CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hope Hecz sees the opportunity in front of him. As far as I know Eco, Danoxide, Naded, and eL town are without an org. Hecz should give up his league spot and get them under OpTic. IMO he's given Maniac a lot of time and it hasn't paid off. Plus Maniac can go back being BtH with aPG and Ace lmao.

Edit: I think that team could contend for top 4 maybe 3. Imagine OpTic Halo a top 3 team.

They have an org already

They have an org already

Who? Cause I saw the rumors of Rise but I didn't know if anything was official.

Who? Cause I saw the rumors of Rise but I didn't know if anything was official.

Not Rise

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't know, man. Everybody talks about the OpTic juice but to be honest, I'd rather Halo grew naturally and didn't have the falsely inflated viewership that comes with that fanbase. I'm glad they're in Halo and everything, but I'd take 8k extra viewers without OpTic than 12k with OpTic given the choice. OpTic fans are like TSM fans and their loyalty is entirely with the brand and not the game. Would much rather see the viewership grow organically without their success than artificially with them at the top of the league. I don't know how many OpTic fans who have tuned in to watch Halo since H2A would be here watching still if Hecz had left the project to die.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a spectator of Halo only, I have to say I do like when they change things up on the maps.  The idea of the meta of a game shifting, and various playstyles becoming stronger and weaker is what keeps eSports interesting.  Otherwise you are just watching the same thing over and over again.   So I do hope to see new and interesting things in the upcoming HCS Season.  

That said, I do wish we had at least 1 more good map that was as good as anything we had in Halo 3.

As a player of Halo, I have to say I don't like when they change things on the map for superficial reasons. The idea of the developer randomly shifting around weapons for the sake of shifting around weapons is what keeps me confused.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Theres not THAT much of an effect on Halo with Optic juice...

Optics match during finals (relegation) was 22k. Without them it was 22k (CLG vs E6). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Optic are scrimming with Rammy as their 4th. Don't think I saw anyone mention that yet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Spartan just went 18-1 on Eden slayer against E6. :apg: (TL 50-23 E6).

Current scrim score: E6 4-3 TL

twitch.tv/pznguin for the best overlay and facecam in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Spartan just went 18-1 on Eden slayer against E6. :apg: (TL 50-23 E6).

Current scrim score: E6 4-3 TL

twitch.tv/pznguin for the best overlay and facecam in the game.

I thought Spartan was on C9 with Hamy Peng and Rayne, not on TL

Edit:see this is why I wanted a TLDR of the past 24 hours

Optics match during finals (relegation) was 22k. Without them it was 22k (CLG vs E6). 

Could be because OpTic is a bottom feeder in HCS and the OpTic fanbase isn't very interested anymore?

But if they WERE successful.. I don't think the OpTic fans are interested in Halo. Only in seeing OpTic win games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a player of Halo, I have to say I don't like when they change things on the map for superficial reasons. The idea of the developer randomly shifting around weapons for the sake of shifting around weapons is what keeps me confused.

Rockets and snipe shifting on coli was confusing?  Rail and Camo on that other map?  From a spectators perspective it was a huge improvement.  

I thought Spartan was on C9 with Hamy Peng and Rayne, not on TL

Edit:see this is why I wanted a TLDR of the past 24 hours

Apparently the TL CEO saw all their milk comments and knew it was a match made in heaven 

7fe9d98a24.png

I like how they acknowledge the spawn disadvantage on the more open parts of the map by giving them a precision pickup, very heads up.

Y'know, instead of improving the spawns or buffing the magnum.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Metas shift without map changes. If you change things in maps every 3 months nothing will develop further than first thoughts.

I agree that not all maps needs to be totally discombobulated.  Giving more options on spawn traps to snowballey maps is a good thing IMO. The meta does eventually plateau quite a bit, changes that improve balance are a good thing and changes can help prevent the game from stagnating.  Watching another HCS season with the exact same settings \ maps isn't exactly the most exciting thing ever as a viewer.  

Ever watched Starcraft 2?  Imagine each game just kept the release patch.  Yes the meta would evolve but it would also plateau quite a bit.  The changes they made to that game, even subtle ones, kept the meta evolving at an accelerated pace.  Pros hated it at times but the good ones worked hard to adapt and find new strategies.     

I don't know, man. Everybody talks about the OpTic juice but to be honest, I'd rather Halo grew naturally and didn't have the falsely inflated viewership that comes with that fanbase. I'm glad they're in Halo and everything, but I'd take 8k extra viewers without OpTic than 12k with OpTic given the choice. OpTic fans are like TSM fans and their loyalty is entirely with the brand and not the game. Would much rather see the viewership grow organically without their success than artificially with them at the top of the league. I don't know how many OpTic fans who have tuned in to watch Halo since H2A would be here watching still if Hecz had left the project to die.

I always thought people understood that the OpTic juice isn't about getting 8k extra viewers or whatever, but its about how a small portion of the people tuning in solely because of OpTic actually become Halo fans and not just OpTic fans.

I mean for the relegation match though you have to take into account viewers who don't give a crap about how is the best of the worst. More people are hyped to go watch the actual finals than the relegation finals.

Rockets and snipe shifting on coli was confusing?  Rail and Camo on that other map?  From a spectators perspective it was a huge improvement.  

Rockets and snipe shifting on coli was a huge improvement from the spectator's perspective?

Rockets and snipe shifting on coli was a huge improvement from the spectator's perspective?

not speaking for everyone, just my own opinion yes I thought it was an improvement.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Looks like the next Arena map will be similar to the inside of that new Firefight map that has the mech grunt. Has potential.. but 343.

thearenaconcept-87b9d30f2dea44d9a0f388dd

A Sanghelios Arena map sounds pretty lit.

Sanctum looks gorgeous in Warzone.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow, the ability to play test new settings and provide feedback?... And people still complain without giving the setting proper testing. If I were 343, I would move on to another project and let you all suffer. I hear CoD is still popular these days  :glasses:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Wow, the ability to play test new settings and provide feedback?...

I don't appreciate being forced to "test" established bad maps and settings with non-sensical reasoning behind them in matchmaking.

If I were 343, I would move on to another project

I wish you were 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2