CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Remember that one time Bravo said they were testing community 4v4 forge maps (such as community made remakes) and they were going to put them in matchmaking?

That was literally months ago.  :mj:

Remember when Bravo compared the population to H3 promising later proof that, as far as I know, has never been released?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Remember when Bravo compared the population to H3 promising later proof that, as far as I know, has never been released?

Can you show me where he promised proof? When I saw that he said he doesn't know if he can release the information and will see

• Upvote (+1) 3

Everything at 343 is just spiraling out of amuck right now.

It was MAU, so of course it would be doing good each month around the time of the updates, so that is believable.

Have you even played the new gametypes? Come back when you have 3 games on each variant played.

you-got-me.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think H1 maps would play really well in H5. Imagine Damnation and Chill out.

Noooooot toooo sure how I feel about that one..

meaning I hope this never happens.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can you show me where he promised proof? When I saw that he said he doesn't know if he can release the information and will see

I am not going to go find the Reddit post and you could be completely right. Point is, why do we believe anything they say? We consistently get strung around by these statements that, for all we know, are completely made up. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think H1 maps would play really well in H5. Imagine Damnation and Chill out.

i think you mean the other way around... I can see riptide, overgrowth, and such being good on h ce, though it's really easy to make decent maps for a game that has incredibly balanced and solid base settings. 

Damnation would be garbage as we've seen in reach. Chillout would be just as bad. 4v4 damnation is terrible even on HCE

maybe oddball would work for damnation

Noooooot toooo sure how I feel about that one..

meaning I hope this never happens.

How could you know without playing them kappa

i think you mean the other way around... I can see riptide and such being good on h ce, though it's really easy to make decent maps for a game that has incredibly balanced and solid base settings. 

Damnation would be garbage as we've seen in reach. Chillout would be just as bad. 

maybe oddball would work for damnation

I think the vertical aspect of CE maps would play much better in H5 than in Reach or H3

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am not going to go find the Reddit post and you could be completely right. Point is, why do we believe anything they say? We consistently get strung around by these statements that, for all we know, are completely made up. 

Then go on and say your point..don't say he promised something when he didn't. You promised me an edible arrangement for my birthday, where's that?

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's really just mind blowing that 343 feels these things need further testing in general. The simple fact that the best option is "just make sure the absolute shittiest stuff doesn't make it through" is just ... Asinine.

Asinine

Ass-uh-9

It's not that we want radar in. I am all for testing no radar, but I currently have to explain why we don't think riptide will work in competitive. Also we have been over this before. Pros do not determine what we test or do not test. they tell us what we play and we have to do it for our opinion to be taken seriously. I wish it wasn't like this somewhat but it is just what we are working with currently.

Could you explain why a majority of pros polled on this website wanted radar to stay? If it was because they didn't want to shake things up before worlds could you explain why there has been no visible push by pros here or elsewhere to have it removed and why you, your teammate, and others have wanted it to stay in?
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Then go on and say your point..don't say he promised something when he didn't. You promised me an edible arrangement for my birthday, where's that?

Yeah, it was a quick post and I could have worded it better.

FeelsBadMan. Give me your address and I'll send you one to make up for the heartbreak you have suffered.

FeelsBadMan. Give me your address and I'll send you one to make up for the heartbreak you have suffered.

Dave Stu don't tease me like that

I think the vertical aspect of CE maps would play much better in H5 than in Reach or H3

I'm not going to agree or disagree, but the problem with damnation isn't it's verticality, it's that it's separated into red or snipe side, and there's no way to get to the other side once your position is known. so you're just pinned the whole game as the only way to get to green/camo plat is through a tunnel whether its clinky or teleporter to an open catwalk. You're just funneled into one place, approaching is a losing game. 

How are people actually defending this in any sort of way?

Riptide:

The map would be improved massively by just removing the storm rifles, but that doesn't mean that the core structure of the map isnt just awful. You essentially have 3 different maps in one big area. It's rigid and has long corridors and sharp corners which just encourages camping mad boring gameplay. Most of the gameplay on riptide happens in about 1/3 of the map. It's fucking awful.

Overgrowth:

Obviously improved after they changed the power weapons, but it still has many of the same issues riptide has. Tight corridors and small lines of sight. I also hate the railgun, but that's just me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The problem with riptide and overgrowth is map design. No rearrangement of weapons will fix them. 

I feel like this applies to most maps. Even some that are "good" right now by comparative standards could be made "iconic" with some actual geometry changes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1