CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's not that we want radar in. I am all for testing no radar, but I currently have to explain why we don't think riptide will work in competitive. Also we have been over this before. Pros do not determine what we test or do not test. they tell us what we play and we have to do it for our opinion to be taken seriously. I wish it wasn't like this somewhat but it is just what we are working with currently. 

Can pros not suggest maps to be added in, gametypes or certain small tweaks to be made? A small tweak as in (but not limited to) something as little as moving a weapon or powerup to a different location on a map, changing ammo count, or a player spawn point.

*suggest as in you do it and it actually matters

None of us are not entitled to anything when it comes to video games.

That was deep man. Seriously you're the next frank underwood. whoa.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I like how Halo players act like their mother just told them she had Zika when they were in the womb anytime anything is changed.

Meanwhile CoD players are just going out and playing for millions of dollars throwing a stupid metal ball into a magical blue a-hole while adjusting to a new game every year.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 13

I like how Halo players act like their mother just told them she had Zika when they were in the womb anytime anything is changed.

Meanwhile CoD players are just going out and playing for millions of dollars throwing a stupid metal ball into a magical blue a-hole while adjusting to a new game every year.

Well to be honest they get fined if they complain on Twitter.

I like how people make special posts to make sure they tell everyone how not mad they are, so people will see that they're the cool guy at the lunch table.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Umm Von tried to leave everything in the competitive game and CoD players flipped. They even made gentlemen's rules to not use dumb shit like shock charges. Eventually Von just banned them because pros were upset.

We can take a look at what happened when Valve added their new gun too if you like.

If anything m, what makes the Halo community different is the lack of complaining and the constant attacking of people that criticize the game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Umm Von tried to leave everything in the competitive game and CoD players flipped. They even made gentlemen's rules to not use dumb shit like shock charges. Eventually Von just banned them because pros were upset.

We can take a look at what happened when Valve added their new gun too if you like.

If anything m, what makes the Halo community different is the lack of complaining and the constant attacking of people that criticize the game.

I don't think I've ever seen a bigger 180 than when Valve added that new gun. The complaints were unreal.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Regarding the playlist changes, 343's method is completely asinine. If something isn't begging for a change, then leave it be. Change 1 or 2 things per map if need be. Remove the least favorite maps and replace them with a few test maps at a time. Do not overhaul everything at once for the sake of it. We cannot concentrate our feedback when they do that. So instead of testing a bunch of new assault maps, multiple old maps that have already been shunned out of competitive play, and ridiculous weapon updates on previous maps, just give us a couple new things to try based on actual feedback so the entire arena playlist doesn't suffer.

Use forge (from the community) to get the most competitive maps possible. Maybe the reason assault has failed in this game so far is because it wasn't made for this game. Forge can literally provide maps that will make your crappy knockoff assault variant play great. Same goes for oddball. It's the best resource we have for competitive settings and it gets ignored.

And lastly, a bad map is a bad map. Nearly every post launch map that had been added is a bad map, and changing the weapons on it will not make up for this fact.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't think I would be so annoyed with the changes if they came back with something to show for all of the apparent iteration. A lot of the problems they outline are things that have been readily apparent for a long time while the solutions don't seem to justify the wait and might not even be a good solution in the first place. Like the spawns in assault. Anyone could have told you they were fubar right away. How did it take this long to be addressed? Why are we trying maps that were held back by deficiencies in geometry again by trying to mask it with weapon placement changes? All you're going to get is a mediocre experience at best going that route. Why aren't we opening up routes and actually fixing the maps? It's 343 not Killa KC in 2008 with forge. We should expect more from a developer.

Finally why is our only Playlist a beta testing ground? I don't mind however not everyone will be interested in that and ruining their experience is frankly stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Danoxide and hype Naded are perfect for each other. 

Was watching earlier and someone asked if he (Naded) would be competing again. He said "We're just waiting to announce an org, but yeah, for sure"; does that mean he'll be teaming with Dan for the Fall Season..?

Was watching earlier and someone asked if he (Naded) would be competing again. He said "We're just waiting to announce an org, but yeah, for sure"; does that mean he'll be teaming with Dan for the Fall Season..?

I think it's all but confirmed that naded/el town/eco are teaming on the former liquid seed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And your point is?

So with sword on coliseum from enemy bridge can you slide boost with flag to your own bridge?

So with sword on coliseum from enemy bridge can you slide boost with flag to your own bridge?

Naded just did it on stream so that's a roger roger on that one. :P

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't know what you guys want us to do, we've told them everything we think about trying to add in crazy shit like this but it's still tried. Best we can do is just make sure it doesn't get finalized and in.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything, just was curious if you guys had done that. I know I see you or a few others being vocal, but was wondering if you'd ever all gone in on something at the same time. 343 is the worst.

EDIT: I am sure you had answered that question plenty of times, I just never saw the answer here.

You can do it without sword. Naded did it at regionals
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If anything CoD players complain more

They'll make YouTube videos to complain about the game, its settings, and the league. Meanwhile, most halo pros are probably so happy to have a league that they don't even talk about ar starts (at least in public)

Even worse, they might even prefer ar starts

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't know what you guys want us to do, we've told them everything we think about trying to add in crazy shit like this but it's still tried. Best we can do is just make sure it doesn't get finalized and in.

Form a players union. Take official votes as a collective for big issues. United front.

Preventing nonsense before it even makes it to public testing, so no one is forced to suffer through maps and settings not optimal for competitive play should be the goal. Whatever is happening right now feedback wise clearly isn't "hitting home".

Maybe they will still do this stuff regardless, but I would say that it's worth a shot.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

in the Coliseum change list, it says, "Added player collision on the red wing to better balance out red/blue bases".... What is player collision, and how does it influence game play?

in the Coliseum change list, it says, "Added player collision on the red wing to better balance out red/blue bases".... What is player collision, and how does it influence game play?

Its probably an invisible barrier that stops people from getting up on that ledge. Should remove that disadvantage. 

• Upvote (+1) 1