CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Minor gripe but why would they remove the ability to clamber on those rocks/wall on coliseum? It provided a nice extra variable when pushing the base.

I honestly think the pros need to play the gametypes a bit and then have a couple of the more articulate individuals write up which changes they like and which they don't, including evidence for why and examples from games they've played. Then see how many pros they can get to sign off on it petition style. The last time we got something big accomplished it took Snakebite making some informed statements followed by a poll of the pros regarding Breakout. I think they need to come to a consensus and act as a group.

I guess this is basically the same idea as a player's union, even if it's not formal.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Minor gripe but why would they remove the ability to clamber on those rocks/wall on coliseum? It provided a nice extra variable when pushing the base.

Because you could only do it on red side so it was unbalanced is my understanding.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because you could only do it on red side so it was unbalanced is my understanding.

This.  They're trying to make Coliseum as close to a true Symm as possible.

Can you still clamber up blue base from cave side tho?

I guess this is basically the same idea as a player'a union, even if it's not formal.

:stern:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you still clamber up blue base from cave side tho?

I've only ever seen frosty do that before. Much harder to do than simply jumping.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've only ever seen frosty do that before. Much harder to do than simply jumping.

I saw Commonly do it on steam once, but you're right, it's a much more complicated maneuver.

Edit: you also hit a "return to battlefield" at the top of that one right?

I honestly think the pros need to play the gametypes a bit and then have a couple of the more articulate individuals write up which changes they like and which they don't, including evidence for why and examples from games they've played. Then see how many pros they can get to sign off on it petition style. The last time we got something big accomplished it took Snakebite making some informed statements followed by a poll of the pros regarding Breakout. I think they need to come to a consensus and act as a group.

I guess this is basically the same idea as a player'a union, even if it's not formal.

I Think that is a really good idea. I wonder if there is a way to do something similar on a larger scale with the rest of the player base. I think if 343 (or maybe a forum like Team Beyond!) released a survey in 1-2 weeks so players have adequate time to test the new settings and have feedback, we can get the right changes. 

And your point is?

Stop acting like whiny children over something that hasn't even been put into competitive play. All they did was make changes in Team Arena. Be big boys and provide real feedback to them that doesn't involve "kill me" tweets.

Negative fake internet points on my post isn't exactly hurting my point.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Stop acting like whiny children over something that hasn't even been put into competitive play. All they did was make changes in Team Arena. Be big boys and provide real feedback to them that doesn't involve "kill me" tweets.

Negative fake internet points on my post isn't exact hurting my point.

I tried saying this earlier and started a small fire lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

it's not our job to provide feedback. I paid $60 for a game and they take away the only playlist I play. That's how you get people to quit.

Uncomfortable Truth: 343 Microsoft doesn't actually care if you continue playing if you aren't buying REQ packs.

If you bought the disc, and are not one of the REQ pack-buying whales continuing to fund the game, you've already served your purpose as a consumer.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Uncomfortable Truth: 343 Microsoft doesn't actually care if you continue playing if you aren't buying REQ packs.

If you bought the disc, and are not one of the REQ pack-buying whales continuing to fund the game, you've already served your purpose as a consumer.

well obviously, but a smaller player base isn't something they're shooting for either. Less competitive players mean less team skin packs being sold as well.

So both Truth and Regret suffer reasonably from one team getting ahead and snowballing right? Anyone find it interesting that in order to fix this on Regret they moved the BRs inside the base making them as easy as possible to get for the team that is behind (good idea), while the last update to Truth moved the only rifles on the map to the mid points, giving them to the team that already has control (bad idea)?

I mean, I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point right? :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Uncomfortable Truth: 343 Microsoft doesn't actually care if you continue playing if you aren't buying REQ packs.

not true

almost true

• Upvote (+1) 1

God I hate when people say "stop acting entitled" when it comes to video games. You people are why we get shitty half ass finished games at launch.

Every single AAA competitive shooter out there continues to make changes and tweak. Assuming it's not just an annual franchise.

And your analogy is god awful because it only helps my point. Proper user feedback HELPS the quality of a competitive game on launch.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Every single AAA competitive shooter out there continues to make changes and tweak. Assuming it's not just an annual franchise.

And your analogy is god awful because it only helps my point. Proper user feedback HELPS the quality of a competitive game on launch.

Nobody said anything about changes and tweaks being made? They need to test changes and tweaks in house with their pro team then make a SEPARATE test playlist asking for feedback.

Uhhhh I didn't make an analogy. But no, giving feedback is fine. What's not fine is expecting an entire portion of your player base to be guinea pigs for new gametypes and removing their only playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

See, that's the crazy thing about all of this: Halo 5 is not unplayable. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

yeah guys provide "real feedback" for the 100000th time, things will different this time! /s

the louder people are the better (csgo revolver)

i think halo fans are exhausted by shit GP changes at this point, no wonder the population is ASS

• Upvote (+1) 7