasma pistols only that would be the hardest halo

Huge is quite the exaggeration. And hard =/= skill. But I'm sure you knew that.

Maybe explain why having autos with quicker perfect kill times than precision weapons adds to the skill gap? And why rifles have more AA, RRR and BM than the magnum? How does this add to the skill gap?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wasn't there supposed to be Esl/Hcs info like yesterday ? Or was that just wishful thinking ?

You might be thinking of the Team Liquid announcement?

It's almost like people don't like the map! Weird right?

People aren't playing the new Strongholds iteration of it objectively. They're going into it (if theyre playing it at all, which I mostly doubt) with preconceived ideas about what a competitive map is supposed to look like, as well as this vague idea of it having "no sight lines". People need to play it and judge it upon whether the more skilled team wins on it and whether it's decently fun to play, that is all, nothing more.

join my lobby I will give you 100$ if you kill me with a auto 1v1

What map? I also don't get the point of saying this. How does it answer my questions?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Huge is quite the exaggeration. And hard =/= skill. But I'm sure you knew that.

Maybe explain why having autos with quicker perfect kill times than precision weapons adds to the skill gap? And why rifles have more AA, RRR and BM than the magnum? How does this add to the skill gap?

He doesn't need to explain any of that man he makes $200k with his thumbs controlling a big guy in his TV screen. Case closed. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

He doesn't need to explain any of that man he makes $200k with his thumbs controlling a big guy in his TV screen. Case closed.

Shit you right
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What map? I also don't get the point of saying this. How does it answer my questions?

because it doesn't mater how fast a weapon kills someone it doesn't make the weapon better than a pistol br or dmr. Why is the sniper better at long range why is the shotty the best at point blank why are autos the best at close range and your pistol is a utility weapon
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honest question, if the game doesnt have such a huge gap in skill why is it clg is stomping on every team this bad? Also, why is it no one can catch up to players like Frosty?

Not agreeing/disagreeing but this is the first time halo has real money iirc, players are grinding but theres a clear distinction in the tier of the team and it can be pretty steep.

Again, not agreeing/disagreeing (not even sure how id figure out if a game had it anyways)

• Upvote (+1) 8

Are you really telling me that you don't understand how people say smgs and storm rifles reduce the skill gap?

Also it was probably unnecessary for me to say the success thing so sorry for that

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

because it doesn't mater how fast a weapon kills someone it doesn't make the weapon better than a pistol br or dmr. Why is the sniper better at long range why is the shotty the best at point blank why are autos the best at close range and your pistol is a utility weapon

The dmr is better overall than the shotgun.

Therefore it doesn't matter if we all spawn with shotguns.

At least according to you

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

There's a difference between a weapon requiring no skill and a weapon being imbalanced.

Automatics in Halo 5 have headshot multipliers (hey look, you're rewarded for aiming well) and perfect tap accuracy (you're rewarded for timing your shots properly).  Combined with Thruster, which effectively resets your reticule to initial accuracy stage AND significantly alters your battle positioning, auto battles are actually skillful in this game.  (The Storm Rifle is not included in this, and has a bit too much tracking, which offsets its projectile-fire mode adding to the required skill of use.  That weapon is absurd.)

However, they are not balanced, and so they tend to win almost any battle versus precision weapons in close quarters.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't need to learn to write to make 200k a year I play video games for a living if you didn't know I use my thumbs and control a big guy in my tv screen

Even without taxing your winnings you're far off 200k.  

I guess E6 really is the most powerful org in the world.  

Pistol is a utility weapon. BR is an easier and stronger utility weapon. As is the DMR. Why is the sniper best at long range? The same reasons I mentioned earlier RRR, magnetism 1sk potential. Plus the fact that kill times are longer with every other weapon in the game. Shotty is best in close range because it's ttk in close range is the best. You aren't disapproving anything. The SMG, AR and SMG all have faster perfect TTK's and are less punishing for missed shots. This isn't an opinion it is a fact. If you really want to bet $100 that an auto couldn't kill you in a 1v1 if you used a pistol then that wouldn't be the best idea. Would I take you up on it? No, but I can go through tournament vod and find people (even you) losing 1v1's to autos when you have a pistol.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honest question, if the game doesnt have such a huge gap in skill why is it clg is stomping on every team this bad? Also, why is it no one can catch up to players like Frosty?

Not agreeing/disagreeing but this is the first time halo has real money iirc, players are grinding but theres a clear distinction in the tier of the team and it can be pretty steep.

Again, not agreeing/disagreeing (not even sure how id figure out if a game had it anyways)

The same reason OpTic dominates CoD
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The dmr is better overall than the shotgun.

Therefore it doesn't matter if we all spawn with shotguns.

At least according to you

the point is the pistol can be used at all distances therfore you start with it. The other weapons you need to put yourself in a position to use them otherwise you get a free kill on someone trying to use them. Making a skill gap knowledge of the map your surroundings and when to use what weapons. Even at the pro level I kill guys trying to smg and ar me all the time Cus they take the risk having the weapon out or not. Everything tAkes skill from a smg to a shotty
  • Upvote (+1) 7