CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Remember that one time Bravo said they were testing community 4v4 forge maps (such as community made remakes) and they were going to put them in matchmaking?

That was literally months ago.  :mj:

Remember when 343 removed Orion and said they would add it back. We're approaching a year

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just in case anyone wants to read Audley's initial feedback on the changes (since he mentioned it but didn't post it - I'll go ahead and promote it for him)

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp167b

his point about riptide is spot on. I don't think there is anything outside of a total design overhaul that saves Riptide. No amount of tinkering will make up for the geometry as it stands.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So can we take a break from complaining about the test settings and waiting for the hot pro league intel to discuss why open LANs are important for the scene? Everyone keeps overlooking why they are necessary. It isn't tradition. It isn't so we have a breeding ground for new talent. It isn't to weed out the players who are "only good online." The point of an open LAN is to allow for players to experience the ONE THING that matters as a competitive Halo player. And that, my friends, is the ability to get an e-girl! @@Vivi

• Upvote (+1) 4

Remember when 343 removed Orion and said they would add it back. We're approaching a year

They actually added it back but only for customs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

but you valued Lethuls opinion and he hasn't played them. What is wrong with you?

He was commenting on their design being bad and specifically mentioned that. Can you not read or do you think he has never played either of those maps before? You never said one reason you disliked the maps. Only that you didn't need to play them to know they sucked.

He was commenting on their design being bad and specifically mentioned that. Can you not read or do you think he has never played either of those maps before? You never said one reason you disliked the maps. Only that you didn't need to play them to know they sucked.

You can comment on the design without playing them... I don't know why I'm arguing with the guy that says Overgrowth and Riptide are better than Stasis.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Just want to point out that "social eating" has more viewers on Twitch than Halo.  In other words, people eating food in their rooms while on webcams gets more views than Halo.

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was watching, they were considering trying to scrim E6 if Contra/Cratos got back from dinner at a reasonable hour and Contra was warning them that the setup he would have to play on would be "dog shit." Don't think anything was said about new settings.

No, I'm pretty sure now that he said the season 2 changes were dog shit.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I think Empire is one of the worst maps in this game. 

Map is a straight nade/automatic fest. Its not fun to watch or play

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can comment on the design without playing them... I don't know why I'm arguing with the guy that says Overgrowth and Riptide are better than Stasis.

But he was making those comments off of his experience playing on the maps. How are you arguing when you haven't made a single argument?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

They actually added it back but only for customs.

They were supposed to put it in mm.

I wouldn't mind seeing Orion ts tested

• Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe 343 should consider some remakes.......these new maps aren't working out. What old maps do you guys think would work in Halo 5?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Overgrowth is the Orbital of this game. Just hallways, nothing can make it good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man I hate the tone policing in this thread haha. 

There are two problems with the "tell 343i what to do in a calm and logical fashion" idea. First, people have done that. For five years. Hasn't worked that well.* Second, we shouldn't have to explain why some of the things they do are utterly ridiculous. The fact that twin binaries on Coli was an actual thing they were thinking about doing says a lot more about them than the subsequent reaction says about the community. 

And let's cut out this "343i won't listen to angry rants" thing. Because first off emotions and logic aren't mutually exclusive -- if 343i is discounting or discarding people's views on the game simply because they use some swear words and hurt their fee fees then they don't understand the frustration many extremely passionate people have had for YEARS. Want to stop the most passionate core of people from playing your game? Don't listen to them and choose to pander to the masses who stop playing after a month, and when the core group starts venting? Write them off as bitchy and toxic assholes who don't like any change! There are people who are incredibly passionate about this game and often have a very deep understanding of how it works. Categorically writing off their opinions simply because they used a tone you didn't like is the exact opposite of what 343i should be doing.

*(yes I know 343 has caved on certain things but these are the exception, not the norm)

• Upvote (+1) 6

Maybe 343 should consider some remakes.......these new maps aren't working out. What old maps do you guys think would work in Halo 5?

Ascension and maybe a lockout/guardian mashup.

There have been some incredible community made remakes. They need to be seriously tested. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overgrowth is the Orbital of this game. Just hallways, nothing can make it good.

Have you even played the new gametypes? Come back when you have 3 games on each variant played.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think H1 maps would play really well in H5. Imagine Damnation and Chill out.

• Upvote (+1) 1