CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Come on we're still trying to make Riptide and Overgrowth work while debating splinter nade placement. Don't get too ahead of yourself

It really shouldn't be that hard to implement no radar either way.

idk if you guys notice but arguing for no radar is probably at the bottom of the list when we go through testing these new settings

Is there a particular reason that a lot of pros feel they want radar to stay?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with 343. I've been patient and endured their horrible decisions for the duration of H5. Literally 99% of what I play is Team Arena and now I cant. It just blows my mind how incompetent they are. Holy fuck man, enough is enough. It's nuts, why do we have to go through this every other month.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yea well, this game has terrible maps to begin with. Thought this was something we just dealt with like AR starts and radar.

True, but it should be obvious to not put Riptide and Overgrowth in TA. I'm not even going to bother playing now.

And we really should try to do something about radar, feedback does work.

The Riptide changes are really smart for what they're trying to do -- looks like they want to make it not a STANDOFF FEST for Slayer.

So they've introduced Camo in a position where the trailing team has the best access to it, and replaced the Hydra with a Caster, which can get picks around walls/corners to initiate a push to retake.

It doesn't fix the geometry of the map being a problem, but at the very least it could give us the same kind of gameplay Construct TS gave where there's long stalemates followed by a clash for Camo, followed by either the Camo player making a huge play and flipping the map, or the same stalemate for another 2 minutes until new Camo.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The radar debates are back. Can we talk about The Office again? It's just as pertinent.

*Edit* Don't fight the radar circle jerk. You don't win. RIP.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 16

They didnt add torque

I'd rather burn my disc then have to play Riptide, Overgrowth, AND Torque in TA.

It still doesn't change that we now have 2 terrible maps in TA, and possibly the HCS.

Oh my god

I haven't gotten to thoroughly catch up. Am I going to have to play Riptide in Arena again? Please say no. PLEASE. I basically stopped playing H5 for 2 months the last time they tried this nonsense.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Remember when Bungie had to update Halo 1 every 4 months with map changes because of how horribly unbalanced and just generally how terrible the maps were?

But nah guys there's nothing wrong with Halo 5. Let's be happy and take what we can get. Clearly it is not flawed. This is not an admission by 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Come on we're still trying to make Riptide and Overgrowth work while debating splinter nade placement. Don't get too ahead of yourself

I would suggest a simple yet ambitious solution to this debate: stop wasting everyone's time and remove all of that stupid shit from the game entirely.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with 343. I've been patient and endured their horrible decisions for the duration of H5. Literally 99% of what I play is Team Arena and now I cant. It just blows my mind how incompetent they are. Holy fuck man, enough is enough. It's nuts, why do we have to go through this every other month.

Have you even played any of the changes yet?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Regret changes sound terrible. Everything else seems cool.

I hope Overgrowth Strongholds works out, I really do. Riptide, however, is one of the worst maps I've played in any video game ever. It is a complete disaster.

The radar debates are back. Can we talk about The Office again? It's just as pertinent.

:wutface: 

We don't need radar, we really shouldn't even be having to discuss removing it IMO. It should have been a Day 1 decision.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Have you even played any of the changes yet?

Dude, I don't need to play Riptide or Overgrowth to tell you they're fucking terrible. There is no change you can make to those maps to make them good. I play enough Halo to know the changes are bad. Like the other guy, last time they changed Arena I quit playing.

Also, I'm not a tester. I want to play the competitive playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think the best way to provide feedback or fix these rotations is to read the explanations that 343 provides for their changes and counter it to facts and actual arguments. Complaining blindly and just saying things like" this map is cancer" or "omg bring Bungie back, fuck 343" while it could be justified, it just isn't the proper way to go about things.

Yes, I also think that these settings should be a different playlist and yes Riptide and Overgrowth  aren't my favorites maps, but I just wanted to share my opinion on here.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Is there a particular reason that a lot of pros feel they want radar to stay?

If I had to guess they most likely do not want to have to adapt. Also there would be a chance where the top teams would not be so much better than the lesser pro teams. Maybe CLG wouldn't be so dominant compared to others if there was no radar. Not saying CLG wouldn't be the best, but maybe the gap between teams 1-6 would close quite a bit.

• Downvote (-1) 2

They keep trying to force Overgrowth and Riptide on everyone but we still cant get oddball tested....

Don't forget the SAW.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the best way to provide feedback or fix these rotations is to read the explanations that 343 provides for their changes and counter it to facts and actual arguments. Complaining blindly and just saying things like" this map is cancer" or "omg bring Bungie back, fuck 343" while it could be justified, it just isn't the proper way to go about things.

That's what I did.  I sent Quinn a Twitlonger full of impressions of how those changes will affect the maps, both positively and negatively.  Mostly negatively.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'd love to see a statistic on how many people "close to vanilla" settings has converted from casual players to competitive fans. Not trying to argue settings either way, I just know there is/was a big argument over this for the rationale of not removing radar, abilities etc. etc. I personally liked that the MLG settings in HCE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 tweaked the out of the box settings for the games. Obviously they were tweaked for Reach and H4 but they were both bootyhole regardless of settings, Reach just became sort of a playable game afterwards.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, I also think that these settings should be a different playlist and yes Riptide and Overgrowth  aren't my favorites maps, but I just wanted to share my opinion on here.

Or we can just abandon H5 because 343 only listens to the feedback they want to listen to. It is almost completely pointless. The amount of constructive posts rationally explaining how absolutely stupid sprint, radar etc is in Halo probably nears the thousands and they've never taken it into account.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3