CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think the best way to provide feedback or fix these rotations is to read the explanations that 343 provides for their changes and counter it to facts and actual arguments. Complaining blindly and just saying things like" this map is cancer" or "omg bring Bungie back, fuck 343" while it could be justified, it just isn't the proper way to go about things.

Yes, I also think that these settings should be a different playlist and yes Riptide and Overgrowth  aren't my favorites maps, but I just wanted to share my opinion on here.

You're right obviously but its hard to keep caring that much sometimes.

Yea the huge online H1 community was probably super happy about it back then

Remember that time Halo 3 launched with Snowbound and Epitaph?

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you want to know why 343 doesn't listen to the community it's because everyone starts overreacting and making a big deal before even testing the settings.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It's not that we want radar in. I am all for testing no radar, but I currently have to explain why we don't think riptide will work in competitive. Also we have been over this before. Pros do not determine what we test or do not test. they tell us what we play and we have to do it for our opinion to be taken seriously. I wish it wasn't like this somewhat but it is just what we are working with currently. 

Other than the tendency to stalemate (and presumably the dead zone area where they just moved the H2BR), what are your issues with Riptide?

counter it to facts and actual arguments.

200_s.gif

would do if it could make any difference, but its 343 after all.

Dude, I don't need to play Riptide or Overgrowth to tell you they're fucking terrible. There is no change you can make to those maps to make them good. I play enough Halo to know the changes are bad. Like the other guy, last time they changed Arena I quit playing.

Also, I'm not a tester. I want to play the competitive playlist.

You're the problem

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Other than the tendency to stalemate (and presumably the dead zone area where they just moved the H2BR), what are your issues with Riptide?

I haven't played the new one so I don't have any comments on it yet. Was just using it as an example to the situation we are put in. 

How about this, dont give your opinion on anything until you've played at least 3 matches on each gametype and can provide proof .

:simms:

(not directed at anyone)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Overgrowth has been completely fine ever since they removed the shotgun and sword and I never understood the hate for riptide. Change some of the weapons and it plays fine. I think stasis ctf is terrible but do I call 343 shit and refuse to play because of it? No. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

If you want to know why 343 doesn't listen to the community it's because everyone starts overreacting and making a big deal before even testing the settings.

90% of the changes are absurd. There's no need to test them. Jesus some of you people are braindead
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

How about this, dont give your opinion on anything until you've played at least 3 matches on each gametype and can provide proof .

:simms:

(not directed at anyone)

Killa KC implemented that rule in Reach settings testing.

If you didn't provide Bungie links to your games to show you playtested them, your feedback post was ignored.

• Upvote (+1) 1

but do I call 343 shit and refuse to play because of it? No. 

urdoingitwrong

How about we have a compromise? If 343 doesn't try blatantly idiotic, completely ridiculous changes like Sword bottom mid or Binaries in each cave on Coliseum, people won't "make a big deal" about it. Sound good?

• Upvote (+1) 1

90% of the setting are abusrd? Care to give any examples? Saying "Riptide and Overgrowth" isn't an example.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

90% of the setting are abusrd? Care to give any examples? Saying "Riptide and Overgrowth" isn't an example.

Riptide and Overgrowth. If I need to tell you why you're braindead

kappa

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yea the huge online H1 community was probably super happy about it back then

You jest but there were thousands if not tens of thousands of people on XBC and PC combined lol.

@@LethuL @@SnakeBite have the pros ever talked in a group setting about binding together to force changes?

I don't know what you guys want us to do, we've told them everything we think about trying to add in crazy shit like this but it's still tried. Best we can do is just make sure it doesn't get finalized and in. 

• Upvote (+1) 4