CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Form a players union. Take official votes as a collective for big issues. United front.

The Golden Rule, those with the gold, make the rules, Pro players can make suggestions all they want and 343 will do the courteous thing and hear them out but at the end of the day, at best those suggestion will have minimal influence on 343 decisions.

There's no need for an United front to point out flaws with the game, it's only needed to push hidden agendas. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The Golden Rule, those with the gold, make the rules, Pro players can make suggestions all they want and 343 will do the courteous thing and hear them out but at the end of the day, at best those suggestion will have minimal influence on 343 decisions.

There's no need for an United front to point out flaws with the game, it's only needed to push hidden agendas.

You're missing the point of the players union. It's about the implication...

• Upvote (+1) 2

naded's stream shows him finding the barrier on top red and doing the sword bridge run all in 20sec from this timestamp

https://www.twitch.tv/naded/v/84629521?t=5h19m

5hours, 19min in for mobile users

hmmm... that to me seems like something that would make CTF not much fun to watch because it'd all be over so quickly (given the right slayage conditions)...

• Upvote (+1) 1

At least there's no Molten ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

..yet.

In my very amateur opinion, only thing that jumps out at me as unplayable is riptide slayer.

Rig slayer sounds like an improvement, tbh. Shotgun might mean more cycling, just MAYBE promoting holding more than tower/engine/bunker.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ok. Instead of JUST complaining on here. I hope you all go to the Waypoint forums and give feed back. ( https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics ). 343 seems to really respond to feed back on the forums they set up to hear it. During the summer testing period, a lot of what people were saying on there got into the game.

Now let's get rid of Overgrowth and RIP-tide. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now let's get rid of Overgrowth and RIP-tide. :)

Hey whoa, infection on riptide is fine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I get that they are looking for feedback and want us to test the playlist but why should this even be a thing at this point? There are so many other things that really need addressing like a proper social playlist, no radar, proper matchmaking, open lans, and information about what is actually gonna happen next season. I mean I just don't get what they are doing at this point, are they trolling? Or do they really just not understand? It's so frustrating because I just want halo to succeed but stupid shit just keeps happening and major problems with relatively easy fixes just get ignored. And why does everything have to be kept secret? It dead ass benefits no one.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I get that they are looking for feedback and want us to test the playlist but why should this even be a thing at this point? There are so many other things that really need addressing like a proper social playlist, no radar, proper matchmaking, open lans, and information about what is actually gonna happen next season. I mean I just don't get what they are doing at this point, are they trolling? Or do they really just not understand? It's so frustrating because I just want halo to succeed but stupid shit just keeps happening and major problems with relatively easy fixes just get ignored. And why does everything have to be kept secret? It dead ass benefits no one.

They aren't mutually exclusive. You can work on receiving feedback and releasing info for next season or sorting an Open LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Meanwhile Riot is still on a 2 week patch cycle 7 years after release.

Riot aren't innocent when it comes to making complete SHIT changes to their game at bad times. LoL worlds 2015 was played on one of the most broken patches LoL has even seen because of their patch cycle. They released a HUGE patch, reworking a complete class of champions, in between each region's playoffs and the world championship. That led to NO competitive games being played on the patch before the world fucking championship. As a result, there were two champions (Gangplank and Mordekaiser) that were 100%/99% pick/banned respectively. This made pick/bans complete garbage because one side had to ban BOTH of these champs or the team with first pick got an auto win.

They've also done something similar right now by releasing a patch right before playoffs that completely removed lane swaps before 5 minutes. A lot of teams lane swapped over 50% of their regular season games, so taking away a strategy for some teams right at playoffs makes no sense.

My main point is Riot, like 343, aren't innocent when it comes to making changes to their game. Riot normally does it right, but they've also completely fucked it up as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been gone for a few days. Is cloud 9 out of the scene again already?

xVj7cPR.png

I thought this summed up what happened with c9/TL perfectly. 

From what I can tell, most of the pro players were caught off guard by these new arena changes - so wtf happened at the HCS/343 summit? Did 343 actually not have them test these gametypes, and then not even tell them they were going to put them back out there?

I really don't get it. If someone could explain what happened at the summit that would be great.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks like Elevate (Randa, BabyJ, Falcated, Shotzzy) went toe to toe with Optic + Rammy last night. Won 7-6, 2 games of Plaza TS played with both leading each one by a few kills, then having a lagout. 

Edit: Plaza TS was played a third time and Optic won. Trying to figure out which gametype they didn't play (or if I miscounted).

Edit 2: They didn't play Plaza strongholds, and score was actually 6-6 (Eden TS lagout with Elevate up 37-35)

From what I can tell, most of the pro players were caught off guard by these new arena changes - so wtf happened at the HCS/343 summit? Did 343 actually not have them test these gametypes, and then not even tell them they were going to put them back out there?

I really don't get it. If someone could explain what happened at the summit that would be great.

Team Arena is not HCS.

The settings suck, but it's not like everything in the Arena playlist is automatically in HCS.

I hate the settings too, but all of you act like Team Arena is the "OFFICIAL HCS SETTINGS ARENA".  It's not.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Team Arena is not HCS.

The settings suck, but it's not like everything in the Arena playlist is automatically in HCS.

I hate the settings too, but all of you act like Team Arena is the "OFFICIAL HCS SETTINGS ARENA".  It's not.

Uhhh. 

Up until this update, that's what it was turned into. They made a big deal about it becoming a playlist with just the HCS settings. After this preview period, they'll likely do the same so it matches up with the Fall season settings.

Unless I missed the fact that this changed at some point?

EDIT:

As of today, the Team Arena playlist will reflect the official HCS Pro League maps and game types.

Source: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/team-arena-refresh

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wtf is the "song of peace"? Lol

An episode from Games of Thrones I think.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So yeah... Arena is not even playable anymore also, I've gotten Stasis a whopping 7 times in a row.

So yeah... Arena is not even playable anymore also, I've gotten Stasis a whopping 7 times in a row.

I finally get a week off of work right before i go back to school, was ready to grind to champ then this garbage comes out lol.  I guess i'll still play, but i just spent forever practicing the old game types and now im forced to play some random garbage.  There are a few changes i can see maybe working out, but lets be real these settings are utter garbage

Team Arena is not HCS.

I hate the settings too, but all of you act like Team Arena is the "OFFICIAL HCS SETTINGS ARENA". It's not.

lmao it was literally the exact HCS settings and that's where evert try hard and AM players lives.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

So with sword on coliseum from enemy bridge can you slide boost with flag to your own bridge?

You could do that before anyway.

Wtf is the "song of peace"? Lol

It's a faster ROF, lower recoil Suppressor.

Basically it's 343 saying "The regular Suppressor is too shit to convince people to use it."

• Upvote (+1) 1